The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Aug. 23, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

What package....a player a team asked or paid you  off to select? A single player selected per team, when after they chose their roster nobody saw them as being a threat for the cup.

People need to get over Vegas, fact is they play an upbeat style and have some big guys that can play that enforce their might every time they step on the ice. I wish the Canucks played a style like Vegas, solid coaching and a team that gets the most out of every player.

It's a joke.  You cannot gift wrap an elite team to an expansion city.  And let's see when thier window ends how supported that franchise is.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Question, why is juice monkey steroid using nate schmidt allowed to compete? 

If he took performance enhancing drugs... Isn't his performance enhanced already? How does a measly 20 game suspension deter a guy that had added a lot of strength and muscles from using performance enhancing drugs? 

Regardless, can't wait for game 2. We're no strangers to beating cheaters. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Vegas is a cocky, heavy team that backs up its talk. Canucks got rattled early. I think they'll have a nice bounce back game in game 2.

Glad to be here for the experience right now... Vegas had a tough SCF loss and an even more difficult loss last year to SJ... we'll get there. 

3 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

It's a joke.  You cannot gift wrap an elite team to an expansion city.  And let's see when thier window ends how supported that franchise is.  

I'm sure if they run into any financial trouble whatsoever they'll win the draft "lottery" and get a superstar to generate hype again. That's what's saved the Penguins from bankruptcy like 3 times so far.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"You can’t get too high and you can’t get too low. Win a game and move on as fast as possible, same with losing a game. The next game is a new game and the last one doesn’t really matter." - Pearson

A guy who’s been through it with the Kings, knows what he’s talking about.

• Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"You can’t get too high and you can’t get too low. Win a game and move on as fast as possible, same with losing a game. The next game is a new game and the last one doesn’t really matter." - Pearson

He played last night apparently.

Surprisingly, I think this is the most ok I've felt after seeing the team get thrashed 5-0. Our group has come so far so quickly, already finding ways to win against two teams this playoffs. They're an underdog that many didn't believed would even make the playoffs. Now they're here, facing the team that's kicked their behind since it came into the league, a tough playoff built team with its eyes set on a Stanley Cup.

This is the kind of team that they need to beat if they're going to lift a Stanley Cup. I'll be happy as long as they can figure out some ways to wipe the stupid smug grins off the Golden Knights' faces and make this into a hard fought series. If they can push this series to at least 6, that'll be a good job. If they can win this series, I'll be overjoyed. 

• Like 1

The thing I think that trapped Vancouver in 2011 against the Bruins, is they got off their game and got into gamesmanship and tried to match the Bruins’ physicality, turned out to be a big mistake.

The Canucks have to stick to their game, do what they do well. Guys like Reaves want nothing more than to goad our guys, especially Roussel, into all that extracurricular stuff. If it turns into an overly physical series, we are dead in the water. We don’t have the personnel to match them. The worst thing they can do is turn him into a Dustin Byfuglien type presence. He’s a 4th liner, he’ll get his hits, but don’t engage with him. Don’t give him more credit than he deserves.

Brian Burke was talking about that today. The Canucks need to do what made them successful against the Blues. He said Roussel’s heart and effort in game 1 should be commended, but he shouldn’t be engaging Reaves. 

• Vintage 3

Whoa...!?!  What happened?

...had the game PVRd and ready to watch tonight...rather, not going to do that...watched the highlites instead to not waste time.

...looked liked Tanev was pulling the puck from the back of his own net...a lot.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RomanP said:

It has nothing to do with "crapped bed effort" or "focusing frustration". I'm not frustrated with the game yesterday. It's part of the learning curve for this team. What I'm frustrated with is precisely your constant complaining about the coaching, no matter what really happens.

At this point your so called "criticism" is nothing more than bitching of a petulant child who didn't get his favorite toy. Every criticism can be provided in constructive or destructive manner. Shall I spell it out for you which manner your criticism always is in? Also, there's a good old tale of "cry wolf". In case you don't know it - google it, it's very informative. Majority of your "criticisms" are completely misplaced and irrelevant. So, whenever you have a somewhat bright idea, it gets lost in the overall noise of your repeating "criticism". At which point the only response to anything that you are trying to say is exactly a one liner I used in my initial reply - "shut the &^@# up".

Enough explanation for you? Did I analyze you "real issues" sufficiently?

I've had that guy on ignore for a while, I only see his posts when others quote him.  His only train of thought is "coach's fault!" for everything.  Yes, yes, it's all coach's fault, I really feel like we should emphasize that in between every whistle.  Fascinating stuff! 

7 minutes ago, RomanP said:

It has nothing to do with "crapped bed effort" or "focusing frustration". I'm not frustrated with the game yesterday. It's part of the learning curve for this team. What I'm frustrated with is precisely your constant complaining about the coaching, no matter what really happens.

At this point your so called "criticism" is nothing more than bitching of a petulant child who didn't get his favorite toy. Every criticism can be provided in constructive or destructive manner. Shall I spell it out for you which manner your criticism always is in? Also, there's a good old tale of "cry wolf". In case you don't know it - google it, it's very informative. Majority of your "criticisms" are completely misplaced and irrelevant. So, whenever you have a somewhat bright idea, it gets lost in the overall noise of your repeating "criticism". At which point the only response to anything that you are trying to say is exactly a one liner I used in my initial reply - "shut the &^@# up".

Enough explanation for you? Did I analyze you "real issues" sufficiently?

You're dealing with a broken record.  Think of it like that crazy relative that says crazy $&!# at the dinner table

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

You're dealing with a broken record.  Think of it like that crazy relative that says crazy $&!# at the dinner table

I know, just had enough and decided it's time to start trolling the idiot.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Vegas is such a good team top to bottom with a big chunk of top players in their prime.  Playing against this level of competition I think is good for everyone in the organization.  Reminds me of those years they had to deal with CHI .  

Yeah, they're all in their prime now and will be for another couple of years.  

They'll have 6 mil in cap space to find a goalie and replace Chandler Stephenson, Nick Cousins and Nosek.  They will have to choose only one of those forwards, unless some team helps them out and takes one of their contracts.  I could definitely see someone like Detroit or Buffalo taking on Marc-Andre Fleury in exchange for draft picks.