The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

35 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I was going to say, it seems that you are cooling off instead of warming up.

Just don’t get too cold my friend.

Hopefully it’s just a stomach bug or something similar.

Get better soon!

I know. I’m happy to see a lower temperature. Want it to stay that way. 

• Cheers 2

32 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't think there are vaccines for any corona virus, currently.

The common cold is instantly mutating, some are worse than others, and in this case a lot worse.

I expect they're enough incentive to actually research better treatment. We dont have to be immune, but we do need to treat it effectively. Drugs will be our salvation from this, not immunity.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Much thanks, BarnBurner. I’ve been doing a lot of deep breathing and holding of breath. Will take the advice and lie on the stomach. 

You're welcome. We're all in this together.

Be well! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

The common cold is instantly mutating, some are worse than others, and in this case a lot worse.

I expect they're enough incentive to actually research better treatment. We dont have to be immune, but we do need to treat it effectively. Drugs will be our salvation from this, not immunity.

Although there is already 8+ strains of Covid 19 the mutation is very minimal. Because of that fact a vaccine is very likely. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, stawns said:

For me, the burning lungs have been the one thing I haven't experienced with cold/flu.  My breathing has been ok, bit my lungs were on fire for two weeks

I definitely took a step back today and have a bit of a dry cough and sore throat today.  Still no fever and my lungs aren't burning much ATM.  I'm back to feeling a little drunk too.

The main thing to watch for is breathlessness.  If you can’t get your breath, go to ER

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think so. Breathing is a bit of a deal, but my temperature is actually lower than it normally is. I measured at 37 this morning, and now it’s 34.5. 

The worst part has been the gastrointestinal stuff which I’ll spare you any details of.  :lol:

Thanks for checking in, CBH. It is appreciated. 

Have you been in an ice bath?  Your normal should be 37.  Maybe your thermometer is not accurate.  Anyway keep an eye on your breathing, if it gets worse (breathlessness) with fever, go to ER. Take care of yourself Blunt. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

They have almost 400k cases, and 10k deceased.  That's not 55%

The amount of cases doesn’t matter.

The Dead and the Recovered are the numbers that count.

Once you have it, you  either die, or recover. There are no other results. 

Those are the two conclusive numbers. 

If the world were to concentrate on those two numbers, the entire thing would collapses 

Edited by Me_

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Weld or nail their doors shut and put bars on the out of the windows. 

Or just weld right into their eyes. Make them see the severity of the situation.

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Me_ said:

The amount of cases doesn’t matter.

The Dead and the Recovered are the numbers that count.

Once you have it, you  either die, or recover. There are no other results. 

Those are the two conclusive numbers. 

If the world were to concentrate on those two numbers, the entire thing would collapses 

I agree.......I was explaining the death rate wasn't 55%

• Cheers 2

41 minutes ago, sonoman said:

Have you been in an ice bath?  Your normal should be 37.  Maybe your thermometer is not accurate.  Anyway keep an eye on your breathing, if it gets worse (breathlessness) with fever, go to ER. Take care of yourself Blunt. 

I had just gone for a walk and was wearing a half face respirator. Maybe that had something to do with it?

Thank you, sonoman. I’ve been tapping into the knowledge of a few of my sisters who are nurses as well. You must be in the medical field. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Boudrias said:

That is great news. Any plans to return to BC? We have been seeing pics of tourist sites that are absolutely packed. That would make me nervous about a reboot. 

Going back in the summer hopefully if the virus is gone.

5 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I'm no expert but I was under the impression that you couldn't? I thought that because there is so many different strains of the common cold it would be impossible to create a vaccine but you couldn't get the same virus twice? Unless of course your immune system is compromised and your body isn't able to make up enough antibodies to fight it off the second time. Anyhoo that's what I had learned at some point in my life but things change. All I know is this virus is a doozie and I don't want it. 

I’m not sure either, Joey. However, nobody should be. Especially when relying on unproven parallel treatments for other conditions.

5 hours ago, spur1 said:

Do you have any idea how many different strains of the common cold there is? You get immunity to the strain every time. When my wife worked at the school there was years I got a cold 5 frigging times. That is why there is no cure or vaccine...too many strains. 
Sorry but an uninformed post. 

Maybe you should stop licking door knobs?

The point is, nobody knows if licking door knobs will create immunity to this. It’s drawing parallels to what you think you already know, putting you self and others at risk. 

“A study on recovered COVID-19 patientsin the southern Chinese city of Shenzhen found that 38 out of 262, or almost 15% of the patients, tested positive after they were discharged. They were confirmed via PCR (polymerase chain reaction) tests, currently the gold standard for coronavirus testing. The study has yet to be peer reviewed, but offers some early insight into the potential for re-infection. The 38 patients were mostly young (below the age of 14) and displayed mild symptoms during their period of infection. The patients generally were not symptomatic at the time of their second positive test.” - Link

Jumping to unproven conclusions is hardly being informed. It is exactly what will keep this thing going or fuel subsequent waves. Until scientists give me the thumbs up to start licking door knobs, I’ll leave that weird little task to you. 

• Haha 1