The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fire Green!

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

1 hour ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Nice reply.  You have no argument.  What your screen shot shows is that Jake's played every where from the 4th line to the 1st line....and????? So what? 

He put forth a better counter point than ignoring facts and moving goal posts... 

1 hour ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Good lord, so much vitriol on this board. Hold a dissenting opinion and people want to burn you at the stake. No wonder Sabresfan1 left.  What a cesspool the CDC has become. It's a shame.

Okay where to start first.....this is nothing lol I've gotten my share of attention for having a different opinion but this is totally different.....

your talking to someone that called the Sedins a rude name and picks on Brock's skating but yet this isn't even a debate or a conversation......

if you have a different opinion then use your big boy words and don't insult people but explain why you see that.......it works for me. (Word choice has gotten me in trouble and sometimes not enough context)

Okay fire Green.....if you asked me acouple months ago I would agree but Green has shown he has tools to be a good NHL coach but lacks experience and it doesn't help Nolan's D system makes scratch my head more times then I can count....

So maybe the thread should say fire Nolan not Green. 

2 hours ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Lol, no I'm not saying Green stifled Jake's development but I'm not saying he helped it either. Putting Jake on PP2 instead of Leivo was such an obvious no-brainer yet TG and his wonderful support staff didn't see it until a month ago when Leivo was out. 

I've always supported Jake as I saw a lot of potential there from day 1 and for the record I don't hate Green or anyone else.  Why would you hate someone who you don't even know? That's just dumb.  I don't think Green is the right man for the job based on his general 'status quo' attitude and his failure to address fundamental flaws in the overall system.  So rather than squandering an opportunity with a talented group on a 'young' coach I'd rather have him replaced by someone with a proven track record who knows what it takes to win in this leauge because they've been there before. Nothing personal against Green, he seems like a nice enough guy, but, just like you shouldn't take your Lambo in to a Jiffy Lube to get serviced, you shouldn't put the future of your NHL franchise in the hands of an AHL coach.  Maybe after the WD failure they should have realized that and not made the same mistake twice but that's water under the bridge now. Perhaps the best solution moving forward would be to demote him to assistant coach and bring in someone with some NHL head coach experience to mentor him.

yes you did say Green stifled jake's development 

7 hours ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Ha! Green deployed Jake all wrong. 4th line grinder minutes, no PP. Green finally smartened up and moved him up the lineup and onto the PP and look at him now. JV should have been on PP2 from Game 1 this season not from Game 43. If Green was a good coach he would have recognized that. If anything he's stifled JVs development. 

again Jake did not earn that spot  , you just don't hand a pp spot to a player that didn't earn it .,  Did you know Travis Green has played under some of the best coaches in the nhl , such as Al Arbour  ya that guy who won 4 Stanley Cups   played under Pat Quinn in Toronto. and Mike Sullivian  in Boston ,   Travis Green has been a great coach. the team never  quits  like it did under Willie D,and in the 3 year under Green  the team has improved every year..  With no higher draft pick than 5  the canucks have done more with less , is new jersey better than the canucks no  , is buffalo better ?  no  is Edmonton better with 2 of the top players in the league no , how well did the leafs do with babcock not so good and now with the new coach of the leafs  calling his team immature , lol   kinda makes you think green has been a pretty good coach  

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm liking the username that the OP has chosen....

My advice is look up the username "Clutch" for an example of how threads like this can come back and haunt someone....

I’d love it if i was wrong, sadly I don’t think I will be, check out my siggy, been sporting that since the day I joined and always swore I’d change it when I believed we’d win the cup.

11 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Actually, I'd like to amend my earlier post....

I think that when someone starts a stupid thread, it should cost them money....

It will if this thread is proven to be dumb, funny thing average iq is borderline retardation so just because I’m going against the flow doesn’t mean I’m not smart.

10 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

We're currently sitting atop a fairly tough division - not sure changes are necessary. 

