The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Penguins trade Matt Murray to Senators for Jonathan Gruden, 2020 2nd-round pick

Still more goalies on the market than landing spots.

Kuemper and MAF are still out there and don’t require the type of term Markstrom does.  Plus all the 2nd tier guys

I don’t seem this moving the needle on Markstrom at all one way or the other.  

11 minutes ago, rekker said:

I wonder if the Sens made a pitch for Demko. I got to think Marky is gone. I cannot see a scenario where we go into the expansion draft leaving Demko exposed. Unless Demko is included in the OEL trade proposal and Arizona trades Keumper. 

Doubt it. They have a slew of good, young goalie prospects. Murray gives them a decent, mid-term vet to bring them up behind but won't get in the way.

1 minute ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I like the direction of the Senators.  They should be a team to watch over the next few years.

100 percent. They are going to be a real exciting, up and coming team. An easy team for me to cheer for and can't wait for them to become Ontario's best team. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Why not both? Veteran leadership is underrated.

This is true.  However there is a price to pay for such type of leadership.  If they want BOTH Eriksson and Sutter then they need to give up one of their young players.  Brady Tkachuk I think is a fair trade off.  The rewards will outstrip the loss I think.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This is true.  However there is a price to pay for such type of leadership.  If they want BOTH Eriksson and Sutter then they need to give up one of their young players.  Brady Tkachuk I think is a fair trade off.  The rewards will outstrip the loss I think.  

I like the cut of your jib, young fellow. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, rekker said:

100 percent. They are going to be a real exciting, up and coming team. An easy team for me to cheer for and can't wait for them to become Ontario's best team. 

Nearly made coffee squirt out my nose! Well done sir!:lol:

The best comedy is rooted in truth!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1