The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

2 minutes ago, IRR said:

Lol! He's a good dude! Doesn't pretend he's some insider or anything, just a huge Canucks / hockey fan and shares things he hears / his thoughts.

so in other words he doesn't have a clue and that rumour came out of his nethers. 

The Vancouver Canucks continue their pursuit if Arizona Coyotes captain Oliver Ekman-Larsson as trade talks between the two clubs continue into Wednesday night, TFP has learned.

Canucks GM Jim Benning has been aggressively trying to acquire Ekman-Larsson from the Coyotes, who also remain in constant trade communication with the Boston Bruins, and a source close to the situation told TFP he was “working hard” to make a trade happen

The Canucks and Coyotes have gone back and forth continuously in negotiations and are hitting the home stretch. Whether the two sides can agree to a trade remains to be seen, and Boston’s involvement may toss a wrench in Vancouver’s plans.

The Bruins have not yet been willing to agree to Arizona’s demands, and the belief is the Canucks overall package, so far, is greater than what the Bruins are willing to offer. Still, talks continue.

To offset salaries and come out compliant under the salary cap, it is believed the Canucks are trying to include centre Brandon Sutter and his $4.375 million cap hit in a deal. Canucks restricted free agent forward Jake Virtanen may also be part of a package, along with a 2021 first-round draft pick and at least one of Vancouver’s top prospects.

The Coyotes have expressed interest in goalie Thatcher Demko, but the Canucks have been reluctant to move him, especially without Jacob Markstrom signed to a new contract. Markstrom is inching closer to testing the free agent market as a UFA on Friday, though the two sides remain in ongoing contract discussions.

- The Fourth Period

Edited by Teemu Selänne

14 minutes ago, IRR said:

Lol! He's a good dude! Doesn't pretend he's some insider or anything, just a huge Canucks / hockey fan and shares things he hears / his thoughts.

Then why are you posting it as if he is an insider? You don't copy other people's posts from other forums and "discuss" them. What a total waste of time reading what you've posted/created.

6 hours ago, Noseforthenet said:

I get the feeling, with Stetcher now being dumped off that something we don't like might be going the other way and might be the cost of losing the Eriksson contract. It could be Boeser Eriksson and a 1st for OEL and Jason Demers. I don't like the idea, but in theory, the team could handle it. The cap hits are essentially the same and it fills 2 holes in the line up. Not to mention that frees up money to sign Toffoli (should that convince him to stay), then we have both Hoglander coming to camp next year and Podkolzin likely joining near the end of the season. We COULD do without Boeser in this scenario. Then sign Tanev to a 1 year (wait and see) contract somewhere between 5 and 6 mil.

Miller-Petey-Free agent/Hoglander?

Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli

Roussel-Gaudette-Sutter

Motte-Beagle-MacEwen

(Virtanen?)

Hughes-Tanev

OEL-Myers

Edler-Demers

Benn, Free agent

Like it or not, this drops off enough salary that we could survive the expansion draft and re-sign Petey and Hughes to good long contracts. 

Protect our top 6 + 1 bottom 6 forward

Hughes, OEL, and Myers

And 1 goalie.

Like it or not, it works.

Hughes is exempt from expansion draft FYI. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Then why are you posting it as if he is an insider? You don't copy other people's posts from other forums and "discuss" them. What a total waste of time reading what you've posted/created.

Learn to read...i explained it in the following posts...just passing along info for discussion on a forum where you discuss! I said he wasn't one!! Christ sakes!! Rumours are just rumours and it's a place to discuss them. People need some coffee and to relax this morning! 

Edited by IRR
  • Cheers 2

Just now, IRR said:

Learn to read...i explained it in the following posts...just passing along info for discussion on a forum where you discuss! I said he wasn't one!! Christ sakes!! Rumour are just rumours and it's a place to discuss them. People need some coffee and to relax this morning! 

No, you aren't passing along info you are posting a nobodies tweet in a trade rumour thread and making no mention that this person tweets you are posting is a completely random person until a later post. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IRR said:

Learn to read...i explained it in the following posts...just passing along info for discussion on a forum where you discuss! I said he wasn't one!! Christ sakes!! Rumours are just rumours and it's a place to discuss them. People need some coffee and to relax this morning! 

Don't worry, peaches5 likes to voice his displeasure with almost everything on the board. The guy is on a life long menstrual cycle. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

No, you aren't passing along info you are posting a nobodies tweet in a trade rumour thread and making no mention that this person tweets you are posting is a completely random person until a later post. 

Go back to bed!!! This isn't the FACT thread, it's a RUMOUR thread...why can't you just enjoy sharing / discussing info. It can be fun, it's doesn't have to be what you're turning it into right now. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Canucks Holes:

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat _______

Roussel ______  Virtanen

Motte Beagle Macewen

Eriksson Gaudette 

Hughes Myers

_____   _____

Edler     _____

Juolevi Raffertty 

Demko

_______

so we need to sign a 2nd line winger, 3rd line center, OEL could be 2nd line LD, gotta sign a 2nd and 3rd line RD and Sign back up goalie.

also likely lose Virtanen in OEL maybe even Gaudette so left him out of the line up.

my suggestions:

2nd line RW- Anthony duclair somewhere around 3-4 mil

3rd line C- Kyle Turris somewhere around 2-3 mil

2nd LD- OEL

2nd Rd- Tyson Barrie somewhere around 3- 3.5 mil

3rd RD- Luke Schenn somewhere around 1-2 Mil 

3rd line Rw- Valeri Nichushkin somehwere around 1.5-2.5 Mil

Backup Goalie- Want Lundqvist but sounds like he is going to WSH so I guess Holtby is he signs for 3 mil. 

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Duclair

Roussel Turris Nichushkin 

Motte Beagle Macewen

OEL Myers

Hughes Schenn (Hughes and Schenn had good chem) 

Edler Barrie 

Demko

Holtby

Barrie is not going to sign for 3-3.5 million. He was looking for a raise, not a drop in pay. The flat cap likely leads to him signing for around what he just made though.

3 minutes ago, IRR said:

Go back to bed!!! This isn't the FACT thread, it's a RUMOUR thread...why can't you just enjoy sharing / discussing info. It can be fun, it's doesn't have to be what you're turning it into right now. 

You didn't post a rumour. A rumour has to be posted by someone reputable not some random dude on twitter. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1