The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Werewolf! The Awakening (Game Over - Town Wins)

Rate this topic

Ceres

3 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Pretty much everyone here, me included (and you excluded) are incapable of so drastically shifting their tone, suddenly feeling more comfortable as scum, etc between a single game, yes.

If Z randed scum this game he would sit back more, try to be more serious, something like that to look different. He wouldn't try to adopt the exact same persona and suddenly nail it where he didn't before.

Dude, didn't you just say that locking into mind sets re: game is a bad idea? You seem to be doing the same thing, but with meta reads

4 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Every game is exactly the same if you rand town or wolf? Players will always play either a carefree relaxed game as town or as terrible as fetch’s scum game was last time? 

There is no chance I your mind MR that fetch is scum, just to be clear?

You're creating false dichotomies and I don't know why.

Zfetch is >95% town. Of course I leave a sliver of room to be wrong, but right now I do not contemplate a world where he is scum.

3 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

But it's hard to see his post as anything other than special hunting

So what?

If I'm scum, I don't ever post anything that looks like special hunting because I'm hyper aware of the content of my posts. If I'm town, I post what comes to mind and may end up accidentally doing it.

Most scum are caught because of inconsistencies or vote patterns, not anti-town content in their posts.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Pretty much everyone here, me included (and you excluded) are incapable of so drastically shifting their tone, suddenly feeling more comfortable as scum, etc between a single game, yes.

If Z randed scum this game he would sit back more, try to be more serious, something like that to look different. He wouldn't try to adopt the exact same persona and suddenly nail it where he didn't before.

So I have some amazing ability no one else has in this game is what you’re saying?

I think you overestimate my ability and drastically underestimate your own and everyone else here for that matter. 

I have played worse scum games than Zfetchs last one and I have played brilliant games. For me it’s not an ability it’s how dedicated I am willing to be to that particular game. Time consideration, who I am on a team with, how determined are they? 

Each game is different and comes with a different dynamic, meta is useful in the context of tendencies but for you to be so decisive especially after fetch’s scum hunting post tells me that either you are slipping in your ability to find evidence pointing to scum or you know fetch is town because you’re not.

2 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

So what?

If I'm scum, I don't ever post anything that looks like special hunting because I'm hyper aware of the content of my posts. If I'm town, I post what comes to mind and may end up accidentally doing it.

Most scum are caught because of inconsistencies or vote patterns, not anti-town content in their posts.

I can see this point of view, even if I'm not totally convinced by it.

Just now, Aladeen said:

So I have some amazing ability no one else has in this game is what you’re saying?

I think you overestimate my ability and drastically underestimate your own and everyone else here for that matter. 

I have played worse scum games than Zfetchs last one and I have played brilliant games. For me it’s not an ability it’s how dedicated I am willing to be to that particular game. Time consideration, who I am on a team with, how determined are they? 

Each game is different and comes with a different dynamic, meta is useful in the context of tendencies but for you to be so decisive especially after fetch’s scum hunting post tells me that either you are slipping in your ability to find evidence pointing to scum or you know fetch is town because you’re not.

Your counterargument is valid enough, albeit it's all subjective isn't it.

Do you think Zfetch wasn't dedicated last game? Do you think he saw his partners (Kurisu and NIK) and threw it in? I don't. I think he tried, at least at first. I could see the earnestness in his posts. He might have become deflated later, but in R1 last game he was doing his best to stay with Lucky and BJ as they controlled the flow of the game. So I accept your argument, but I don't think it applies here.

The other option for why I am so decisive is because I'm right and I feel confident about it.

2 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Your counterargument is valid enough, albeit it's all subjective isn't it.

Do you think Zfetch wasn't dedicated last game? Do you think he saw his partners (Kurisu and NIK) and threw it in? I don't. I think he tried, at least at first. I could see the earnestness in his posts. He might have become deflated later, but in R1 last game he was doing his best to stay with Lucky and BJ as they controlled the flow of the game. So I accept your argument, but I don't think it applies here.

The other option for why I am so decisive is because I'm right and I feel confident about it.

Ok I will leave it there for now since I actually still am working, but in my experience only scum deal in absolutes without investigations.

Even as sure as I was in fetch's games with my reads, doubt always came into my mind, and that is evidenced at my last minute vote switching. As town I am never sure, so from my POV it isn't a townie trait being so confident in one's reads, especially when town reading. 

9 hours ago, hoggers said:

when i feel like it maybe :bored:

Still waiting....

9 hours ago, hoggers said:

just stay outta my way, kid.

Lol, ‘kid’. You’re fun. I’m going to enjoy playing with you. You’ll be my new Ceres. 

9 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

Hoggers the new Ceres.

SS is good at making friends.

Always have been. Always will be. B)

5 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

Oh, also:

SS is slipping back towards his scum game attitude. But we've yet to see him in a VT role I guess.

Nah. I was rusty in my first game back but I’m pretty much up to speed again. 

4 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

It comes across as special hunting just a touch 

@Sharpshooter see this part? Where I quoted BJ, and NIK had just been recently talking about BJ's JOAT hardclaim? This is where I'm talking about BJ. Everybody but you seemed to understand this.

I’ve posted our entire back and forth. We were talking about Jazz, clearly, and not BJ. 

4 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

What did I accuse Jazz of?

Man, go back and reread the convo. If you changed your mind then say so. If you haven’t then explain why. 

1 hour ago, Zfetch said:

Probably.

He's definitely evolved from that first game back. I'd say he's been town-like so far.

Indeed!

image.gif.a5b5f16cdc964577ee7b29a2d20f961f.gif

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Hogs is actually giving me tp vibes.

The last two times he played with us I criticized his game as being too passive and meek. "Meek hogs = scum hogs", and I was right both times. His voice, assertiveness and confidence is what I always look for. 

SS is the most sketchy. A carbon copy of scum SS from two games ago.

Then your reads are way off. If anything I’ve been pressing players on their thoughts and reads much like last game when I was town. So my abrasiveness doesn’t supersede my wolf hunting. It compliments it if anything. 

Day 1 VC (34 hours until EoD)

Aladeen (2) - jazz, Zfetch

Luckylager (2) - falcon, BJ

hoggers (1) - Kurisu

naslund (1) - AV

Sharpshooter (1) - hoggers

Zfetch (1) - Aladeen

Not voting (7) - toews, lucky, WW, SS, naslund, TL, MR

4 minutes ago, Ceres said:

Day 1 VC (34 hours until EoD)

hoggers (1) - Kurisu

naslund (1) - AV

Zfetch (1) - Aladeen

Not voting (7) - toews, lucky, WW, SS, naslund, TL, MR

I'm sure Zfetch would like to know whether this was done by hand or by poll. 

Also, as people die (are eaten?, bitten?, shredded?) will you be removing the people from the poll to keep it condensed?

5 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I'm sure Zfetch would like to know whether this was done by hand or by poll. 

Also, as people die (are eaten?, bitten?, shredded?) will you be removing the people from the poll to keep it condensed?

I use the poll and then make adjustments based on any discrepancies I've noticed while reading the thread.

Yes, every round there will be a new poll.

Day 1 VC (34 hours until EoD) - Updated

hoggers (1) - Kurisu

Kurisu (1) - lucky

naslund (1) - AV

Zfetch (1) - Aladeen

Not voting (6) - toews,  WW, SS, naslund, TL, MR

This should be accurate. If your vote is not the same here as it is in the poll please fix that.