The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens | Feb. 25, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Yea... madden was out performing boeser, leivo and ferland at the nhl level

Oh and miller petey horvat Pearson gaudette and virtanen....

3 games played with the Canucks 3G 2A for 5 pts and +3

3 & 0 with Toffoli.... 

How's Madden contributing in L.A.?

How's Schaller performing in L.A.? Oh he was waived? Awww

Hows that 2nd rounder developed so far ?

Oh wait..

That's not the &^@#ing issue and you know it. 

• Wat 2

3 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

How old are you? I know any of us that were watching hockey in the 70's had many friends who were habs fans!! They were on tv so much... my brother was one as well... ugh!

Yup .. i am an old fart.   My idiot older brother went Leafs.. 

Dumbass.    At least i had taste and went Habs....

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Same 5 softball questions anyway ...

How do you feel getting the game winner?

What's it like coming from LA to make a difference?

What's it like to be in the playoff hunt?

How have you adapted to this system?

And the obligatory mainstream bro question ... 

Have the guys accepted you yet or are they still giving you s hard time?

Poor guy, no one's told MacIntyre yet why it burns when he pees.

Edited by xereau
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, GhostsOf1994 said:

Not trying to richardish 

What's the issue you have with the toffoli acquisition?

Never &^@#ing mind. Literally just said I'm not a fan of the trade because of the assets we gave up but still liked the player and what he's contributing and I get &^@#ing piled on. To hell with it. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, KKnight said:

If only we got a crease clearing rugged dman. Maybe Tram?? 

Let’s be realistic. Tryamkin may not be an NHL defenceman, but he may be. We won’t know until we see how he adjusts to the NHL after three average seasons in the KHL, a league not on par with the NHL. Besides that, let’s say he becomes available in late March when the team is in a high stakes chase for the playoffs. Do you really want to bring in somebody as a project who hasn’t been here all season and has zero chemistry with anybody? And on top of that, there’s no evidence that his English skills are any better than they were when he left. And do you sit Stecher, who delivers 12-15 solid minutes a night and bleeds blue and green?

Honestly, I just don’t get all this Tryamkin adoration. There is zero evidence he is ready to step in and play at NHL calibre level. Mere gigantism is no guarantee of hockey skill. If he’s coming over early, he’ll need time to adjust to EVERYTHING. He should be targeting training camp to try and earn a job. If he shows he’s earned it, excellent. If not, buh-bye.

• Wat 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

That's not the &^@#ing issue and you know it. 

I KNOW! It’s all about those futures, why can’t he see that? We should be wasting away our young talent by banking on the development of future assets instead of using them to bring in talent for support. SMH why can’t he see that’s how successful teams do it. 

• Wat 1

Never &^@#ing mind. Literally just said I'm not a fan of the trade because of the assets we gave up but still liked the player and what he's contributing and I get &^@#ing piled on. To hell with it. 

Wasn't really a trade...  More like an expensive Rental..

But JC what a great rental.....

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Same 5 softball questions anyway ...

How do you feel getting the game winner?

What's it like coming from LA to make a difference?

What's it like to be in the playoff hunt?

How have you adapted to this system?

And the obligatory mainstream bro question ... 

Have the guys accepted you yet or are they still giving you s hard time?

Saturday nights Fury/ Wilder fight the post match questions from the journalists were as clear and in volume as Fury's replies. It was amazing to just sit and listen with out being frustrated with the crap we have going on here. Disgusting and unacceptable the NHL in 2020!

Sorry man! 

We've all been there getting piled on.

I'd offer to buy you a beer but i don't wanna know how you met my mother:P

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yup .. i am an old fart.   My idiot older brother went Leafs.. 

Dumbass.    At least i had taste and went Habs....

My first hockey watching experience was 1971..... that's when i realized that my older brother was a loser as he was cheering for the Habs over Chicago in the finals. That  Dryden character sure made me mad!!! lol   soon after i hopped on the Paul Henderson/Maple Laffs bandwagon :)

49 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

I guess you don't like making the playoffs then.

Could you imagine Gaudette, Macewan and Bailey out there hanging on to the lead or scrambling for a tie with a minute left in the game?

Sutter and Beagle and even Louie are our primary penalty killers.

Just nuts when I read posts like this. Yeah these guys are cap challenging but we would be in a black hole without the core leaders on this team.

ya sutter and beagle are playing on our 4th line and its constantly getting hemmed in their own zone and we are getting out shot every game and we are getting manhandled younsters are keeping the offense going hughes petey miller toffoli virtanen gaudette all contributing  feel like alot of the vets arent earning their pay besause they cant keep up

• Upvote 1

Just now, WolfxHaley said:

I KNOW! It’s all about those futures, why can’t he see that? We should be wasting away our young talent by banking on the development of future assets instead of using them to bring in talent for support. SMH why can’t he see that’s how successful teams do it. 

"wasting away" 

ok

• Wat 1