The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Pentagon Officially Releases UFO Videos

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

Time travellers from Earth's future......ever heard of string theory?

Time travelers or aliens... Whichever, it sure would be nice if they helped out with this whole pandemic thing :lol:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Wouldn't be so quick to claim UFO.  These 'leaked' videos actually demonstrate how advanced US tracking is.

Well, they are 'unidentified' and there are far more experiences by the pilots than just the footage.

I don't want to watch a vid, can you give the coles notes?

Do they point out the new sensor tech? or are they going on the theory that it is a jet or exhaust far off in the distance?

One thing to keep in mind is that pilots are trained observers and there are hundreds that claim these events. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Well, they are 'unidentified' and there are far more experiences by the pilots than just the footage.

Do they point out the new sensor tech? or are they going on the theory that it is a jet or exhaust far off in the distance?

One thing to keep in mind is that pilots are trained observers and their are hundreds that claim these events. 

It's a bird.  The numbers on the source video give altitude, field of view, etc.  The jet was at 25,000 feet.  The field of view of the surface is approximately 200 metres.  The object at most is about 1 to 2 metres at about 8000 feet.  In some of the frames you can even make out wings.  The infrared indicates that it isn't much difference in temperature than the background.  At the altitude the bird is at, the feathers should be cool due to the temperature of the air at that level.

It's the ability for a plane at 25000 feet to track a small object whose temperature is slightly different than the background.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

One thing to keep in mind is that pilots are trained observers and their are hundreds that claim these events. 

you are relying on a stranger's interpretation instead of looking at it? why?

Anyways, its funny that people want it to be aliens so bad that they forget that drones are everywhere now.

3 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

It's a bird.  The numbers on the source video give altitude, field of view, etc.  The jet was at 25,000 feet.  The field of view of the surface is approximately 200 metres.  The object at most is about 1 to 2 metres at about 8000 feet.  In some of the frames you can even make out wings.  The infrared indicates that it isn't much difference in temperature than the background.  At the altitude the bird is at, the feathers should be cool due to the temperature of the air at that level.

It's the ability for a plane at 25000 feet to track a small object whose temperature is slightly different than the background.

I might watch later.

Have you seen any of the pilot interviews? They experienced these things many times in different parts of the world. They even had one buzz them between two planes, which made the frustrated pilots fill out safety reports. 

I thought there was lots of movement that was faster and more precise than the jets chasing the tictac? quite the bird. It's been a while, I'll watch again. thanks for posting.

7 minutes ago, butters said:

you are relying on a stranger's interpretation instead of looking at it? why?

Anyways, its funny that people want it to be aliens so bad that they forget that drones are everywhere now.

I've looked at it tons of times.

When did I say it was aliens?

Could be a super drone. Doubt it is home made.

• Like 1

Just now, butters said:

the aliens comment was not directed at you

Oh ok.

But be sure I have been aware of this for years.

The navy came out saying that that it should never have been released. Pentagon and Navy use the term UFO, not birds. Why is that? just to cover for faulty tech? and remember there is a lot of pilots that will now talk about seeing these things multiple times. 

26 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Coles notes: It was a bird in 1 of the 3 videos released.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, butters said:

So you are saying that if we disregard everything we know, it could be anything ;)

Anyone who thinks its aliens has to be able to say why aliens rather than than good ol home built drones.

Actually, what I’m stating is that the physics/propulsion that we may be thinking about but can’t seem to engineer, understand fully, unify with our current understanding, would be possible for those who were more advanced. Also, the who may not even be biological which would allow themselves to be subjected to more fantastic manoeuvres than our current bodies could bear. 

• Cheers 1

We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity.
Ben Rich CEO Lockheed Skunk Works
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DJSkingz said:

Coles notes: It was a bird in 1 of the 3 videos released.

Thanks, There is a lot of analysis out there that talk about the abilities of the objects including speed, and lift etc that is far beyond known aircraft abilities.

