The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

Going through my PMs now, and I came across a question I think is worth sharing here.

In last years CBA there's mention of being able to begin extension discussion with ONE player prior to Jan 1, and then 2 starting Feb 6.

Is this time-line still accurate for for this season?

Answer: No, I need to adjust that wording. You can discuss extensions with as many players as you'd like, just know that several players may not want to begin negotiations yet, especially given this years unique nature. 

This has been the way we've approached contract extensions for a few years now, and MV has brought it up more than once asking me to adjust the wording in the CBA and it's always been put on the back burner and I still haven't done it yet :picard: But wanted to clarify here so everyone knows the deal.

2 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Minnesota Wild, Arizona Coyotes and Columbus Blue Jackets have made a three way trade.

To ARI:

small.png Brett Pesce

small.png CBJ 2022 3rd Round Draft Selection

To CBJ:

small.png Olli Juolevi

small.png Mario Ferraro

small.png ARI 2022 2nd Round Draft Selection

To MIN:

small.png Marc-Edouard Vlasic

small.png Vladislav Kamenev

small.png Kirill Marchenko

small.png ARI 2022 4th Round Draft Selection

Very pleased to welcome back Olli Juoleviiiiiiiii!  It pained us to move Olli last summer but the chance to make the addition we did was too important for our franchise. We are pleased have him back and are ecstatic he will begin and hopefully end his career here in CBJ. Our Rookie prospect pool is ready to roll and we feel very confident in our youth including our three rookies. Kaprizov has been a dominant force in the KHL the last 3 seasons and Cozens is leading Team Canada in points in this years WJC's!

small.png - Dylan Cozens, C (BUF) 
small.png - Kirill Kaprizov, RW (MIN)    
small.png - Olli Juolevi, D (VAN)

Moving Brett Pesce was a difficult decision but after the extension of our newly acquired #1 D in Thomas Chabot this off-season.. We realized we had to much cap on our blueline and had to make a difficult decision. I appreciate both Minny and Zona for participating in these talks. This trade took about three weeks to consummate but we are very pleased everyone got the parts they wanted in the end. Olli will be joining our extremely young D core that has seen some transformation this off-season. We started by moving out Chris Tanev (31) for a prospect. Then proceeded to move Ryan McDonagh (31) out for Hague and Morozov. Then Braun (33) was moved to bring in a cheaper McNabb (29). We have moved out a lot of older players and McNabb is now our veteran presence on our D.

Our much younger blueline heading into 2021

Chabot (23) - Girard (22)

Sanheim (24) - McNabb (29)

Juolevi (22) - Ferraro (22)

Hague (22)

Definitely some risk going this young but we are going to trust the kids! Look forward to a very productive 2021 season! We will be posting a new projected lineup in the coming days! 

Hockey's back everyone! LES GO!

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1