The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCQR: (5) Edmonton Oilers vs. (12) Chicago Blackhawks | Blackhawks win series 3-1

Rate this topic

2020 Stanley Cup Qualifiers  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Ever debate hockey clubs with an Oilers fan? They eventually just throw their cups in your face as they have nothing else but to cling to that past. Can't stand them and I hope that team suffers for decades. McDavid isn't a leader. Beautiful skater but not nearly the complete hockey player Crosby is. 

McDavid is the best player in the league by far imho. Oilers should really be ashamed of themselves. I really hope they lose the lottery and McDavid demands a trade and they go back to the bottom where they have been for most of my lifetime

23 hours ago, Silent Man said:

In the past 10 years (2010-2019) Oilers picked 4  first overalls, 1- third, 1 - forth. And they still can't win anything. 

And think about this - the 2 they traded away are going on to the second round - so i am going to say it now #freeMcDavid

I'll just leave this Travis Yost prediction here:

https://www.tsn.ca/a-statistical-look-at-the-oilers-vs-blackhawks-play-in-series-1.1487169

Prediction

You can look at some of the other play-in teams and see ways that the Blackhawks can pull off an upset. Not here. Edmonton is too fast, too skilled and too dangerous offensively for such a porous Chicago team.

Assuming the Oilers make the right decision in starting Koskinen over Smith, I don’t give the Blackhawks much of a chance, unless Crawford – who is certainly capable – goes on a five-game heater.

The second round will get very dicey for the Oilers, depending on their opponent. But they should cruise here. The pick is Edmonton in four.

Edited by Saved_by_Jesus
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

so..... how long before McDavid asks to be traded?

I never saw this happening before now, but this may be the straw that breaks it. There has to come a point 

edit:  Virtanen + Eriksson + Demko! 

Edited by kilgore

2 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

McDavid is the best player in the league by far imho. Oilers should really be ashamed of themselves. I really hope they lose the lottery and McDavid demands a trade and they go back to the bottom where they have been for most of my lifetime

He is exciting to watch. Not complete like Syd though. Syd wins board battles and plays well in his own end, unlike McDavid. I doubt McD ever becomes a complete player like Crosby, Toews, Kopitar. Exciting yes, a player that leads a team through battles? I just don't see it.

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

He is exciting to watch. Not complete like Syd though. Syd wins board battles and plays well in his own end, unlike McDavid. I doubt McD ever becomes a complete player like Crosby, Toews, Kopitar. Exciting yes, a player that leads a team through battles? I just don't see it.

I can respect that opinion. Offensively though McDavid hands down the best in the league. I dont watch many Oilers games to judge his defence but his offensive highlights speak for themselves

• Cheers 1

If Oilers get Lefreniere itd basically be like if the Penguins somehow got Ovechkin with Crosby and Malkin. 2 headed monsters are scary enough to face. Imagine a trio

PLEASE HOCKEY GODS THEY DONT DESERVE IT!!!