The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

6 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Unfortunately , through sheer boredom, I watched the Tiger guy series on Netflix and after watching the actions of those involved in the program(All of them, not just the tiger guy), seeing Trumps actions and seeing what news casts shows on Fox and CNN, I can clearly see what the US's true colors are.

People are throwing out there values, ethics and morals for their own personal gain. 

People will stoop to "no end" to get what they want. Its truly sad to see to watch people hoard TP and buy and try to sell "Life saving equipment" at outrageous prices for profit its sickening. I truly am ashamed today of being a human being and being a part of the human race. 

Seems like every second show is about crime and evil people these days.

I haven't seen this show, I don't watch many these days. But what's the attraction? is it similar to why some people slow down to look at car accidents?

Edited by bishopshodan

13 hours ago, BPA said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/6806812/coronavirus-mexico-ventilators-us-plant-closed/amp/

Coronavirus: Mexico closes U.S. plant for refusing to sell ventilators

This is what happens when Trump tries to prevent sales to countries that need much needed medical supplies. 

yup. Canada and Mexico together could cripple a lot of US production of supplies. The only thing saving the US from that is most of us don't think like Trump. 

I can't blame the Baja governor for doing this, his citizens are working at the plant but can't buy any of the equipment? thats pretty vile. 

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Seems like every second show is about crime a evil people these days.

I haven't seen this show, I don't watch many these days. But what's the attraction? is it similar to why some people slow down to look at car accidents?

Yes some things are just so outrageous you just have to stop and look. Its like when Trump says something and you go, did he really say that? Is he really the President of the United states? ::D

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Seems like every second show is about crime and evil people these days.

I haven't either...won't bother.

It's kind of sad that we're intrigued by some of the stuff we are.   It gives it a platform and perpetuates it.  

Also...I wish I could go to BC Ferries and highstick every single person in the line up with a hockey stick through their open car windows.  "GO/STAY HOME"

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's kind of sad that we're intrigued by some of the stuff we are.   It gives it a platform and perpetuates it.  

Also...I wish I could go to BC Ferries and highstick every single person in the line up with a hockey stick through their open car windows.  "GO/STAY HOME"

While the people are absolute bottom feeders in the end there is a legitimate, important message being conveyed.  There are 4000 wild tigers left on the planet, but in the US alone there 5000-10000 captive tigers being exploited by the absolute dregs of society.

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Also...I wish I could go to BC Ferries and his every single person in the line up with a hockey stick through their open car windows.  "GO/STAY HOME"

My buddy watches a lot of shows. 

He'll always tell me about them. I started to realise, a very high percentage glamorise criminals and their life styles. 

But maybe it's always been this way, it's strange the violence, crime and death that is shown. But they will still put restrictions on language and the naked human body.

Speaking of violence, swing away at those terminals Deb. The island highway was packed with people travelling off the ferry, along with large groups of 'Sons of Anacrchy' going for a ride up Island.

Nikki Haley backs investigation of WHO's COVID-19 response: America deserves answers

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nikki-haley-united-nations-world-health-organization-coronavirus-response

"I mean, look at the timeline," Haley exclaimed. "You have got December 30th: Taiwan goes and tells the WHO, 'We believe and have evidence that there is human-to-human transmission.' Then you have January 14th: The head of the WHO, Tedros, says, 'We don't see any evidence of human-to-human transmission. Then you go a week later and they have an emergency meeting to decide if this is an international crisis."

"They don't make a decision that day," she continued. "Instead, Tedros travels to China to go meet with them. It is a week later [that] he comes back and says they decide, 'OK, this could be an emergency, but you don't need to limit travel and you don't need to limit trade.' Yet, the president does it anyway and Tedros criticizes him for doing that."

"The American people have every right to ask the WHO questions. The American people deserve to know why Taiwan was ignored and China was listened to. Those are real questions that we need real answers [to]," she told the 

• Cheers 4

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

While the people are absolute bottom feeders in the end there is a legitimate, important message being conveyed.  There are 4000 wild tigers left on the planet, but in the US alone there 5000-10000 captive tigers being exploited by the absolute dregs of society.

Oh I know it....I just can't watch anything related to the exploitation and abuse of animals.  Sticks with me.

Elephants too...all those rides and circuses that "use" them?  It's not pretty.

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's what happens when the "privileged" are allowed to do what they want. Tigers are looked at like "objects" and not living beings. Its funny when the Tiger King was pouting about being in jail he said, "Being caged is like taking away your soul" or something like that. Pretty funny for a guy who caged Tigers for a living as he was saying he cared for them deeply. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Nikki Haley backs investigation of WHO's COVID-19 response: America deserves answers

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nikki-haley-united-nations-world-health-organization-coronavirus-response

"I mean, look at the timeline," Haley exclaimed. "You have got December 30th: Taiwan goes and tells the WHO, 'We believe and have evidence that there is human-to-human transmission.' Then you have January 14th: The head of the WHO, Tedros, says, 'We don't see any evidence of human-to-human transmission. Then you go a week later and they have an emergency meeting to decide if this is an international crisis."

"They don't make a decision that day," she continued. "Instead, Tedros travels to China to go meet with them. It is a week later [that] he comes back and says they decide, 'OK, this could be an emergency, but you don't need to limit travel and you don't need to limit trade.' Yet, the president does it anyway and Tedros criticizes him for doing that."

"The American people have every right to ask the WHO questions. The American people deserve to know why Taiwan was ignored and China was listened to. Those are real questions that we need real answers [to]," she told the 

To me, that sounds like they investigated, which is what they're supposed to do.  By Jan 31 they had issued a global health emergency.  They don't run any countries, it's up to leaders to take action

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

My buddy watches a lot of shows. 

