The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks exploring possibility of trading Brock Boeser

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Benning vs. Sekeres | Round 1:

What else would Benning say even if it is absolutely true?

He has a playoffs to play and anything else but straight up denial isn’t possible.

Again, Sekeres only said that they have considered the idea of moving Boeser to solve some of their looming issues, and did he isn’t being shopped.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Provost said:

He has a playoffs to play and anything else but straight up denial isn’t possible.

Again, Sekeres only said that they have considered the idea of moving Boeser to solve some of their looming issues, and did he isn’t being shopped.

I heard Brackett was the one pushing for moving Boeser, that's why he ended up in the outside looking in.

See, I can make stuff up too! Weeeee! :P

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This stuff honestly is so disheartening.. why is the media putting the players through this stuff especially before a huge opportunity for the Canucks to get some playoff exposure? This could be huge for the growth of all our young players. These media clowns must not actually be fans of the team.. because this is just so unnecessary

53 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Podkolzin doesn't play anything like Boeser.

He does however do a lot of the same things Jake does (minus the elite speed).

Boeser is a 1st line, 1 shot scorer with high character. That's what.

I wouldn't want him to play like Boeser, but he could certainly match his numbers while playing a more complete game with a far higher compete level.  I feel the same about Jake.

The first line scorer is debatable, the character I agree with.

Edited by stawns

4 minutes ago, Hectic said:

This stuff honestly is so disheartening.. why is the media putting the players through this stuff especially before a huge opportunity for the Canucks to get some playoff exposure? This could be huge for the growth of all our young players. These media clowns must not actually be fans of the team.. because this is just so unnecessary

There’s a couple of good ones but the vast majority of them only want to get a reaction out of the fanbase and cry about Benning 24/7. 

37 minutes ago, Provost said:

Exactly, he didn't say they were shopping him, nor do I believe they are at this point.  Come draft day, I'll think otherwise.

37 minutes ago, Provost said:

Glad someone gets it.  

Athletes should know they will be subject to rumors like this, if it's a distraction then that is on the athlete.  And it isn't hard to look at Benning saying one thing then doing the next.  I believe Dhailwal reported about a Nucks player not getting a contract offer, Benning denied it, then weeks past and that player never got a contract.  The name escapes me.

53 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Glad someone gets it.  

Athletes should know they will be subject to rumors like this, if it's a distraction then that is on the athlete.  And it isn't hard to look at Benning saying one thing then doing the next.  I believe Dhailwal reported about a Nucks player not getting a contract offer, Benning denied it, then weeks past and that player never got a contract.  The name escapes me.

When it comes to your opinion on Benning.... Which you've been reinforcing at nauseam for a long time now.... your views on this topic 'escapes me'. 

I see your posts on many other subjects on cdc and find you have some very good well thought out measured responses but just like Suckass, you loose all your credibility due to your blind blatant hate for Benning.  Get some help brother... 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Sorry @stawns looks like they're not trading your whipping boy

Did anyone think they were trading him before the play in?  If it happens, draft day would be the earliest point it would happen.  However, it's going to happen at some point because they're not going to be able to keep Petey, Hughes and Boeser once Boeser has to be resigned.  Unless you see them moving QH or Petey?

The whipping boy comment is just silly.  You can like a player and still understand how trading him is beneficial to the organization.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Sekeres is such a hack.

Horrible timing to start a rumour. Brock should be focused on one thing only.

1040 is garbage for not firing him 

I highly doubt it was just a rumour, but I also highly doubt they are actively shopping him.......which isn't what the tweet said anyway.  The tweet said they were exploring the idea, which I'd be shocked if they weren't.

Edited by stawns

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

I feel like this thing is going to go on forever kind of like the Tanev rumours every year. Before you know it Brock is in his 30’s still in a Canucks uniform lol

That's pretty much guaranteed not to happen.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Did anyone think they were trading him before the play in?  If it happens, draft day would be the earliest point it would happen.  However, it's going to happen at some point because they're not going to be able to keep Petey, Hughes and Boeser once Boeser has to be resigned.  Unless you see them moving QH or Petey?

The whipping boy comment is just silly.  You can like a player and still understand how trading him is beneficial to the organization.

100% agree with the Stawns  "You can like a player and still understand how trading him is beneficial to the organization"

I find that while on our team many will be upset mentioning trade, then when they are gone   flame them for saying they were overhyped or then realize there wasn't a spot on the team for them, unfortunately by then we have let them walk for nothing or got little return

Not very often have the Canucks sold high with good returns that i remember

I don't dislike players while playing for us, or gone from us, I just appreciate more if they are a good fit on the team

"I had a chat with Jim and he told me he hasn't discussed trading me with anyone. I felt like that was very unnecessary by the media, especially the timing of it." - Boeser

The level of garbage our media spews out is disgusting tbh...

The funny thing is all the sheep that picked up a false piece of fake news and started running with it... Just shows how fragile some of our fans are. Our captain comes out a few nights prior saying we're focused on a cup and lunatic fringe's come out here thinking you're trading Brock Boeser... the epitome of class, skill, honour... I could go on and on.

Brock is way too respectful... these toxic reporters need to be muted. They make our fans panic and ruin the energy moving forward. We're going for a cup... and if you think Jim is talking trade?! :picard:

smh... People who believe fake news and ring alarm bells ... don't be a sheep. This team is focused on winning. No school girl gossip made up by some lunatic

Sheep's Face-Reading Skills Stand Out from the Flock - Scientific ...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Podkolzin doesn't play anything like Boeser.

He does however do a lot of the same things Jake does (minus the elite speed).

Boeser is a 1st line, 1 shot scorer with high character. That's what.

See this is where my issue with Boeser comes in. We haven’t really seen that 1 shot scoring ability the last two seasons. Whether it’s his wrist or back or goalies reading his release after seeing him a bit, we just haven’t seen that much the last two years. Certainly not with the same consistency we did in his rookie season. His goal totals have lessened each of the last two years while actually taking more shots in 2018-19 (as compared to his rookie year of 2017-18) and similar totals this season. His shooting percentage went down to 12 and 9% respectively the last two years. Much more “normal” numbers that aren’t typical of a 1 shot scorer/sniper type. 

Now this could very well be a result of his injuries but then that begs the question- will he ever get it back? To me, if he has another season of <25 goals and maybe another injury that has him out for 10-15+ games then I think his trade value takes a serious hit. 

• Vintage 1