The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Bruins @ Nucks - Feb 22 2020 - 7pm Pacific - HNIC EDITION

Rate this topic

xereau

5 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Louie is better defensively then Zack and kills penalties. 
i prefer Zack as a player but we are playing against the top line in all of hockey and a deadly power play. 

Yes that Bo, Pearson and Loui line got killed in their own zone against the Wild.

11 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

This game is massive, more than worth the 2 points. Boston coming off a big, exhausting come-from-behind win against Calgary and are at the end of a back-to-back, Canucks are well rested and hopefully well trained. We've got a chance to jump back to the top of the Pacific with a win, but it's more than just that.

The Canucks have played terribly the last 8 games, even (especially) in the wins. Our defence needs to tighten up and we need to crack strong defences and goalies offensively and maintain sustained offensive pressure on all 4 lines. The Bruins pose the best challenge of the league, and this is two teams currently with very different forms.

Lose in a close game and we maintain where we are at the moment.

Lose badly like we did last time and this team will be completely deflated.

Win in any way and this team will be boosted into another winning streak.

This young team feeds off good and bad energy very quickly, which is why this game could be pivotal for the games to come. Hope Green studied the Calgary game and gets the boys ready for this one. This game will all come down to coaching, special teams and goaltending.

Well said mate

23 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

I wonder what fans would appreciate more.

Losing , but not taking crap from the Bruins. This includes drawing a few retaliation penalties but standing up for your mates.

or Winning by scoring on the PP , and not retaliating to a cheap hit or 2

hmmm... should take a poll.

I'll take losing a close game and standing up to Boston and making them for any cheap shots. as the Nucks PP is not very good at the moment....

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’ll take option 1, Alex. But I’d rather they beat them on the ice and on the scoreboard. 

That's why Fantenberg is preferred over Benn with his push back when players take liberties.

We should can get more from Jake , Rouss and a few others tonight and hopefully that happens

4 minutes ago, the grinder said:

is that what I said   ? no   did I say anything about systems ?  no. have you actually heard travis green  say " I don't want you guys fighting": no    have there been fights since green has coached yes ., I merely said that coach green isn't on the ice  to go and fight . I have actually have  played the game there , coach  and  so has travis green  so I would take it then  , green knows more coaching than you and I combined  because he has actually played in the nhl   coached ahl and nhl ,   so  according to you   since your not an nhl player, you know jack about it too then . 

You need to improve your reading comprehension and overall knowledge of the game. A coach needs the balls to lead a tough responsive team vs a pansy let the refs and league protect us approach (like Green)

the standard “coach is on the ice” is what clueless non hockey people say 

in the future if you would like learn the nuances of the game feel free to pm me with questions and I will dummy things down for you 

• Huggy Bear 1

26 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Losing , but not taking crap from the Bruins. This includes drawing a few retaliation penalties but standing up for your mates.

Nobody in the right mind would take a loss to take a loss. Especially when your fighting to get into the playoffs.

Theres 2 options

Stand up for yourself/ team and win 

or win.

Ill take the first option myself. Losing is for losers 

8 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Yes that Bo, Pearson and Loui line got killed in their own zone against the Wild.

They did, but they’ve also played well together over the last 25 games 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

The Bruins are absolutely going to target our top guys.  They will have their lesser players taking runs at Petey and Hughes all game.  We should start the game with our guys (Jake and Bo) who are heavy and can really skate target the Bruins top guys: Bergeron and Pastrnak.  If we are coached to play passively again tonight, Green should get the axe. 

would love to see that but it ain't gonna happen.....and JB won't fire Green now....

5 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

That's why Fantenberg is preferred over Benn with his push back when players take liberties.

We should can get more from Jake , Rouss and a few others tonight and hopefully that happens

Myers has shown some. Looking forward to more from him. Some from Bo would be great, seeing as how he’s the captain and all. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

You need to improve your reading comprehension and overall knowledge of the game. A coach needs the balls to lead a tough responsive team vs a pansy let the refs and league protect us approach (like Green)

in the future if you would like learn the nuances of the game feel free to pm me with questions and I will dummy things down for 

Settle down Scotty Bowman, the arrogance is intoxicating! Just watch the game and enjoy our boys putting the Bruins into hibernation. Along with Travis Green whether you like it or not. He's our coach so tough.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Canucks are 23.3% on the PP that means at least 4 cheap hits per goal. If the goal won’t matter we better be getting payback, Greens other cheek must be getting pretty tired from all the turning it’s been doing.

5 minutes ago, ohmy said:

Settle down Scotty Bowman, the arrogance is intoxicating! Just watch the game and enjoy our boys putting the Bruins into hibernation. Along with Travis Green whether you like it or not. He's our coach so tough.

What we need is an arrogant, asshat for a coach.  

36 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

in the future if you would like learn the nuances of the game feel free to pm me with questions and I will dummy things down for you 

I understand the game quite well  , there champ , so I guess you cant comprehend the fact  , two points are more important  than taking  dumb penalties  all night and then giving up PP  for retaliating  , because that's the way it works   , you should know that since you play  right ?   staying disciplined right  ?  , initiate don't retaliate right  ,  basic hockey  right    so  your coach tells you go out and fight  or go head hunt player x?   who is your coach ernie   punch mclean ?   and   in future   don't say that pm me stuff it doesn't make you look good  , champ   

Edited by the grinder
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Canucks are 23.3% on the PP that means at least 4 cheap hits per goal. If the goal won’t matter we better be getting payback, Greens other cheek must be getting pretty tired from all the turning it’s been doing.

I’d much rather we initiate instead if retaliate.  Our passive system and coach’s turn the other cheek philosophy, unfortunately doesn’t encourage initiating.  

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Actually he’d be an ideal coach for this group.  I’m on the hire Babcock train though.  

Problem with Torts first time was he was the polar opposite of the way the Canucks and mainly the Sedins played, he was a bad fit, I suspect that still may hold true but our stars are young and could adapt.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

wow! this is a supposedly friendly forum. there is no need to put people down! but I will say you are getting quite tiresome  with your hatred of Green. try something positive for a change!

• Upvote 1