The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | July (28-30) 2020 (Exhibition)

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I may be over-analzying, but you would think they would at least be the home team on day 1 considering they’re the hosts or were they intentionally made away teams? Just over-analyzing, I guess...

I thought I read somewhere a couple of weeks ago that for the exhibition games, home and away was settled by a coin toss

2 minutes ago, Canucks-12 said:

Hope the ice conditions are good for Canucks games after multiple games played the same day. 

Is the Roger's Place ice reckoned to be as good as was the old Northland Coliseum?

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

This one's living up to the hype...for an exhibition game, so much emotion already.

These 2 teams just dont like each other. (Like we will be with Seattle in a couple of years)

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

I recall one of the players (Tanev?) saying the ice was awful/sluggish.  But that was Vancouver ice.

JT I think. He took a bit of flak for that (criticizing the arena crew who were struggling to get good ice in July)

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

JT I think. He took a bit of flak for that (criticizing the arena crew who were struggling to get good ice in July)

Thought so/corrected it....thanks.  :) Didn't realize that he caught flak...just speaking the truth, really.  I mean it matters.  Not that there's blame, but some would likely see "no legs" and think it's a training/fitness issue when it's the ice bogging them down.