The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Bruins @ Nucks - Feb 22 2020 - 7pm Pacific - HNIC EDITION

Rate this topic

xereau

6 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

What does LE have to do with your opinion of Stech?

Are you getting day drunk too?

That's what happens when you butt in on a conversation there bud. I think your already drunk so you are getting a little delusional. Step away from the key board. :lol:

• Wat 1

5 minutes ago, gurn said:

If they were an improvement, they would already be playing for the Canucks. If they were even close to being as good as Stetcher they would be playing, as the Canucks could save over a million in cap space.

Probably why the same reasoning is made to have LE playing over MacEwen, or for anyone else for that matter. ::D

20 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Bo and TP took off when LE was put on their line.  He's been a catalyst, not a catastrophe 

Yeah OK bud I think they have been held scoreless for a few games now and LE can't even fill an empty net, but you keep on telling yourself that.:lol:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I am not sure where the Stetcher hate is coming from 

I see very issues few with his game ... and I am an expert 

Modesty is a virtue.   Stetcher is great  - but let's be honest he wouldn't be on half the teams rosters.  Our right side is far from perfect.  

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

I remember Smyl playing with heart as well as Tiger Williams. Same can be said for Jovo Cop. But there are others who had there moments but I wouldn't put those labels on them. Some guys just hate to lose no matter what and it shows EVERY MINUTE THEY ARE ON THE ICE.

ill bet ya every player hates to lose  , ya think ohlund and gradin liked losing ?   tiger sure he had  heart but he also had those nights off  , jovocop played hard but also took a few nights off  ,   Don't like swedish players or something ?  

3 minutes ago, the grinder said:

ill bet ya every player hates to lose  , ya think ohlund and gradin liked losing ?   tiger sure he had  heart but he also had those nights off  , jovocop played hard but also took a few nights off  ,   Don't like swedish players or something ?  

Ohlund had epic battles with THE premier power forward at the time (Iginla).  We sure could use a few girly-men like Ohlund on this team.  They didn’t call him the crazy Viking for nothing.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

That's what happens when you butt in on a conversation there bud. I think your already drunk so you are getting a little delusional. Step away from the key board. :lol:

You the MAN! Your my hero, i hope to be just like you when you grow up, BUD

Go Canucks go

1 minute ago, the grinder said:

No that's not it, loved plyers such as Lidstrom, Forsberg and Sundin. Petey is one of my favorites now. I like those players who have much more assets then just pure skill. These players can be nullified, especially in the playoffs.

Miller and Hughes right now are under pressure and are still excelling, that is not bred into every hockey player. Some players its just a job to them. 

24 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Probably why the same reasoning is made to have LE playing over MacEwen, or for anyone else for that matter. ::D

Are you comparing an over paid by $3.5 mill forward that has been scratched multiple times, with a defenseman making maybe $1 mill too much?

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Ohlund had epic battles with THE premier power forward at the time (Iginla).  We sure could use a few girly-men like Ohlund on this team.  They didn’t call him the crazy Viking for nothing.

you know it, even iggy said he hated playing against ohlund ,   and how many guys did he crunch coming down from the boards ,

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

Are you comparing an over paid by $3.5 mill forward that has been scratched multiple times, with a defenseman making maybe $1 mill too much?

What are you even talking about? I was talking about the coaches "questionable" line ups. I actually like Stech. Are you in the same bar as Ajax?:lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, the grinder said:

you know it, even iggy said he hated playing against ohlund ,   and how many guys did he crunch coming down from the boards ,

That's probably a penalty in today's game. As soon as that puck leaves the stick, it's "interference".

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

That's probably a penalty in today's game. As soon as that puck leaves the stick, it's "interference".

Really? Today’s game is officiated so inconsistently that on a Tuesday that’s a penalty, on a Wednesday it’s perfectly permissible, and on a Saturday it warrants a suspension from the Douchebags of Player Suffering. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Brisebois and Sautner both played well when they were up. At both over 6 ft, both are improvements over Stech. 

I would try to answer your other question but there is no valid reason for LE to go from the press box to the top 6 so you are going to have to go to TG for that one.::D

41 minutes ago, gurn said:

If they were an improvement, they would already be playing for the Canucks. If they were even close to being as good as Stetcher they would be playing, as the Canucks could save over a million in cap space.

34 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

10 minutes ago, gurn said:

5 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

What are you even talking about? I was talking about the coaches "questionable" line ups. I actually like Stech. Are you in the same bar as Ajax?:lol:

Haven't been to a bar in decades.