The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Mar. 01, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

50 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

It’s possible but if that were the care why not move him in now to get to know the team?

thats  what we need to do 

or get Babs 

Perhaps Gallant wants a bit of a break. Then Yzerman can bring him in ahead of the draft and he gets to run training camp next year and have input into roster decisions.

1 minute ago, VforVirtanen said:

I forgot one positive:

- this PGT was so over the top even compared to normal that it was almost therapeutic. Hard to stay mad at the team when you see the sheer madness of our fan base after a loss like this. Lots of great memes and over the top reactions actually made me feel better. Great work on the first 10 or 20 pages everyone!

I hope I made the list, I try hard.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

As I said to Bad Alice. Last 7 games; only 5 of a potential 14 points.

Even the 7 prior; 7 of 14 points. 0.500 hockey. Since the beginning of Feb our record: 5-7-2. Below 0.500. 

Before 0.500 was fine because we had a pts lead, but once you start slipping the outlook changes fast.

We still have some games in hand on Calgary, but we gotta make those count. CGY's been a bit better than us of late. 

Same record as November.

7 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Wow, that’s what you’re picking on? Irregardless:

Is it correct to say irregardless?
Irregardless is a nonstandard synonym for regardless, which means “without concern as to advice, warning, or hardship,” or “heedless.” Its nonstandard status is due to the double negative construction of the prefix ir- with the suffix -less. ... The bottom line is that irregardless is indeed a word, albeit a clunky one.

Not clunky incorrect 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Beagle, Edler and Eriksson are our only old players. Like I said in the post context matters. Continuously using them as a crutch that were an older team than we are is disingenuous at best.  

Then use the number of players under 24,

The new prime for players in the new NHL is 28 yrs old for the average player, 9 players 30+ is alot of players, 3 players under 24. is not many 9 out of 20 is a lot, personally I don't think 30 is all that old but the league does.

They get to come home, get comforted and have a practice or two. Next game vs the Yotes.

Edited by Lazurus
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Irregardless is a nonstandard synonym for regardless, which means “without concern as to advice, warning, or hardship,” or “heedless.” Its nonstandard status is due to the double negative construction of the prefix ir- with the suffix -less. ... The bottom line is that irregardless is indeed a word, albeit a clunky one.

though your hibernating until Tuesday.

11 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

our coaches and Jim Benning got early extensions when it wasn't deserved.  Unreal.  at least wait til the end of the season before handing out extentions like this to our coaching staff.

Jim Benning has done an amazing job though!    I’m all for this big lug!   He made this team and this core.   Look at our prospects.

how in the $&!# did brown and the other crack heads get an extension is beyond me!

3 minutes ago, samurai said:

Not clunky incorrect 

If you roll your eyes dramatically when you hear someone saying “irregardless,” you aren’t alone. We’ve all been taught to never, ever let that word slip out of our mouths—the correct term would be “regardless.” But we have some earth-shattering news for grammar nerds. Even though 74 percent of respondents in a Grammarly poll were convinced “irregardless” is not a word, it actually does show up in the dictionary.

11 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Perhaps Gallant wants a bit of a break. Then Yzerman can bring him in ahead of the draft and he gets to run training camp next year and have input into roster decisions.

Detroit is a logical landing spot 

hopefully JB can change his mind 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I still don't believe it....

But I've had a few drinks so I'll just pretend I didn't read that and continue to frown every time I hear that word.

• Cheers 4