The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

On 2/13/2021 at 11:01 AM, ActionJax09 said:

Here is a question for all 30 GM’s...

If you had Jake Allen and his 40 pool points instead of your current backup, would you be higher in the standings?

No need to answer, just think about it. 

I have a question for 1 GM.....

If you had Jake Allen and his 40 pool points instead of the 10 or 25 from your two active roster goaltenders respectively, would you be higher in the standings? ....yes....

something to think about :bigblush:

• Haha 1

On 2/15/2021 at 10:42 AM, Primal Optimist said:

Not too sure about faceoff wins and shots on goal, but I have wanted hits and blocked shots to get some recognition for years and years, good suggestion! 

My rebuttal to the often heard "every rink tracks it differently" is this: 

Yes every rink is slightly off on the stats they assign for Hits, Blocked Shots, Face Off wins and shots on goal, but the thing of it is that not one of us is in a position to alter the outcomes in our own favour in any of the rinks where our fantasy players play, so the outcomes are generally random, where they may give slightly more or give slightly less of the actual quantities of each: they are done with the eyes on the game real time attempt to log the events as they occur. No one fantasy GM would have any advantage over another with the anomalies and so for me the objection is a moot point. The one or two exceptional hitters who "might" get padded hit stats for instance, are the REASON for the suggested additioin of those points: to recognize the value those hits bring to the real life club. 

I have always felt that for realism keeper leagues should strive to include points for things that make a player valuable in the NHL. If hitting and blocked shots are a bonus for a real team they ought to be a bonus for a fantasy keeper team. 

The low point values seems arbitrary, but I am game for any point values. In other years, about three years ago maybe four, I posted about the quantity of players this would affect on the Hits side: it was like 12 players that would have a significant bump to their fantasy values from hits: and arguably the 12 biggest hitters in the NHL deserve that value or else they are just 4 million dollar anchors on our fantasy teams.

That is all i got. WOn't beat the horse, whatever the outcome is, I am game. Shots on goal not so much a fan of: the big shoots will get their points from the ones that go in. Face offs won would be neat too, in that it would be a very small number of players who are affected who arguably deserve that added affect.

Shrug. Hope the league looks into this. 

I have brought up hits and blocked shots at least several times over the years and have met resistance.  I'm more than happy to look at implementing it if the membership decides it's something we want to include.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

after what we believe has been a very transformative year, we felt the need to turn over a new leaf. what better way to do so than renaming our affiliate team, something that has zero impact on anything. 

and with that, we would like to introduce you to 

The Langley Hornets

d2i5gbef2xvkvgg4g4bpygfo4 (1).gif

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

The Blues have been very solid so far.

All Players on the Roster has played NHL Games yet, Last Night Dakota Mermis made his Season Debut.

Sekera and Helm has been injured or on Covid Protocol most of the Time, hope both can show up again in the next Weeks. 

Some guys are behind expections but all in all the Blues are on a good Way. 

2 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

I have brought up hits and blocked shots at least several times over the years and have met resistance.  I'm more than happy to look at implementing it if the membership decides it's something we want to include.

Totally! My comment was more meant as advocating for other GM's to get on board and vote yes if this change suggestion is put to a vote. I remember the other discussions on it and if i recall we were about 40/60 on the changes, but that was before a lot of turnover on GM's! Hoping we can vote on changing for the next season and fullly support the idea, provided the points are fractional, not a 1 point for one action level of points, but zero.something. Good to hear we will discuss it officially as a league again!

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

To anyone freaking out about updates.... 

chill calm down GIF

I actually think this year has been pretty good for updates.  A touch behind at the moment, but all will be caught up today.  Taking the morning to get all the updates needed on my update page, and this afternoon I'll be putting everything in.

I agree this year has been one of the best in recent memory, thank you for that!

1 hour ago, Sludge said:

after what we believe has been a very transformative year, we felt the need to turn over a new leaf. what better way to do so than renaming our affiliate team, something that has zero impact on anything. 

and with that, we would like to introduce you to 

The Langley Hornets

d2i5gbef2xvkvgg4g4bpygfo4 (1).gif

this announcement has some Buzz to it!

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I have a question for 1 GM.....

If you had Jake Allen and his 40 pool points instead of the 10 or 25 from your two active roster goaltenders respectively, would you be higher in the standings? ....yes....

something to think about :bigblush:

But then I would have to bring him up. To do that I would have to put Hutton on waivers and potentially lose an asset for nothing.  Asset management. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

To anyone freaking out about updates.... 

chill calm down GIF

I actually think this year has been pretty good for updates.  A touch behind at the moment, but all will be caught up today.  Taking the morning to get all the updates needed on my update page, and this afternoon I'll be putting everything in.

freaking out man GIF

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

I think that if an amendment to the scoring structure were to be approved, there should be ample time provided for teams to restructure. 

The only negative in previous votes and discussions, that I found had merit, was that all of us currently have teams geared towards the current scoring structure, so we’d all need strategic time to make moves and prepare, like for an expansion draft. 

under regular scheduling I always thought announcing it at approx Christmas for the following season would be fair. Give a TDL run to make moves, and an off season to recalibrate... 

just thoughts. 

16 minutes ago, greensman said:

I think that if an amendment to the scoring structure were to be approved, there should be ample time provided for teams to restructure. 

The only negative in previous votes and discussions, that I found had merit, was that all of us currently have teams geared towards the current scoring structure, so we’d all need strategic time to make moves and prepare, like for an expansion draft. 

under regular scheduling I always thought announcing it at approx Christmas for the following season would be fair. Give a TDL run to make moves, and an off season to recalibrate... 

just thoughts. 

I agree fully but due to this year's weird schedule I think if we came up with a structure for next season a month or so before the deadline that would give managers time to prepare.

On 2/13/2021 at 4:21 PM, da.moose said:

Hey guys, 

I know we have all built our rosters according to the current scoring system but I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts would be if we added 

0.1 per hit

0.1 per blocked shot

50 per win by Freddy Andersen

0.1 per shot on goal

Could add an element of realism to our league?

I'd have no complaints with this.

• Haha 1