The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs. United States | Gold Medal Game | Jan. 05, 2021 | 6:30 PM PT

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Don't forget Twitter. I don't know about anyone else, but it seems like social media has become even more of a toxic cesspool over the last couple of years.

Can't be mad at the Americans. They played better when it mattered.

i dont even go on twitter or read comments only when people post clips of the canucks on here.

7 minutes ago, drdeath said:

Just think of the garbage cans in the crowd next year if the US can get out of their group and meet Canada in the medal round :lol:

2 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Zegras in his post-game interview mentioned that the barrel represented their opponent and it was just a way of them to keep a focus by looking ahead “at a time”.

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Zegras in his post-game interview mentioned that the barrel represented their opponent and it was just a way of them to keep a focus by looking ahead “at a time”.

Its not a garbage can it's a barrel but of course the media wants to put a spin on it lol.

I bet the Karens and Kevin's on twitter are raging 

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Garbage can or water barrel it’s still pretty telling that the Americans still care that much about the rivalry when they already won the game

Gotta love when 5 chirps 18  :lol:

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

The optics of the barrel are a tough look. But I can accept their explanation & I think its hilarious. 

This gives us a reason to bring a team USA trash can next time there's a big international game, so I'm in for that ! 

I’m Ok with that

3 minutes ago, nergish said:

Apparently Hockey Canada is trash?

Nice touch there from Zegrass and co. :picard:

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

Christ if you ever played sport at a competitive level you would understand Karen 

if we did that and put usa logo on a garbage can trump would nuke us

6 minutes ago, nergish said:

Apparently Hockey Canada is trash?

Nice touch there from Zegrass and co. :picard:

It’s not a garbage can apparently but even if it were it’s kind of flattering that beating Canada is such a big deal for USA Hockey that they need to display our logo as a trophy. 

• Cheers 2