The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Capitals: Brendan Leipsic's Instagram messages are 'unacceptable and offensive'

Rate this topic

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

You mean someone who saw it was wrong and could be damaging if left unchecked?  Who had the guts to expose it?  

Nope.  You are wrong here.  Private group chats online are not ok to be used to spread hate (along with pictures of wives and children that are maliciously done).  And that's what that crap was.

Done...it's a beautiful, sunny day.  Wish you all well.

To spread hate? What do you think the hacker is doing here?

Brendan wasn't trying to spread hate, he made terrible comments to his friends and it should stop there. This is spreading far more hate now that he's been "exposed" ... you've got 100s of thousands of hockey fans fuming and they will reflect this hatred on to their lives and make the world a worse place as a result.

The hacker or the friend needs to be locked up. They are the one spreading all this negative energy and getting people angry... 1 person angry, they'll vent and keep spreading the negative energy.

God bless. Focus on positives. I'm done paying attention to high school gossip. I've already had enough.

There's far too much good in this planet for me to focus on some random guy talking to his buddies in a PRIVATE group chat

2 minutes ago, apollo said:

You want someone to do it to you?

No, I don't want someone posting screenshots of my group chats but at the same time, I don't say crap like that in them either. 

3 minutes ago, apollo said:

This is as bad as someone installing a camera in your bathroom and streaming it live every time you go use the toilet.

Not even close. Did you wake and bake this morning?

4 minutes ago, apollo said:

The 2020 generation disgusts me. Instead of empathy people show nothing other than anger and hate towards one another. Put yourself in someones shoes before trashing them to death. See what they're going through.

Expect to see the good from people... not magnify their bad actions...

How about some empathy for the women they were degrading? 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, apollo said:

To spread hate? What do you think the hacker is doing here?

Brendan wasn't trying to spread hate, he made terrible comments to his friends and it should stop there. This is spreading far more hate now that he's been "exposed" ... you've got 100s of thousands of hockey fans fuming and they will reflect this hatred on to their lives and make the world a worse place as a result.

The hacker or the friend needs to be locked up. They are the one spreading all this negative energy and getting people angry... 1 person angry, they'll vent and keep spreading the negative energy.

God bless. Focus on positives. I'm done paying attention to high school gossip. I've already had enough.

There's far too much good in this planet for me to focus on some random guy talking to his buddies in a PRIVATE group chat

I won't read past the first line.  You're so far off base that it isn't worth it.  I hope you're young...that's the only excuse I could fathom for being so blind in this.

Have a good day.

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Not even close.  

How is it different?

Do you want someone to expose every single message you've ever sent someone in private? Nope.

Do you want someone to expose every single time you got #2 in the toilet and stream it live? Nope.

Both as gutless. The person who leaks it has a miserable life and wants to spread misery. Whoever it was, has their own issues and clearly had a vandetta against brendan

6 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I'm not that far removed from Leipsic's age group and despite me and my buddies having some pretty epic group chats, we've never spoken about people in that manner. 

Neither have me or my friends at any point in our lives. However, outliers aren’t the norm, unfortunately. For every good kid out there, who had well adjusted parents as well, there are loads that aren’t. Tons. And things, such as education, career choice, and those you associate with all play a part.

There’s a reason why professional athletes have always been on the wrong side of history than right. Money and power. And when you combine those two with having all those things before your brain is even finished developing mentally, and more importantly, your brain is forming during that time when you are having more money and power than most people will ever have, it’s not surprising that Leipsic said this in private. There’s a reason professional hockey teams have PR departments for their players, and it’s exactly precisely for times like these. It’s because professional athletes are morons who aren’t well adjusted individuals seeking a career in “insert job here.”

Not waving it off. Just saying, let’s not give any of these people the time of day to begin with. They’re clowns. I don’t give attention to 25 year olds who pump iron to begin with. Not the people I’m particularly interested in seeing become leaders of the world, because they never will.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

If it's your daughter they're shaming is it still ok? 

People can say whatever they like. It’s just words. I don’t have to agree with it, but as someone who had a sh*t ton of negative things said about me growing up because of who I was and, more importantly, who my family was, I was taught:

”Don’t listen to any of it. You know who you are, they don’t. Aspire to be better than them. Their behaviour is on them. When we’ve all lived long and we’re gone, we will all be remembered or forgotten. Focus your attention on doing good for you, your family, and your community. If someone else doesn’t subscribe to that, let them be miserable individuals. Don’t focus your attention on them, they’re not worth it. They have to live with themselves 24/7, which must be both exhausting and sad. Count yourself to be very, very fortunate that you know better.”

Leipsic is a clown. And clowns exist. With only a handful of developed counties in the world, and the vast majority of the population of the world not in developed countries, these things aren’t going away or happening less. And none of that is my concern. Especially those conversations that were intended to be private, no matter how much I don’t subscribe to what was said. Their problem, not mine.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, apollo said:

People need to stop being social justice warriors.

He said stuff to his friends in a private group chat.

