The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Mar. 01, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

58 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

So in a Attempt to defend the lead we sit down Hughes and play the fourth line 

hiw did that work for you Green ? 

J-Pat, is that you? You tried to get an answer here? 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

No coach worth their salt singles out players in the press. Come on bud. 

That’s only been hockey since day 1 

guys don’t perform, they sit 

That’s  accountability 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, samurai said:

the penalties came from panicking.  Did you fail to notice that after the second goal the team just started lose its structure.  I sure did.  Perhaps I am a hockey jedi master or something.  Once the third goal was scored we were for some reason in total hang on mode.  And that penalty made it clear what was on the cards.   Coaches are not on the ice but when the team starts panicking the coach needs to intervene.  

Maybe the coaches were in panic mode as well.

• Cheers 1

This was a road trip where 5 points was probably a very reasonable expectation, and anything less probably a loss...

Instead some poor effort, and AHL level goaltending especially costs is 4-6 points on this trip.  Hell , we're lucky Price played as poor as our goaltending or we could have come away with nothing 

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

No but who holds those players accountable? He doesn't bench them, he doesn't even mention them in post game. Our veterens need to be better. So they don't worry about their jobs or not playing because he hasn't given them any reason to. That is on the coach. Veterens for some reason on this team are protected.

Of course he's holding them accountable. Just because he didn't rip his players in front of a 5 minute media session he isn't?

The Canucks have so many coaches that have every clip from the games. They are with the players everyday finding what they did wrong and how to improve them. It's the same with every job. A good boss doesn't try to embarrass you in front of everyone, they work with you behind the scenes to help improve you.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Of course he's holding them accountable. Just because he didn't rip his players in front of a 5 minute media session he isn't?

The Canucks have so many coaches that have every clip from the games. They are with the players everyday finding what they did wrong and how to improve them. It's the same with every job. A good boss doesn't try to embarrass you in front of everyone, they work with you behind the scenes to help improve you.

I mean in game , it sure looks like he doesn't. When has he ever benched a veteran for making a stupid, costly mistake?

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Green is probably gone this year if we miss the playoffs whether I like it or not.  He's staying for the rest of this season whether you like it or not.  We're both going to have to live with it either way.

I agree he will be gone but our trajectory right now is not making the playoffs 

why not do it now? And just maybe we can That  “new Coach” push ? 

12 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Well put it this way, you being a Jake  lover, are you happy with how our great coach has managed your loved one?  

neither am I 

You can call out Green for plenty of things, but his handling of Jake isn’t one of them. He has forged him into an NHL player who is becoming a bigger and bigger part of this team. Jake is a player he does hold accountable. Wish he treated some of the veterans the same way, but that bias isn’t uncommon in NHL coaches.

If they do fall out of the playoffs I suspect the coaching staff will be gone after this year. All the complaining in the world isn’t going to make that happen sooner. 

I still feel they can turn this around. They are a much better home team than they are on the road and it only takes a win or two to swing momentum around. 

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

image.thumb.png.481d2a398993ba54f45eb5a22dd563db.png

I guess that makes sense, they had a 8 game win streak around that time an they had to cast votes that don’t mean a thing. Sadly an average team should have a 8 game win streak every year and a half, they were overdue. Final results are where it’s at so we will see.

I guess what bothers me most is that, he is also trying to control the media from asking questions when he should really be worrying about his team winning the next game. I just question if he is the right fit long term but I am not the one making that decision. If things continue, Benning might not either.

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I don't know what he's doing behind closed doors, and neither do you.

I meant in game. Of course  I really don't know anything about what goes on behind closed doors but we all see that he never benches the older players. He easily benches the younger players when they make mistakes. Doesn't seem right.

2 minutes ago, Butters Stoch said:

LOL a week ago we were talking about who we were gonna face in the playoffs, now we're hanging on to a playoff spot by a thread. Just goes to show that no lead, whether in the standings or in a game, is ever safe with this team coach.

Fixed it for you.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1