The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

Hey guys, 

I know we have all built our rosters according to the current scoring system but I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts would be if we added 

0.1 per hit

0.1 per blocked shot

0.1 per face-off won

0.1 per shot on goal

Could add an element of realism to our league?

• Thanks 1

Just now, da.moose said:

Hey guys, 

I know we have all built our rosters according to the current scoring system but I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts would be if we added 

0.1 per hit

0.1 per blocked shot

0.1 per face-off won

0.1 per shot on goal

hey @da.moose i've run the numbers and weird but these additions would push Washington ahead in all departments :huh:, but on a serious note I think it could be something to look into during the offseason sure. I just wonder out loud about things like shots on goal and hits. I mean Cal Clutterbuck back in the day was gifted so many hits he didn't take and some rinks pad the shots and hits too. But maybe this is hapening in stats we track already I dunno. Interesting idea. Thanks for bringing this up.

18 minutes ago, da.moose said:

Hey guys, 

0.1 per hit

0.1 per blocked shot

0.1 per face-off won

0.1 per shot on goal

image.gif.2aecae46c73ce8001390f84712b3c4ad.gif

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

hey @da.moose i've run the numbers and weird but these additions would push Washington ahead in all departments :huh:, but on a serious note I think it could be something to look into during the offseason sure. I just wonder out loud about things like shots on goal and hits. I mean Cal Clutterbuck back in the day was gifted so many hits he didn't take and some rinks pad the shots and hits too. But maybe this is hapening in stats we track already I dunno. Interesting idea. Thanks for bringing this up.

It would dramatically change the dynamic of the league overnight. Top six centers would become more valuable due to their increased faceoff wins, to the detriment of top six wingers; bottom six wingers would become more valuable due to their propensity to hit more, to the detriment of bottom six centers; and Chris Tanev becomes the most valuable defenseman :mad:

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Azzy said:

It would dramatically change the dynamic of the league overnight. Top six centers would become more valuable due to their increased faceoff wins, to the detriment of top six wingers; bottom six wingers would become more valuable due to their propensity to hit more, to the detriment of bottom six centers; and Chris Tanev becomes the most valuable defenseman :mad:

0.1 per stat wouldn't change things too much. But ya some guys would have added value.

• Cheers 2

A fantasy league I was in years ago tracked hits and blocked shots. Adds a bit of fun for guys with a bunch of plugs on their roster but doesn't have much effect overall. 

There was definitely more hitting back then too.

Not sure I like faceoff and SOG points though.

3 hours ago, da.moose said:

Hey guys, 

0.1 per hit

0.1 per blocked shot

0.1 per face-off won

0.1 per shot on goal

The question is, is there a website for tracking purposes that supports those categories. I haven’t looked tbh.