The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Ducks trade Nick Ritchie to Bruins for Danton Heinen

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Interesting swap of 24 year olds. 

Heinen actually has the superior scoring numbers (career 0.47 NHL points/game to Ritchie’s 0.38), plays a better two-way game, and is comfortable at all three forward positions.

Ritchie is obviously much bigger and he has the higher upside, in terms of raw talent.

Heinen has the better motor and skating, and, while certainly smaller than Ritchie, is still a respectable 6’1” and plays a plucky style with some fairly good grit and energy.

Both players signed through 2020-21 (RFA on expiry), with Ritchie (~1.5M) carrying roughly half the cap hit of Heinen (2.8M).

Harder to pick a winner here, than it might have seemed on first glance (with Ritchie’s name recognition and draft pedigree). 

Could be one of those deals where both teams actually end up winning.

That's a Bruins 6'1" - I believe he's actually closer to 5'10" or 5'11" at best... that said he is a good middle six player but I would rather have Ritchie in my middle six especially in the playoffs. He's a nuisance to play against. Although if Heinen thrives with more ice time on the Ducks that could change my perspective.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

That's a Bruins 6'1" - I believe he's actually closer to 5'10" or 5'11" at best... that said he is a good middle six player but I would rather have Ritchie in my middle six especially in the playoffs. He's a nuisance to play against. Although if Heinen thrives with more ice time on the Ducks that could change my perspective.

Does that mean Marchand is actually 5’6”? :lol:

• Haha 1

On 2/24/2020 at 11:38 AM, Vanuckles said:

He was 6 feet when he was drafted, hard to believe he shrank between 18 and 24

On 2/27/2020 at 11:30 AM, coryberg said:

He was 6 feet when he was drafted, hard to believe he shrank between 18 and 24

I don't know I could have sworn he was listed as 5'11" or something like that at one of the sites I checked and then I went on NHL.com (which gets their height and weight listing from the team's websites) and he was listed as 6'1" there. Who knows, who cares...

Wasn't Bieksa listed as like 6'2" 215 at one of the "tale of the tape" size comparisons in one of his fights at the Garden?

On 2/24/2020 at 10:36 AM, Trebreh said:

I would have loved Ritchie here... 

I hope we're in on Josh Anderson now.

He'd be my favourite power forward to go after in the whole league.  No way that Columbus lets him go though.  Cheers! 

On 2/24/2020 at 11:11 AM, DarkGhost said:

Well I can tell you that Danton’s family is happy with this trade! Having him on the West Coast means he’ll actually be coming to Van more than once or twice a year!

Lol his grandpa was my neighbour growing up...

It’s funny seeing the little kid that played street hockey in front of my house now a pretty darn good hockey player in the NHL! 

That's pretty neat, which part of BC is he/are you from? 

On 2/24/2020 at 3:00 PM, Vanuckles said:

Not 100% sure but I believe 5'9" is actually an overestimate :lol:

Definitely an overestimate, he’s like 5’7 if you ever see him walking around Boston. Same with Gaudreau, he’s only 5’9 with skates on. 

• Cheers 1

On 3/2/2020 at 6:19 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

He'd be my favourite power forward to go after in the whole league.  No way that Columbus lets him go though.  Cheers! 

They could, tough contract negotiations last time around, only 1 yr away from UFA status. Might not want to sign long term so could be 1 and done. Could see a swap of Jake plus maybe?