The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING

PLEASE BE NICE!

Welcome Aboard! My only advice is don't trade any name my wife would recognize. She isn't a hockey fan but hears me drone on insesently. I find it is a good rule of thumb for newbies to not trade household names in hockey as the old dogs your trading with will rip you to shreds for that hunk of meat. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Welcome Aboard! My only advice is don't trade any name my wife would recognize. She isn't a hockey fan but hears me drone on insesently. I find it is a good rule of thumb for newbies to not trade household names in hockey as the old dogs your trading with will rip you to shreds for that hunk of meat

Yes, I can only imagine how thirsty guys are.

It's gonna take me a bit to assess my roster and form a plan.

• Cheers 2

Maple Leafs need to clear a forward position and are willing to trade Sheahan to the first team to offer a 4th round pick. Would be a solid add for a contender looking for possible playoff players. Bottom 6 guy for the Oilers

first team to offer a 2021 4th, will do it for a 2022 4th if i dont get a 2021 4th offer relatively soon

28 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Yes, I can only imagine how thirsty guys are.

It's gonna take me a bit to assess my roster and form a plan.

Welcome aboard! Take your time and don't be afraid to ask other GM's advice. Excited to have you on board!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Welcome aboard! Take your time and don't be afraid to ask other GM's advice. Excited to have you on board!

Yes @luckylager one thing I have noticed is other GMs will lend helping advice. Even though we play against eachother I think we are all onboard with wanting to keep it an even playing field, and helping others (especially newbies). I have recieved plenty of helping advice from numerous GMs trying to help me not get robbed in trades.

Also speaking of trades, @Rush17, @theo5789, and myself are ALWAYS open for trade talks. Think 80% of my trades were with those 2 simce I joined the league haha. There are defiently more GMs out there willing to wheel and deal, but idk if anyone has made more trades than us 3 since I joined.

Good luck, and I hope someday I have the honor of kicking your butt in the Eastern Conference Finals! :lol::emot-parrot:

Oh and @Sludge may have a few scouting tips for you :ph34r:

Edited by Crabby
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Yes @luckylager one thing I have noticed is other GMs will lend helping advice. Even though we play against eachother I think we are all onboard with wanting to keep it an even playing field, and helping others (especially newbies). I have recieved plenty of helping advice from numerous GMs trying to help me not get robbed in trades.

Also speaking of trades, @Rush17, @theo5789, and myself are ALWAYS open for trade talks. Think 80% of my trades were with those 2 simce I joined the league haha. There are defiently more GMs out there willing to wheel and deal, but idk if anyone has made more trades than us 3 since I joined.

Good luck, and I hope someday I have the honor of kicking your butt in the Eastern Conference Finals! :lol::emot-parrot:

Oh and @Sludge may have a few scouting tips for you :ph34r:

Ok then. How much value do you GM's place on 3rd round picks for example?

Bottom six player, rental?

7 minutes ago, luckylager said:

It's going to depend on the GM, everyone has different valuations and different players have different potential. What one might be okay moving a 3rd rounder for, another might not.

I'll take that 3rd rounder for this advice though!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, luckylager said:

It all depends. Bottom 6 on a playoffs team to me is worth a 3rd, but someone may feel thats too much to pay. Best advice I can give you is be willing to have back and forth discussions, and dont sway too much from your initial valuation. If a GM doesn't give you what you consider a fair deal, just take a step back, seek a deal with another GM. Make sure that any trade you make fits your goal. Sometimes even a fair deal isn't fair to you because it doesn't fit what your trying to do. Other GMs will try to work with you to fit your needs, and the ones that dont are usually the ones not making the trades lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

You get more value for playoff bound players at the trade deadline and more value for your picks on the draft floor in a typical year. But.. you can sell playoff hopefuls early in a season for a higher price. IE a fringe team like FLA's players may be worth more now then at the TDL if their value drops due to them being outside the playoff bubble type deal. 

I would pay a 3rd for a good playoff bound bottom 6 forward on a good contract. Possibly even a 2nd if it was the absolute perfect player/team/contract. But remember a 3rd round pick to NJ is like having a 4th round pick belonging to MIN. Lol. NJ is often top of the league and Minny in recent years has been near the bottom. So the NJ 3rd and the MIN 4th might just be 2-3 picks apart. Trust your gut and don't be shy to get to know people and ask for advice! I personally lean on several gm's for their takes. Often it helps clear the murky water in my evaluation process - if I'm unsure sometimes just talking it out brings it into focus!

Enjoy!

I will bug you later on but I'll give you a week or so to settle in lol.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

HIRING: The Tampa Bay Lightning are pleased to announce the hiring of luckylager as their new interim General Manager.

Welcome to the league!

If you have discord you should look to join the leagues discord channel!

https://discord.gg/SGahqFARWx

It isn't super busy right now but this is the place to be during the draft and during the TDL. Definitely the best place imo to engage in trade talks! If you don't have it installed and would like a hand let me know!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, luckylager said:

Sorry, new guy here.

Where tf did the UFA list go and can it be placed somewhere on page 1?

Thanks

Do you have Google drive? If so, once you open up the link @Crabby gave you, then you can look it anytime by searching it. If there are updates, it'll automatically update for you. This applies to the team sheets as well, so you don't have to look at the 1st page every time either.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Do you have Google drive? If so, once you open up the link @Crabby gave you, then you can look it anytime by searching it. If there are updates, it'll automatically update for you. This applies to the team sheets as well, so you don't have to look at the 1st page every time either.

Yeah I totally didnt think of that... derp

Yes I have Google drive

sTeEp LeArNiNg CuRvE