Whoever is the hacker that leaks this garbage needs to be thrown in jail for good. That person is doing FAR more harm and building FAR MORE negative energy by spreading what a poor guy said to his friends in PRIVATE...

The hacker is gutless.

Who hasn't said something inappropriate to their friends in PRIVATE? Who knows maybe he was drinking or high or something and he was just being an ass, maybe he's bored and depressed on the couch cuz his season ended horribly and he's just trying to vent to his friends in the form of just throwing around chirps?

People are a holes. They don't know what Brendan is going through mentally and just grilling him?

People need to be smarter than to speak such ways online - particularly under their real name. But that is a fair point. Similarly, the previous owner of the Clippers who said some politically incorrect things inside the privacy of his own home, and his man looking girlfriend recorded the conversation, leaked it, and ultimately he was forced to sell the team. Nobody had a problem with the invasion of privacy but what he said within his own living room was all the rage. That's dangerous..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, apollo said:

People need to stop being social justice warriors.

He said stuff to his friends in a private group chat.

Whoever is the hacker that leaks this garbage needs to be thrown in jail for good. That person is doing FAR more harm and building FAR MORE negative energy by spreading what a poor guy said to his friends in PRIVATE...

The hacker is gutless.

Who hasn't said something inappropriate to their friends in PRIVATE? Who knows maybe he was drinking or high or something and he was just being an ass, maybe he's bored and depressed on the couch cuz his season ended horribly and he's just trying to vent to his friends in the form of just throwing around chirps?

People are a holes. They don't know what Brendan is going through mentally and just grilling him?

oh no facepalm GIF

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

https://hackspirit.com/protect-absorbing-peoples-negative-energy/

Gonna leave this here and disappear from this thread. It's far too nice of a day today to focus on school boy gossip...

Brendan deserves to learn a lesson but this isn't the right way. Millions of hockey fans are now focusing on this negative energy and I guarantee you they'll have a worse day than if they were focusing on something positive... like how our province is about to open back up and we're beating a pandemic.

When you focus on negatives it will only multiply in your life. I've battled depression and other mental health issues long enough to know that this school boy gossip and negativity will only crush your mental well being.

Spread love Canucks Nation. Spread love. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

People need to be smarter than to speak such ways online - particularly under their real name. But that is a fair point. Similarly, the previous owner of the Clippers who said some politically incorrect things inside the privacy of his own home, and his man looking girlfriend recorded the conversation, leaked it, and ultimately he was forced to sell the team. Nobody had a problem with the invasion of privacy but what he said within his own living room was all the rage. That's dangerous..

He doesn't need to when he can make an entire careers worth of money being a fringe NHLer for a couple years lol

1 minute ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

it's not like the internet and social media is a new thing.  Everyone understands that privacy isn't private anymore.  Don't say it if you don't want it out there and don't cry when you face the consequences.

31 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Looks like Leipsic pissed his career away. Especially with the Caps - talking $&!# about some of his own teammates 

I'd say "career" is a stretch here. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tortorella's Rant said:

Yeah, I wonder why people had a bigger issue with the billionaire owner of an NBA team telling his girlfriend not to bring black people (including Magic Johnson) to his basketball games, or be seen with them with on social media, than the fact that the conversation was recorded. 

5 minutes ago, Patrick Kane said:

Over 90% of people under the age of 30 have probably made comments much worse then this in private. 

I'd say you're likely wrong and maybe hanging out with the wrong people?

I guess it really divides the grown ups and the adults.   Most people, after about 25 or so are heading toward an adult life.  Sure, still having fun..drinking/whatever.  But respectful and know the difference between right and wrong.

Hell, there's President who thought grab 'em by was ok.  Seems most feel it really isn't/wasn't.  

If you've had "worse" I'd really rethink that.  Based on the reaction of most.

^what PK said

The world isn't a place where it accommodates for everyone.

People will make comments like that in the security of their own friendships. Doubt Leipsic called Pearsons wife those things to her face

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, Monty said:

Neither have me or my friends at any point in our lives. However, outliers aren’t the norm, unfortunately. For every good kid out there, who had well adjusted parents as well, there are loads that aren’t. Tons. And things, such as education, career choice, and those you associate with all play a part.

There’s a reason why professional athletes have always been on the wrong side of history than right. Money and power. And when you combine those two with having all those things before your brain is even finished developing mentally, and more importantly, your brain is forming during that time when you are having more money and power than most people will ever have, it’s not surprising that Leipsic said this in private. There’s a reason professional hockey teams have PR departments for their players, and it’s exactly precisely for times like these. It’s because professional athletes are morons who aren’t well adjusted individuals seeking a career in “insert job here.”

Not waving it off. Just saying, let’s not give any of these people the time of day to begin with. They’re clowns. I don’t give attention to 25 year olds who pump iron to begin with. Not the people I’m particularly interested in seeing become leaders of the world, because they never will.

Well, if nothing else, I don't think many will be inclined to give Leipsic the time of day after this. At least not for awhile. 

• Thanks 1