He'll always tell me about them. I started to realise, a very high percentage glamorise criminals and their life styles. 

But maybe it's always been this way, it's strange the violence, crime and death that is shown. But they will still put restrictions on language and the naked human body.

Speaking of violence, swing away at those terminals Deb. The island highway was packed with people travelling off the ferry, along with large groups of 'Sons of Anacrchy' going for a ride up Island.

My ex told me about the show...he watched it and is somehow taken in by the criminal element and personalities of those involved.   

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Oh I know it....I just can't watch anything related to the exploitation and abuse of animals.  Sticks with me.

Elephants too...all those rides and circuses that "use" them?  It's not pretty.

No argument here, but many people think it's just trash tv or glorifying criminals when it's actually sending a message.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

That's what happens when the "privileged" are allowed to do what they want. Tigers are looked at like "objects" and not living beings. Its funny when the Tiger King was pouting about being in jail he said, "Being caged is like taking away your soul" or something like that. Pretty funny for a guy who caged Tigers for a living as he was saying he cared for them deeply. 

Agreed

To me it didn't glorify anything, it shine on a light on the disgusting people exploiting these animals.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

No argument here, but many people think it's just trash tv or glorifying criminals when it's actually sending a message.

Thanks for the info stawns, maybe I will watch it, I'm a huge animal lover.

My bud told me to watch 'Biggest Little Farm' which I did.....ugh, lots of animal suffering due to ambitious, yet unqualified dreamers trying to do a perfect natural balance farm while also trying to be a productive business. 

Not a 'bad' show though.

How dare this vile piece of crap wear our team's sweater.  Out him if you recognize him.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/04/10/man-elevator-video-spit-covid-19/

'I couldn't believe it, I was beside myself': Man filmed spitting on elevator panel in Vancouver building

Last Updated Apr 10, 2020 at 9:12 pm PDT

elevator-incident-april-10-2020.jpg
(Image via Twitte/mariehui)

SUMMARY
share.png

A video showing a man spitting on the elevator panel in an Olympic Village building worries, disgusts neighbours

share.png

Marie Hui who lives in the building was outraged, and took to Twitter to share the video

share.png

Police officers and retail workers have been confronted with threats of spitting, coughing amid pandemic

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) — Marie Hui took to Twitter after getting her hands on footage apparently showing someone spitting on the elevator buttons in her Olympic Village building.

Residents of the building at First Avenue and Quebec Street have a Facebook group, and questions about saliva spattered on the elevator panel surfaced online Friday.

Hui didn’t shoot the video, but says she saw evidence firsthand.

“I actually was in the elevator and saw the spit, and I obviously didn’t touch any part of it,” she says. “I’m just completely disgusted, especially during this pandemic.”

Then someone showed Hui the video.

“I couldn’t believe it. I was beside myself knowing that this guy was here, knowing that he spat on a place where people have to press buttons.”

She said she was particularly shocked because all of her neighbours in the building have been careful, and the building has been diligently cleaned.

“This is a major shock. Everybody here has been very respectful of everybody’s space,” she said, adding people have been waiting for the next elevator when they see someone else on board.

Since COVID-19 is transmitted by droplets and people are being told to stay home and practise physical distancing, Hui says the incident left her feeling vulnerable.

“I don’t want him to endanger anybody, any of my family members here, anyone who lives here, anybody else in this city,” she said.

“We’re all kind of on high alert when it comes to our health right now, and our well-being and we all want to keep our distance from other people especially strangers. It’s just really concerning when you see something like this.”

RELATED: ‘I stood in total shock’: Woman says stranger coughed in face, claimed to have COVID-19 in Surrey

Hui says she doesn’t recognize the man, and doesn’t think she would if she saw him in the building.

Hui said the video has been sent to the building’s management and the strata council, but her understanding is that the only penalty the man could face is a fine.

NEWS 1130 has reached out to the building to confirm the incident, and find out what is being done.

Police, retail workers report threats of spitting amid pandemic 

Police officers across the country have reported being threatened with spitting and coughing while conducting arrests.

A 24-year-old man from Coquitlam, B.C., was charged after allegedly coughing on three officers during an arrest on Monday.

Vancouver police reported two such incidents Wednesday.

We've had 2 recent incidents where suspects are threatening, coughing or spitting at #VPD officers & claiming to have #COVID19 - both charged with assaulting an officer. So proud of our members showing courage in the face of adversity @VancouverPD

View image on Twitter

Customers have also reportedly threatened to spit or cough on staff at various London Drugs locations in B.C. 

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

My ex told me about the show...he watched it and is somehow taken in by the criminal element and personalities of those involved.   

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Agreed

To me it didn't glorify anything, it shine on a light on the disgusting people exploiting these animals.

I found it hard to watch after awhile after getting to see there true intentions. The lady ,who most likely killed her husband ,was posing as the saviour of the tigers when in fact she was doing exactly the same as the ones she was condemning. She was making money off of them while having no intention of trying to return them to the wild. While watching this I was thinking, "OK these are the Americans who voted for Trump". :lol:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

I found it hard to watch after awhile after getting to see there true intentions. The lady ,who most likely killed her husband ,was posing as the saviour of the tigers when in fact she was doing exactly the same as the ones she was condemning. She was making money off of them while having no intention of trying to return them to the wild. While watching this I was thinking, "OK these are the Americans who voted for Trump". :lol:

I know right...

That bitch Carole baskin 

16 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

hey i have a question, why did Trump wait another 6 weeks to act, beyond when this happened between Taiwan and the WHO? 

• Wat 1