The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

23 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

No it looked like a bit of a slewfoot on the boards...hauled him down but they went down backwards from what I saw.  Like a rug pulled out from under them deal.  But maybe that was AFTER the low blow?

Motte slewfooted him and Gaud got pissed. Glad Gaudette reacted how he did.

Motte took out Hawryluk earlier.  Motte playing with an edge and maybe over it a bit.

Never a bad thing 3 days before the season starts for real. Get ready boys!

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Prolly somethig happened in 2015/16 between U of M and Northeastern that involved them (or maybe Gaud chirps Motte about his just being a HB finalist?)

Gaudette has other things to focus on aside from chirping....like developing an NHL worthy game without the puck...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'm not sure about Lind. Lockwood & Michaelis seem like good bets, I don't think Michaelis is that far off actually (I'd have him on the taxi squad).

Big Mac will already be on the roster, Bailey will be taxi squad - but can help immediately if inserted into the lineup. Then you have Podkolzin coming into the lineup in April, that's going to be exciting. 

I forgot to add Virtanen who if he tops out as a third liner that can move up a few lines when needed is pretty damn good for us

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, fanfor42 said:

Motte slewfooted him and Gaud got pissed. Glad Gaudette reacted how he did.

Motte took out Hawryluk earlier.  Motte playing with an edge and maybe over it a bit.

Never a bad thing 3 days before the season starts for real. Get ready boys!

Motte must of watched Marchand highlights all year.

Tyler Motte + Brad Marchand = Tyad Marchotte

• Wat 2

3 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

wander  who gets cut im hoping louie gets waived finally id rather a young kid  learn in nhl than  emplty net louie his times up in nhl let him drown in ahl 

Literally everyone is hoping for that. I already said Id slam a beer if that happened. Felt weird watching that scrimmage. For the first time in my life I was actually hoping a player wouldn’t play well. Sad really 

4 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

I forgot to add Virtanen who if he tops out as a third liner that can move up a few lines when needed is pretty damn good for us

If Jake can be consistent, even if its a 3rd line role, that'll be so huge. His speed is so important & theres no doubt he can chip in his fair share of offense. 

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

If Jake can be consistent, even if its a 3rd line role, that'll be so huge. His speed is so important & theres no doubt he can chip in his fair share of offense. 

He'll have to worry about Lind/Lockwood in the wings after Pod/Hog join the team in the near future.

• Upvote 1

I suspect cuts tomorrow. Regardless I feel like we are gonna be a very deep team soon. I feel like players like Brisbois and Sautner are going to get passed on the depth chart here but in reality I think could be 6-8th defencemen on other teams. Who would have thought. Our defence is shaping up quite nicely 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1