The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

3 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

One of the things pushing Kent Johnson down the list is not knowing how to prepare to take a hit. Petey had this issue as well and then became very good at prepping for a hit to the point where he knocks the other player to the ground..... I don't think he could learn from a better guy. 

Does Johnson have Petey’s fight instinct or is he a flight guy?  Character and compete are very important.  

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Does Johnson have Petey’s fight instinct or is he a flight guy?  Character and compete are very important.  

Nah he's a competitor. His biggest problem is he so badly wants to make a difference that he sometimes forces plays that aren't there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Johnson has a good compete level but tries to be too flashy sometimes. That is another thing petey had to deal with as well. Learning when to make a flasy move and when to make a smarter play takes some time. I would say that petey would project to be more two way than johnson. Johnson will be an offense all the way guy not bad to have one of those. I think that his two way game will improve under good direction. I think johnson would be a top 5 pick if he was a little bigger. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Johnson has a good compete level but tries to be too flashy sometimes. That is another thing petey had to deal with as well. Learning when to make a flasy move and when to make a smarter play takes some time. I would say that petey would project to be more two way than johnson. Johnson will be an offense all the way guy not bad to have one of those. I think that his two way game will improve under good direction. I think johnson would be a top 5 pick if he was a little bigger. 

Whether it’s Johnson, or Eklund, or McTavish or ? It sounds like we will get a guy to be very excited about.  The upside with Johnson though might be the highest of guys we see in our spot.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Whether it’s Johnson, or Eklund, or McTavish or ? It sounds like we will get a guy to be very excited about.  The upside with Johnson though might be the highest of guys we see in our spot.  

It would be so nice for vancouver to get a star player from Vancouver that could take a home town discount. I knew virtanen would not be that but with johnson it is about 50/50. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Anyone know why the lack of love for Simon Edvinsson? I watched the kid play, and I think he shows good use of his size on both ends of the ice, occasionally great instincts on both O and D, good skating and playmaking. Does he make some stupid reads every once in a while? Sure, but he can learn from that. He definitely needs to improve his shot (specifically how quickly he shoots it), but his good stickhandling is a good indicator that he can do it.

Offensively he hasnt moved the needle enough for me, he is a riskier pick that some of the other guys. That said I would not be dissapointed with him at 9th overall. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Offensively he hasnt moved the needle enough for me, he is a riskier pick that some of the other guys. That said I would not be dissapointed with him at 9th overall. 

Isn’t Evidssin a lot like Broberg and Jurmo?  Guys who have elite skating and are big, but really don’t process the game very well.  

54 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Or Clarke

• Like 1

It would be nice land some size but you don't turn down skill if it is there.

At 9th there will be skill.

I am not sure why but I have a good feeling about this draft year. Hopefully Jim uses our picks. No trading picks please.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Could you imagine Benning’s reaction if Clarke fell into his lap?  

image.jpeg.66cfc295057c72c1821fc7faa9be1760.jpeg

From that point on we could use that pic as a good expression. 

Not adjoined to a dunce cap.

I guess if they do take Johnson, the Canucks offence will be so entertaining, the PP could be tops, but then they better surround these guys with big, gritty veteran forwards who can skate and beef up the D. 

• Cheers 1