The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Mar. 01, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I talked sh*t about Myers a few weeks ago and got suspended I recommend that you are careful of your words

That said I completely agree with you Myers Sucks

I said it before and I will say it again. Myers will be the whippy boy within 2years. Jets fans on hf boards were happy he left. 

Tanev can go. Good guy but offers nothing offensively with that said him, Edler and Hughes only ones who can somewhat defend nhl players. 

Benn is yikes

Just now, NaveJoseph said:

Hughes didn't play much in the end cause we were killing penalties. I don't think Sutter's was that bad, he was just caught in an awkward position. Our PK was horrible, and a lot of that is on the goalie. Domingue is not our saviour.

No Sutter knew what he was doing 

Garrett called it like it was 

1 minute ago, rychicken said:

I agree with the second sentence...but we will agree to disagree on the first. I may be a bit biased against JPat because I find the 1040 station as a whole tries to be too antagonistic towards the team since they lost the broadcast rights. I used to listen all day at work, etc....but in the past few years, I only listen on the drive home to hear Ferraro and/or other guests, then flip over to music.

People hate JPat for the same reason they hated Botch. Botch passed away and the same people who said horrible things about him came out and said how good he was in retrospect.

I love the Canucks and have been watching since I was a kid, but I have to criticize the team when they deserve it. I'm not just going to sit in a burning house and exclaim how wonderful the drapes are.

If I didn't care I would criticize or get upset, guys like JPat at least give a direct voice to a disgruntled fan base and now Green doesn't want to answer his questions which means he doesn't want to answer fan questions. Green is showing some low character not JPat.

• Like 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Fantenberg was actually really solid paired with Stech.

Fantenberg is a number 7 at best he has played to many games in a row IMO 

Honestly that #6 guy needs to bring some weight to the game otherwise what does he really do

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

I don't think we give Marky 7 personally. I think security is more important for him. 

Get rid of Sutter/Baer that's 8 million right there. They're the easiest to get rid of this they are 1 year deals. Benn is on a cheap 1 year deal so that'd be 10M.

If Eriksson retired it would solve a looooooot of issues. IDK if he does but he should.

Probably tradeable to a cheap team like Florida or Ottawa after his bonus kicks in, with salary retained.

1 minute ago, milk and honey said:

I said it before and I will say it again. Myers will be the whippy boy within 2years. Jets fans on hf boards were happy he left. 

Tanev can go. Good guy but offers nothing offensively with that said him, Edler and Hughes only ones who can somewhat defend nhl players. 

Benn is yikes

Your not watching Tanev very well then

His first pass out of the Zone is high quality and 2nd only to Hughes

Benn needs the right defensive structure to allow him to throw his weight around, but the Canucks don't play that structure

15 minutes ago, on the cycle said:

Except it wasn't the young guns losing it late it was the Veterans. Sutter and Roussell taking penalties late and Hughes only played one shift in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd and that was after the 4-3 goal.

Great point.

Some of the guys this regime targeted to be the insulation for the young players are now the ones coming up short (and taking up the cap space we need).

13 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Keep 'er steady boys.

Crappy game. Put it to rest and move on.

Getting to do or die time now though. Since that Anaheim game we've only gotten 5 of a potential 14 points. 

Gunna have to go 3 for 4 on this homestand IMO. This homestand could decide the season. 

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He has grown as a coach the team has to catch up now. As well as some of the fanbase evidently. 

And passive aggressive like name dropping me but being to chicken to quote and tag me? 

I've quoted you repeatedly to dialogue with you.  I'm of the opinion green isn't the answer going forward. I also think it's useful to call him out for questionable coaching decisions throughout the year.  You have said you think he may well  be fired in the Summer.  But you don think fans should question him during the season for some reason?  I don't agree with you.  

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Fantenberg is a number 7 at best he has played to many games in a row IMO 

Honestly that #6 guy needs to bring some weight to the game otherwise what does he really do

I prefer that type of player too; Bortuzzo is basically the model bottom pairing guy in my books.  Fanta has been pretty good so far this year.  As long as the 6th guy is solid in his own end and can be trusted to not cost the team the game, that's good enough.

Just now, King Heffy said:

Probably tradeable to a cheap team like Florida or Ottawa after his bonus kicks in, with salary retained.

Maybe. We'd have to give up more assets for Eriksson than Baer/Sutter/Benn.

If we managed to get rid of all of them we could re-sign everyone and bring in more pieces in FA like a bottom 6 D that can throw his weight around or bottom 6 forwards that do.

JB's gonna have his hands full this off-season.

Also we gotta take in consideration to what Ferland does. If he retires due to injury that's another 3.5

4 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

Benn is yikes

HF BOARDS LOL!  Myers played a good game tonight 

• Like 1

Just now, fanfor42 said:

I've quoted you repeatedly to dialogue with you.  I'm of the opinion green isn't the answer going forward. I also think it's useful to call him out for questionable coaching decisions throughout the year.  You have said you think he may well  be fired in the Summer.  But you don think fans should question him during the season for some reason?  I don't agree with you.  

Good for you, and I have the right to call out and react to other people's opinions so maybe get over it and mind your own business wadr