The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 16th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

5 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Blues had last change; now we do.....I expect our 6-40-9 line to have a good game.

I hope so, with the attention going to Bo, it is a good opportunity for them to take advantage. Should be an interesting game.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Noticed last game that the Petey/Boeser line was getting hemmed in their own zone on a few shifts. Are the Blues catching on to something?

Also noticed LE missed a few good chances to score and he is not doing too well along the boards. Although he is not playing too bad on that line, could it not be improved upon? Maybe Macewen?

Don't want to start an argument here just maybe some things to keep an eye on for tonight, thanks.

Yeah, Loui's definitely been missing his shots and bobbling puck all over.  That line has been so good though that I don't see a reason why you'd mess with a good thing?  

MacEwen is a good hitter and kind of an underrated offensive player as he has a good nose around the net IMO.  His defense is lacking though, which is okay for a rookie forward.  So putting him with Bo-ey and Pearson would mean that the two veterans would have to play more defensive and cover for d-men and each other more.  Just my opinion.  

Petey/Boeser haven't looked good because they've been going up against ROR.  We'll see if Green will be able to get them away from ROR and Parayko.  We got the last change now for the next two games.  Small advantage.  

I'm really hoping that we can finish them off soon.  Ivan Barbashev is back in the bubble and isolating for the next four days.  If he passes his Covid test four days in a row, he's free to join.  He's questionable for game 5 and almost a certainty for game 6.  Very very good 3rd line player for them that hits hard and forechecks like crazy.  Definitely want to avoid playing against him if possible. 

6 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Lost my little sister to kidney failure this morning.  She was a huge Canuck fan. Me and my father are going to watch the game together...  Funny how sports is a family event sometimes bringing us together...  We'll be cheering our team on for her.

I think Myers is a huge hole to fill.

It's going to take a team effort to handle a hungry Blues team.

My condolences to you and your family, hope Canucks get a win for your sister

18 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Bacon wrapped perogies with cheese sauce, followed up with a tub of ice cream

Grrr - making me jealous

- cobb salad with a diet Pepsi here, then some grapes and cheese.

I guess I could open a bottle of Gewurtztraminer ........

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I wouldn't put it past Green to slide Virtanen onto Bo's line, for breakout speed and some aggro, and move LE with Sutter and Roos.  If Berube is going to try and stifle Bo, some speed would be a good counter.  Sutter and Loui form one PK pair anyway, so it is not as though they are unfamiliar with each other. 

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Virtanen sits out a game.  No way that Green will move him up the lineup after the last game where he wasn't a factor and took an undisciplined penalty.  

Why would you mess with our best line so far?  

Well, Canucks fans, whatever superstitious things you've been doing since this crazy ride began, keep up the good work!

Game 1 against MIN, I wore my Hughes jersey (was a little warm). They lost.

Since then (the last 5 games) I have a few things I make certain not to change.

I have a Canucks light that flashes, that I turn on before game time. I wear my '94 Canucks tank, and I have the "We Are All One Team" 2020 playoff towel ready for waving. :towel:

6 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Lost my little sister to kidney failure this morning.  She was a huge Canuck fan. Me and my father are going to watch the game together...  Funny how sports is a family event sometimes bringing us together...  We'll be cheering our team on for her.

I think Myers is a huge hole to fill.

It's going to take a team effort to handle a hungry Blues team.

Sorry for your loss, condolences 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yeah, Loui's definitely been missing his shots and bobbling puck all over.  That line has been so good though that I don't see a reason why you'd mess with a good thing?  

MacEwen is a good hitter and kind of an underrated offensive player as he has a good nose around the net IMO.  His defense is lacking though, which is okay for a rookie forward.  So putting him with Bo-ey and Pearson would mean that the two veterans would have to play more defensive and cover for d-men and each other more.  Just my opinion.  

Petey/Boeser haven't looked good because they've been going up against ROR.  We'll see if Green will be able to get them away from ROR and Parayko.  We got the last change now for the next two games.  Small advantage.  

I'm really hoping that we can finish them off soon.  Ivan Barbashev is back in the bubble and isolating for the next four days.  If he passes his Covid test four days in a row, he's free to join.  He's questionable for game 5 and almost a certainty for game 6.  Very very good 3rd line player for them that hits hard and forechecks like crazy.  Definitely want to avoid playing against him if possible. 

In a regular season I would tend to agree with you, however, in a series where St. Louis is looking for an advantage and is going over game tape? I would be looking at how to lesson where we can be taken advantage of.

I do hope the line change situation is enough for Petey and Boes to get some extra room to work their magic.