The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

20 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The New York Rangers have made a trade with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

To CBJ:

small.png Jamie Benn ($3 million retained in 2020-21/2021-22)

small.png Connor Murphy ($2 million retained in 2020-21)

To NYR:

small.png Olli Juolevi

small.png Nikita Zadorov

Nothing left to say but thank you to Jamie Benn for pushing us up the standings as best he could. I enjoyed having a Vancouver Islander in my ranks, and a superstar to boot!!

Connor Murphy seems like the longest serving Ranger up to the point of his trade and he has been nothing but inspirational and productive for I want to say 7 years? 8? 

OH, found the note! Acquired with Sami Salo and a few others pieces from Vancouver all the way back on March 8th 2013! wow! In any event, Connor was the cost of doing business in moving out the cap that accompanied Jamie Benn. All in all we lost two great talents and gents in the room, but also managed to remove 13m in their cap hit before the summer UFA market. 

I want to welcome Nikita Zadorov to the Rangers and assign him directly to the big club where we will appreciate what he brings to the table.  Olli Juolevi, we feel, is the player we want to work into our Defense and we expect to hold down the fort there for some time and possibly even unseat Murphy as the longest serving Ranger in GML history!!

Thank you to Rush17 for a very good, somewhat long courtship of Juolevi and ultimately a tough bargain in allowing him to come over to Madison Square Garden!

Thanks for posting and processing, Comish. ; )

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

TRADE: The Anaheim Ducks have made a trade with the Philadelphia Flyers.

To ANA:

small.png Tomas Tatar

small.png Daniel Vladar

To PHI:

small.png Mats Zuccarello

small.png STL 2021 2nd Round Draft Selection

small.png WSH 2021 2nd Round Draft Selection
small.png WSH 2021 4th Round Draft Selection

small.png ANA 2022 4th Round Draft Selection

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Anaheim Ducks have made a trade with the Philadelphia Flyers.

To ANA:

small.png Tomas Tatar

small.png Daniel Vladar

To PHI:

small.png Mats Zuccarello

small.png STL 2021 2nd Round Draft Selection

small.png WSH 2021 2nd Round Draft Selection
small.png WSH 2021 4th Round Draft Selection

small.png ANA 2022 4th Round Draft Selection

Thanks to @AndreLePlum for the trade talks!

We didn't want to move Vladar (who had his first start and win to his career) as we felt he could be our goalie of the future. Unfortunately, we had come to the realization that he wasn't expansion exempt, so we faced the decision to risk losing him potentially or try to get some value.

We thank Tomas Tatar for his time as a Flyer. We didn't feel he fit into our core and felt it was the right time to give him the opportunity on a new team.

We are very excited to bring in Mats Zuccarello. We hope he will be a large contributing factor in our playoff drive and playoff hopes.

As stated previously, our lineup is looking pretty set for the season at this point, but we continue to look for ways to improve our squad where we can for the present and the future. We are very happy to see our roster continue to push as we get closer to meeting our original goal of taking a bottom end team into playoff contention.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

TRADE: The Nashville Predators have made a trade with the St. Louis Blues.

To NSH:

small.png Nikolai Ehlers ($1.5 million retained for 2020-21)
small.png STL 2022 3rd Round Draft Selection

To STL:

small.png Jakub Vrana

small.png Ondrej Kase

small.png David Kase

Edited by canuck2xtreme
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 2

4 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Buffalo Sabres have made a trade with the Colorado Avalanche.

To COL:

small.png Valeri Nichushkin

To BUF:

small.png Jake Neighbours

4 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Colorado Avalanche have made a trade with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

To CBJ:

small.png Colton Parayko

To COL:

small.png Nicolas Hague

small.png Ryan Reaves

small.png Jeremy Poirier

2 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Vegas Golden Knights have made a trade with the Colorado Avalanche.

To COL:

small.png Logan Stanley

To VGK:

small.png Anthony Bitetto

small.png Jalen Chetfield

small.png Adam Mascherin

Thanks to GM's @lethunder, @Rush17 and @falcon45ca for the productive discussions and to all our players and prospects for their contributions to the Avalanche organization.

We're thrilled to be adding Valeri, Nicolas, Ryan and Logan to our NHL squad as we continue to build towards a deep playoff run as well as replenishing some prospect depth with the very promising Jeremy Poirier. 

We're pretty happy with our roster as is now but we'll continue to explore anything that helps push us further this year. With that, the Avs updated roster:

ROSTER2.thumb.jpg.3cebd561f5dad9f10fad49ead6934cba.jpg

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

RECALL: The Nashville Predators recall F Nicolas Deslauriers from Kansas City and place him on the active roster.

He will be dispatched on a Byron Bitz role for now and placed on our top line. (just doing this for the memes c2x, he can just be placed on our NHL roster. I'll have a full roster update once Hunt clears and Norris is recalled)

@Rush17 Tell your boy Clifford to keep his head on a swivel! We ain't giving back 4th place!

Byron Bitz Hits Kyle Clifford, Gets Ejected From Game 1 Between Canucks,  Kings - SBNation.com

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Sergei Bobrovsky said:

RECALL: The Nashville Predators recall F Nicolas Deslauriers from Kansas City and place him on the active roster.

He will be dispatched on a Byron Bitz role for now and placed on our top line. (just doing this for the memes c2x, he can just be placed on our NHL roster. I'll have a full roster update once Hunt clears and Norris is recalled)

@Rush17 Tell your boy Clifford to keep his head on a swivel! We ain't giving back 4th place!

Byron Bitz Hits Kyle Clifford, Gets Ejected From Game 1 Between Canucks,  Kings - SBNation.com

I am DEFINITELY putting him there :lol:

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Sergei Bobrovsky said:

You don't need to give it back. I am going to take it back. :bigblush:

200.gif

Edited by Rush17
  • Upvote 1

1125292361_TBLHEADER.thumb.jpg.c9317a953c75caf5e74b07ca3ab108c1.jpg

Mid season update -

After a strong start and despite great efforts from a number of amazing players, I've decided the team needs an overhaul/retool.

When I was hired in December I was comfortable in my decision to leave the existing roster in tact and try to add to what I believed was a contending core, and I did. The core former GM's had built was insulated with a bunch of depth UFA's and we tried to push what I believed would be a strong team, and they are a strong team, could make the playoffs for the next number of years, however I don't see this team ever being a dangerous playoff team built the way it currently is.

TBL needs youth in the pipeline in order to ice a more balanced lineup in the future and players on entry contracts that actually produce something.

Maybe if this roster was in the Western Conference I wouldn't be making this decision, but the East is so strong and I want to set this team up for a better future.

I moved out picks and spent to the cap ceiling on UFA's, but I'm just not seeing the results I expect to make it sensible to continue on this push.

So with that, TBL will be listening to offers on all players. Don't bother to ask on McDavid unless you're willing to make a trade you shouldn't make.

I look forward to speaking with my fellow GM's in the future.

Regards,

LL

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1