The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SEDIN WEEK

Rate this topic

redhdlois

I personally was never a fan of Kesler. Something about him always rubbed me the wrong way. That being said I would never boo him on such a night. Though if I'm actually being honest I'd probably never boo him. Just cause I didn't like him doesn't discredit all the great he did with the team. A night of celebration should never have boos (unless were talking about a certain hawk player. Then take your Kesler boos out on him :lol:

• Cheers 3

Got a Canucks newsletter-email stating the ceremony starts at 6:00 with puck drop at 7:30.  What are they going to do for an hour and a half?  That makes it 4 hours in our seat event.  That's a lot of expensive beer (mind you one is free). I'd like to know when the actual jersey retirement portion happens as I can watch the rest on you tube and I won't have to leave work at 3:00 in the afternoon - as I suspect it will be a lot of videos.   Anybody know when the actual jersey raising portion happens?

Edited by RU SERIOUS

46 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

wonder if the hawks will give them some type of gift

Probably a team signed pic of them raising the stanley cup haha 

But i remember the oilers gave the sedins expensive wine on thr last game. Im sure the leaders on the blackhawks will be giving them something.

Edited by captainhorvat

9 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I hope people who call themselves fans don’t boo Kesler. The butthurt contingent needs to get over what happened. He was a great Canuck. 

It's going to happen.

But, if they were smart, they will introduce him alongside Luongo, so that you can not differentiate the call.

Kes + Lu in a video spot, would prolly be PR fix of the decade in Vancouver anyways lol.

But, Luongo isn't going, that I know of.

Anyways, it's going to happen, so pucker up.

Good on Kelser coming though, showing up is 90% of the battle.

He's funny, and easy to make fun of, so I hope he can somehow win people over with his humor at some point.

Edited by xereau
  • Haha 1

No need to put on an ovation for Kesler. A lukewarm round of applause will do and then just be done with it. As others have pointed out it would be really disappointing if he’s booed. Pretty sure the Sedins and the current roster would feel the same. 

• Cheers 2

It is the Sedins night. The fact that so many of their team mates want to take part is a tribute to the Twins. Ryan Kesler wanting to be in Van is a huge tribute by him to the Twins. I was a huge Kesler and Burrows fan when they broke in as they played aggressive games that IMHO the Canucks were desperate for. I think fans should consider how much their play helped the Twins achieve the lofty goals they did. As our Canucks build towards another CUP shot I think part of the missing puzzle to date are the Kelser and Burrows 2023 versions. 

The Twins have offered many moments in their careers for us to reflect on what is important in life. Personal integrity, giving and service before self. Their sweaters being retired is a small tribute that we can enjoy with them.