The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Schedule, What can it tell us

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

9 minutes ago, xereau said:

Flames have 15 games with Pacific Teams remaining.

Oilers have 14 games with Pacific Teams remaining.

Knights have 10 games with Pacific Teams remaining.

Ducks have 16 games with Pacific Teams remaining.

Kings have 9 games with Pacific Teams remaining.

Yotes have 15 with Pacific teams remaining.

Canucks are in a GREAT spot, depending on how many of these games go to overtime.

This is one reason I think it will only take 93-95 points to clinch a playoff spot most games don't actually go into OT or SO. So one team going to gain points the other is a going to loss the 2 points. This is why every year people say it will take 100pts at the half way mark to make the playoffs but every year it is mid 90s to do so. Most div games are played at the last half of the year.

Edited by Arrow 1983

1 hour ago, Toyotasfan said:

I would be happy with a couple wins against Arizona after losing all 4 last season. 

Omg I think I had that erased from my memory. Now I remember. Brad Richardson hat trick, was the worst ever. Like the guy but wow that was bad on our part. 

I guess it’s our turn to even things out. Motte hat trick in coming 

2 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

I would be happy with a couple wins against Arizona after losing all 4 last season. 

The 4 losses last season was a bit flukey tbh. First meeting was a game where the Canucks were without both Pettersson and Boeser in the line up in the 2nd half of a back to back, really didn’t stand any chance for a win. Then there are the 2 OTL on home ice which really could’ve gone either way. The last one sucks as it was the infamous 4-goal game by former Canuck Brad Richardson. Hopefully, this year the team takes these 4 meetings with the Coyotes seriously and we win the majority of them.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

So far this season this is the Canuck record against teams that matter in the Pacific 

Van 1  Cal 1     2 games remaining

Van 2 Edm 2    0  Games remaining

Van 0  Ari O     4 games remaining

Van 1 Vegas 1   2 games remaining

First that is 8 games remaining against direct rivals which is 8 out of 36 or 22% 

2nd,  Ari and Van with 4 games remaining could easily decide who gets first or second,  second or third, or third and a wildcard, that is 16 points where if 1 team sweeps the other, 8 points for 1 team and 8 lost points for the other. (these games are probably the most must watch games of the season).

3rd, 2 with Cal 2 With Vegas, That's another 8 points. What does this all tell us simply the Canucks will have to minimally maintain 50% as they are now. Winning any of these series out right could clinch them a place in the top 3 in the Pacific. Winning out right against Ari could eliminate the competition losing out right would mean the Canucks are Probably battling for a wild card.

Honestly this tells us that we have a bonafide shot at getting in, the rest of the season is a cake walk compared to Nov which was a make or break month that we barely pulled off with .500 hockey when we played the hardest teams and we were banged up. As long as we win more games than we lose we might just squeak in easier than most people think since that was our toughest stretch and as long as we don't sustain a bunch of injuries we should be ok

5 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Omg I think I had that erased from my memory. Now I remember. Brad Richardson hat trick, was the worst ever. Like the guy but wow that was bad on our part. 

I guess it’s our turn to even things out. Motte hat trick in coming 

vs Van, he was probably just pleased that no Tree fell on him.

• 3 weeks later...