The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs. United States | Gold Medal Game | Jan. 05, 2021 | 6:30 PM PT

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Reminds me of 2011... It was all but over until people got ahead of themselves and again vastly underestimated the opponent. 

Best team in tournament cruises to the gold medal game facing barely any adversity.  Ends up losing and getting shut out against the best opponent they've played by far.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This one hurts. I had high expectations of Team Canada this year. After watching their performances from the earlier games, I thought there was no way they would lose this year. Well, let's give credit to the USA for their outstanding performance; particularly, Spencer Knight.

$&!# happens in a one game series, my friend. 

Team USA deserved this win. 

Until next year.  That’s the great thing. 

Meh, what do you do. US came to play and played a relentless game. A lot of amazing talent coming from south of the border these days. Canada never had that X factor player and as good as Dylan Cozens played all tourney they lacked that clutch performer tonight. Still proud of our boys and the tournament they played though! 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Congrats to the US, they outplayed us at the beginning - got the goal they needed - then shut it down the rest of the way. We'll get our revenge at the Olympics.

Somewhere Jacques Lemaire is smiling. 

there aloud back at the olympics thought bettman shut that down.