Despite how we got there and if was pretty or not.  Matters little.

Hmmm, everything I heard, our division is extremely weak and we are one loss out of 6th place.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

8 hours ago, Glug Datt said:

I don't know much about coaches or coaching style..

in your opinion, can (or should) coaches learn/adapt/grow just like players? or by the time they reach the show thats as good as they get? 

Very good question, IMHO, yes they can but it’s extremely difficult as when you’re in charge it’s hard to admit weaknesses.i have not seen anything from Green to indicate he is learning or adapting, same systems, same decisions, same excuses.

• Wat 1

7 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Why not just donate all that money without conditions? Maybe all the money you spend on beer could instead make some real differences in people's lives. 

Someone already posted that,  my wife and I donate fairly generously to several charities including Canucks Place, although I truly think Green is wrong for us I started this thread for fun and if I have to cough up more money then pretty much everybody wins, is that so dumb?

I feel that he has been making some adjustments over the course of the season. It looks like he's finally has worked the roster around to find a good top 9.

Last 5 games we've been playing some great hockey.

Consistency has been the biggest issue though so we'll see if we can continue to string together more dominant play. That and the PP but i'd point the blame elsewhere for that.

6 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Very good question, IMHO, yes they can but it’s extremely difficult as when you’re in charge it’s hard to admit weaknesses.i have not seen anything from Green to indicate he is learning or adapting, same systems, same decisions, same excuses.

Thats so far from the truth

How can you not see the improvements?

Excuses mean nothing, they are pointless interviews after a game. Why do you keep basing your ideas on that? 
You have no clue the relationship of the players and the coach and what’s said in the room.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Thats so far from the truth

How can you not see the improvements?

Excuses mean nothing, they are pointless interviews after a game. Why do you keep basing your ideas on that? 
You have no clue the relationship of the players and the coach and what’s said in the room.

Don’t know what’s said in the dressing room, I just see the same mistakes being made over and over again, you may be ok with mediocrity but we have some pretty good talent and I feel we are underachieving. 

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Don’t know what’s said in the dressing room, I just see the same mistakes being made over and over again, you may be ok with mediocrity but we have some pretty good talent and I feel we are underachieving. 

This is insane.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

This is insane.

Maybe, but I am putting my money where my mouth is, eventually we will see who’s insane but it could be at the expense of a many more cupless years.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Maybe, but I am putting my money where my mouth is, eventually we will see who’s insane but it could be at the expense of a few more cupless years.

It’s probably would be anyways. We haven’t even made the playoffs in 5 years how do you expect anyone to take this years team to the cup. Most of them haven’t even been to the playoffs.

Why don’t they just trade away their prospects and picks too while they find a new coach.

This is the year everyone. We are winning the Cup! Just gotta find a new coach!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

It’s probably would be anyways. We haven’t even made the playoffs in 5 years how do you expect anyone to take this years team to the cup. Most of them haven’t even been to the playoffs.

Why don’t they just trade away their prospects and picks too while they find a new coach.

This is the year everyone. We are winning the Cup! Just gotta find a new coach!

Well, 40% of the teams that fired their coach mid season in the last ten years won the cup, regardless, read my original post, I said for all donations “under Green” that means I’ll donate next year, the year after or any year he’s our coach and actually accomplishes anything, I just don’t believe he will.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

13 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Well, 40% of the teams that fired their coach mid season in the last ten years won the cup, regardless, read my original post, I said for all donations “under Green” that means I’ll donate next year, the year after or any year he’s our coach and actually accomplishes anything, I just don’t believe he will.

Well start believing and cheer for your coach and team. 

51 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

First, yes it's dumb you have such a dislike for our coach who is so obviously doing well; and, second, it's dumb that you made a thread to tell people you donate money to CP and several others, as it now comes across as disingenuous when you voice it and then put conditions on donating more.

couldn't have said it better myself.

• Cheers 1