The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 19, 2020 | Canucks lead series 3-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, RWMc1 said:

I re-watched that and it seemed covered from a front view but the ref was behind the net and didn't blow the whistle. We keep battling to the whistle for a reason.

Which is why I said we can't blame the refs for this game. I looked at again the replays they show on NHL.com and Twitter and they are from behind or far out and you can't see Allens glove on the puck. But there is replay out there that clearly shows Allen put his glove over the puck and Miller just rams it out and in the net. I was just surprised on the no challenge and I think it's just cause Vancouver is so deadly on the PP.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

Which is why I said we can't blame the refs for this game. I looked at again the replays they show on NHL.com and Twitter and they are from behind or far out and you can't see Allens glove on the puck. But there is replay out there that clearly shows Allen put his glove over the puck and Miller just rams it out and in the net. I was just surprised on the no challenge and I think it's just cause Vancouver is so deadly on the PP.

I think that view is showing Allen put his glove in front of the puck, it's still clearly visible in the view from behind the net.

• Cheers 4

13 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I re-watched that and it seemed covered from a front view but the ref was behind the net and didn't blow the whistle. We keep battling to the whistle for a reason.

Further to that point, the benches have iPads available with multiple replay angles. I see zero chance of Berube not challenging, if there was any doubt....

49 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

On hfboards user name lazylarry ( I think that's it)

I liked him but it's obvious he didn't care for all the people that have been concerned for him since he vanished. 

lol, me too, I think his wildly changing viewpoints and random pot shots probably fit in better there

44 minutes ago, stawns said:

I thought he had a great game last night.......probably his best as a Canuck.  He was patient, tough and made smart low risk plays all night

I agree.  I was a bit worried about him in the lineup.  He put that to rest - has had a really even keel -  there was one incident where I thought he made a poor puck moving decision - which you have to expect from every D in the lineup, particularly when a heavy team is coming as hard as St Louis did/does (I think he might have had one giveaway all night)   He got trolled a bit by the camera guy after one other mistake (don't recall exactly, but I do recall him fuming at the bench and being camera gazed) - but he was really good - and also handled that 3rd period really well imo, when the team really needed Edler but guys like him held the lead.  I'm happy for him - it must have been rough getting leapfrogged by Fantenburg (who has really risen this year imo) and then Juolevi - but to come in after a long break and step midway into this series - I think he's been better than reasonably could have been expected.

• Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, Crimson said:

I think that view is showing Allen put his glove in front of the puck, it's still clearly visible in the view from behind the net.

The view from behind doesn't show the puck from when it was under the glove and in any regard JT Miller still pushed Allen out of the way to get at the puck. That one angle from the front that they showed zoom in to me shows a pretty high likelyhood of goaltender interference especially when all other angles don't show definitively that the puck is free.. unless there is some angle I haven't seen which may be the case.

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

Amen Spook.  Anyone who didn’t get hyped up last night or whenever watching that game needs to check their pulse and go see a Dr.    The Sedin and WCE teams for sure had their moments - some of the best we’ve  ever had  to lace them up on both teams.   However been saying this all year this team has the 89-92 vibe.   Folks still won’t stop talking about that team for reason.   This feels similar in a lot of ways and factually IS similar in a lot of ways.  Ronning and Horvat are the same age in relation to Linden and Bure.  Edler and Babych, Miller and Pearson = Adams and Courtnall...plus we have BB and QHs doing their best Tanti- Reinhart impressions at a way younger age.   Markstrom and McLean.  There’s a lot of reasons why us folks who were around back then won’t stop bringing it up.   That team was also exciting, entertaining and easy to love. 

And the very best part is it’s looking like we don’t have to wait until these guys are Naslunds or the Sedins ages to do some serious damage (27-29)... what a rush!  Can’t think of anything but the WJs that have ever got me out of bed to watch/listen at 4:00am.   Or to stay up until 1:30-2:00 to watch live. 

Great post Ibatch.

This, to me at least, is really, what makes it all so exciting... we are just witnessing the birth of a team with proper superstars...We will have the next 8-10 years+ to drool over these players. Imagine what level they'll be playing at in 3-4 years, when they really start to mature. The sky is the limit...

It is also the reason I get so frustrated and annoyed, when I read crap post about sack him and replace him bla bla bla... Some people just don't understand when they have so good. Almost as if they are only happy, when they are miserable....

I am so hyped over this team, that I'm getting up to almost every game around 3:00AM during regular season and now 3:30Am during play offs...I feel almost depressed, when the game is over, and we here in UK can't see either after hours, or whatever they show after the game... Last night was such an odd feeling, as I was high as a kite wanting celebrate...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Exactly.  That envy-laced little thing Hrudey went on last night looked an awful lot like full leakage.

Did you see Hrudey all drunk and red faced trying to pretend he was happy his old playoff shot record got shattered? :towel:

What a goof. Whenever I want a good laugh or I'm feeling down I just db Hrudey stats

image.png.cc541e6944a3a334b386ff94760c0dc5.png

image.png

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Haha 3

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/miller-jams-puck-past-allen/t-277437438/c-5406177 okay here you go look at the very last view with like 5 seconds left in the video... that is goaltender interference.. even Louie debrusk says as much. That puck is 100% covered by Allen and it's only JT Miller pushing the glove that puts it in. I just can't see that not being called back on a challenge..

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Me either. In fact, I think it would be a big mistake, so I hope I'm wrong....

Cam Jannsen was on 1040 earlier, former blues player and current commentator on their radio/tv....he thinks Berube is gonna come back with Binnington.  The gaffe where he played the puck in the trapezoid to draw the first penalty and the supposed soft JV goal will be enough to go back to their supposed bread and butter guy...

Edited by Darius
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/miller-jams-puck-past-allen/t-277437438/c-5406177 okay here you go look at the very last view with like 5 seconds left in the video... that is goaltender interference.. even Louie debrusk says as much. That puck is 100% covered by Allen and it's only JT Miller pushing the glove that puts it in. I just can't see that not being called back on a challenge..

Haha..you are like a flat earther yelling on a street corner when nobody cares.  Canucks won and Miller got a goal lol.:lol:

• Haha 4