The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Wild trade Zach Parise to Islanders

8 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

It's not confirmed yet. In theory how much would you add to send Eriksson to MIN for Suter? Same concept. 

I'd rather have Suter on my bottom pairing than Eriksson on my top line. With that being said, Suter is still considerably more valuable right now.

6 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

NHL HQ will merely find some excuse to lessen the penalty...mark my words.  

No excuse will be required because Parise has a legit injury history, so will finish his career on LTIR no problem. You have to remember Luongo could have easily gone the LTIR way too, but the panthers asked him to retire instead because they preferred that for cap reasons. 

Oh, but one caveat is like the canucks the wild will be hit the hardest by cap recapture and not the Isles, so it'll depend on what big Lou tells Parise to do.

Edited by FireGillis
  • Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Guerin for GM of the year for trading that albatross of a contract

Talks started last year under Fenton.  Parise had expressed concerns about the Wild rebuilding and not being sure if he was up to it.  

Edited by mll

11 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I'd rather have Suter on my bottom pairing than Eriksson on my top line. With that being said, Suter is still considerably more valuable right now.

Suter is still a top pairing D.  Still averages the most minutes of any D on the Wild and is up to 41pts on the season - 0.67 pace.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1