The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, GSP* said:

Richard Zussman

NEW - British Columbia no longer providing individual case information to families about COVID cases. Schools will instead report out attendance if it drops below 'typical rates'. #bcpoli

A pretty sweet bomb to drop 3 days before schools open. 

They will be closing again very soon. 

15 minutes ago, GSP* said:

Bonnie says students with Covid positive family members at home can still come to school and can also come to school with “mild symptoms” themselves if they wear a mask. What is going on here. 

Is that true? 

1 minute ago, GSP* said:
Sorry I'm not good at embedding tweets  but...

@TeriMooring @bctf Our PHO just said that the children of Covid+ families could go to school. They could even go with “mild symptoms,” so long as they wear their mask. This supposed doctor is not going to keep #bced safe - are you? Are you going to help is to keep our kids safe?

Hilarious! Dr. Bonnie Henry just told parents if your child is mildly ill in a house full of covid positive adults, ITS OK to send them to school. Then double backed and said to use your judgement.

You’re not gonna hide from this wave if that’s what you think. At home or at school the likelihood of kids catching it is high.

I think the new plan is to have a somewhat controlled spread of this variant. They now know the symptoms are fairly mild for most of the population and will provide you with better immunity after getting it.

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, GSP* said:
Sorry I'm not good at embedding tweets  but...

@TeriMooring @bctf Our PHO just said that the children of Covid+ families could go to school. They could even go with “mild symptoms,” so long as they wear their mask. This supposed doctor is not going to keep #bced safe - are you? Are you going to help is to keep our kids safe?

Hilarious! Dr. Bonnie Henry just told parents if your child is mildly ill in a house full of covid positive adults, ITS OK to send them to school. Then double backed and said to use your judgement.

our PHO says children with Covid symptoms can go to school. Is this part of your plan? Infect every Canadian? If you don’t do something this weekend you really are complicit. #bced #bcpoli #cdnpoli #firebonniehenry #fireBonnie
Quote Tweet

Irene Corman

@corman_irene
· 31m
Replying to @tracysherlock
Actually she said if they have mild symptoms and wear a mask they can go to school.

These are just common folk saying stuff.  I didn’t hear dr. Bonnie say that kids with Covid symptoms can attend school.  I would need to see an actual direct quote from her.  

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

These are just common folk saying stuff.  I didn’t hear dr. Bonnie say that kids with Covid symptoms can attend school.  I would need to see an actual direct quote from her.  

Could only follow the conference through twitter today so it's definitely possible there's misinformation flying about. If I am able to find a direct quote I'll definitely provide it.

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Exactly! Unless they’re directly associated with the UN or WHO they are are not credible!!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

1:27:00

"Particularly children with mild illness or less likely to have symptoms, yes we are still allowing children to go to school in those settings."

Maybe she means the infected person at home and not the student? Confusing.

Edited by GSP*

5 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

Exactly! Unless they’re directly associated with the UN or WHO they are are not credible!!

I don’t understand what you’re getting at.  But dr. Bonnie said people with cold like symptoms, who are not in a vulnerable group - the most vulnerable group is the unvaccinated - should assume they have Covid and stay home until symptoms clear up.  

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

https://www.facebook.com/CityNewsVAN/videos/1107719130003185/

1:25:15 was when the question was raised by CBC.  The answer at around 1:25:45 confirms attendance at school of students with family members who are dealing with the illness.

Family members, but the students themselves aren’t symptomatic.  I’m waiting for the quote where she said students with symptoms can attend school.  I didn’t hear her say that.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Family members, but the students themselves aren’t symptomatic.  I’m waiting for the quote where she said students with symptoms can attend school.  I didn’t hear her say that.  

He said, that she said, what everybody said, lots of people say.

Lesson I learned in Cubs as a kid.

At a weekend camp we sat in a circle and  the troop leader whispered  a phrase, like " Asparagus stinks" to the kid on his  left and told him to pass it on.  That phrase all around the circle.

When the phrase got back to the originator, it was completely different from how it started.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, GSP* said:

Bonnie says students with Covid positive family members at home can still come to school and can also come to school with “mild symptoms” themselves if they wear a mask. What is going on here. 

we will send them home immediately.  

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

n/m.  She prefixed it with "children who have mild illness and less likely to have symptoms".

students with any symptoms who haven't been tested will be sent home immediately at my school.  We've done it twice this week already with essential worker kids

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

n/m.  She prefixed it with "children who have mild illness and less likely to have symptoms".

Still waiting.  Just because you use quotation marks, that doesn’t make it a direct quote.  Where is the reference?  

I didn’t hear dr. Bonnie say symptomatic students can attend school.  

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

You’re not gonna hide from this wave if that’s what you think. At home or at school the likelihood of kids catching it is high.

I think the new plan is to have a somewhat controlled spread of this variant. They now know the symptoms are fairly mild for most of the population and will provide you with better immunity after getting it.

100% what we're trying to do.  IF we don't, everything is going to collapse for up to a month..........not just the systems like educations, medical, rcmp, but businesses, grocery stores, gas stations etc.  We need to drag that out over as long of a time frame as we can

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

100% what we're trying to do.  IF we don't, everything is going to collapse for up to a month..........not just the systems like educations, medical, rcmp, but businesses, grocery stores, gas stations etc.  We need to drag that out over as long of a time frame as we can

Would that be such a bad thing? Give society back to the people, survival of the fittest. I believe in science and to coddle the weakest and useless members of society is not science. Not according to Darwin anyways. 

• Haha 2
  • RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

Would that be such a bad thing? Give society back to the people, survival of the fittest. I believe in science and to coddle the weakest and useless members of society is not science. Not according to Darwin anyways. 

Well then, if you need medical attention, then stay home.  Survival of the fittest.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.  This mindset 100% means you fend for yourself.  So do it bud.  Get sick, fend for yourself.  Get hungry.  Fend for yourself.  That is survival of the fittest.  Something tells me you talk a big game, but nowhere near walk the walk.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1