The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCQR: (5) Edmonton Oilers vs. (12) Chicago Blackhawks | Blackhawks win series 3-1

Rate this topic

2020 Stanley Cup Qualifiers  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

I took my dog out to go poop I get back and the Oilers are losing.....Crazy.....Oilers blew the lead.

Kinda reminds of Canucks up 4-1 then ends Canucks 4-3. 2 quick goals.

its 2020 the worlds a freaky place anything can happen.

Edited by HockeyHarry

Man does Leon ever look bummed - looks good on him though. I do expect McDavid to have a huge game on Friday - but obviously hoping they are knocked out so people here can go back to p*ssing and moaning about oil prices and the Eskimos changing their name :towel:

• Haha 1

Does anybody find themselves cheering for teams like the oilers in the qualifiers just so they don't get a chance at the first round? 

Teams I'm cheering for in no particular order. (yes I know it's petty of me) 

Oilers

Leafs

Flames

Rangers - too bad

Pittsburgh (because I want Montreal to get the pick) 

Coyotes

Florida 

Both McDavid AND Crosby 1 game away from getting booted by really 2 of the only teams that were never going to make the playoffs had Covid not hit. :o

I'm not that surprised at where the Coilers are, but am surprised with the Penguins

Edited by Mackcanuck

8 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Bieksa 'They (oilers) need a right hand center that they can trust to win draws'

... Beagle/Sutter anyone?? :bigblush:

We'll even throw in a 7th with Beagle ;)  Rather keep Sutter of the 2 anyways :P

25 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Both McDavid AND Crosby 1 game away from getting booted by really 2 of the only teams that were never going to make the playoffs had Covid not hit. :o

I'm not that surprised at where the Coilers are, but am surprised with the Penguins

I think Pens surprise me less just because theres always that thought that Price gets ridden so hard because they never have a backup that he is just worn right down and during a short stretch and layoff he could be the difference maker.

Oilers surprise me more because I thought Tippet would have been able to get guys to buy into a more defensive system but Oilers gotta be Oilers, they can't defend if their life depended on it.  Yea McDavid and Drai will kill it on the offense but both are SUCH defensive reliablities.  Why is the center all the way up at the blueline suddenly going in on breakaways?  Center is supposed to take the downlow guy to help out the D and its clear as day thats the issue. 

4 hours ago, NucksinNorway said:

Does anybody find themselves cheering for teams like the oilers in the qualifiers just so they don't get a chance at the first round? 

Teams I'm cheering for in no particular order. (yes I know it's petty of me) 

Oilers

Leafs

Flames

Rangers - too bad

Pittsburgh (because I want Montreal to get the pick) 

Coyotes

Florida 

All i want is Edmonton to qualify for the next round - and get swept in 4 :D

Agree on the bolded ones - only reason I didn't highlight all of them is Easterm conference - reason I highlighted Florida - cause its Florida and the 11 fans there don't deserve Alex

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

Let this sink in! :picard:

I would rather it was Edm as it forces them into tougher decisions. With Geno and Sid being much older it is easier for Pitt to transition. If I were Pitt GM I would simply look to get something solid for Geno while Sid grooms the youngster.

47 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

All i want is Edmonton to qualify for the next round - and get swept in 4 :D

Agree on the bolded ones - only reason I didn't highlight all of them is Easterm conference - reason I highlighted Florida - cause its Florida and the 11 fans there don't deserve Alex

My exact reason for having Florida on that list, and basically hoping all of those you highlighted get swept in the first round

Edited by NucksinNorway
  • Vintage 1