Japan is taking the birds seriously https://www.dnaindia.com/world/report-japan-s-defense-ministry-to-ramp-up-ufo-encounter-protocols-after-pentagon-releases-footage-2823553

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Someone mentioned string theory which includes what? 11 dimensions?

Some of the smartest folk on the planet have developed quantum computing that works, without fully understanding how... things like superposition and entanglement. (btw, quantum entanglement to me is straight up magic, forget about ufo birds)

Yea, I think it is time for us as a species to admit that we dont know squat yet. Lots still to discover, unfortunately we will destroy ourselves first. 

It’s true. There are so many areas where we are simply stumbling in the dark as a species, when it comes to the physics of quantum entanglement, string theory, etc. 

But, some of the our greatest attributes as a species are the abilities to observe, learn, imagine and innovate. That gives me hope that our species will be fine and continue to progress in science and society. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

It’s true. There are so many areas where we are simply stumbling in the dark as a species, when it comes to the physics of quantum entanglement, string theory, etc. 

But, some of the our greatest attributes as a species are the abilities to observe, learn, imagine and innovate. That gives me hope that our species will be fine and continue to progress in science and society. 

I like your optimism and I agree that we are an impressive species. However, I also think we are only as strong as our weakest link. My comment 'destroy ourselves first' was in context to space exploration and discoveries. I think Brian Cox had a piece regarding that we would likely go extinct before we go intergalactic. 

With the state of the world, the environment, the corruption in power, the remaining masses that still believe and die for sky fairies.....well, you know..I think the doomsday clock is ticking.

• Cheers 3

34 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I like your optimism and I agree that we are an impressive species. However, I also think we are only as strong as our weakest link. My comment 'destroy ourselves first' was in context to space exploration and discoveries. I think Brian Cox had a piece regarding that we would likely go extinct before we go intergalactic. 

With the state of the world, the environment, the corruption in power, the remaining masses that still believe and die for sky fairies.....well, you know..I think the doomsday clock is ticking.

Completely agree with your theory that we will kill ourselves off. Doesn't matter how many great minds our species has so long as the corrupt control the world. Greed and pride will be humanity's downfall.

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, DJSkingz said:

Completely agree with your theory that we will kill ourselves off. Doesn't matter how many great minds our species has so long as the corrupt control the world. Greed and pride will be humanity's downfall.

Life is not an easy matter... You cannot live through it without falling into frustration and cynicism unless you have before you a great idea which raises you above personal misery, above weakness, above all kinds of perfidy and baseness.

-Leon Trotsky

• Cheers 1

Look at the vast size of things. Mathematically, I’d say it’s impossible for intelligent life to not be out there somewhere. That being said, you look at the nearest 50 solar systems towards us, they’re within 16 light years to us. Which is still a crazy amount of distance and it would take a crazy amount of coincidence for one of them to contain life that is capable of advanced space travel. The nearest galaxy to us is what, 2.5MILLION light years away? 

Another issue of chance, is that 2 of these civilizations of advanced beings would have to exist at the same time in the universe. 

In reality, I’d have to say that the chance of two advanced civilizations ever interacting with eachother in any form is minimal like .00000000000000000001% of a chance. 

But who knows maybe there’s other dimensions that we can’t even comprehend exist (I know... I’m channeling my inner Rick & Morty).

That being said, I would think this is some kind of advanced earth technology that maybe 70 years from now will be commonly known amongst the general population .

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

There are a few results which show optical illusion, birds, exhaust etc, but what I can't get past is that we have trained pilots which recount much more of the the situation than just the video clips and we also have the pentagon which would easily attach themselves to that message if it was even 80% true.  The fact that they came out and said, "dunno what that is" speaks volumes on the results.  Plus they had 16 years in some of the cases to conclude that.  Seems a bit suspect that they didn't come to the same conclusion in that case.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru