The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 14, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Okay. How long does it take for defending something to be excessive?

I'm not defending anyone. I'm just asking why is everyone so upset over this and stating they should move on

• Wat 2

1 minute ago, lmm said:

I have to say, that I do not understand "banking" cap space

I thought that was not actually possible.

but otherwise I agree.

Isn't the first day of the season like a "high water mark"?

by being as close to the cap as possible + adding LITR gives us a higher "possible cap" if for instance Jim wanted to make a trade for $4M player?

"Banking cap space" is essentially being below the $81.5m cap limit by a certain amount.

For example, if we could stay $3m below it (on average) for the whole season then we could pay for $3m of performance bonuses without having to pay for them next season. However, with Ferland on LTIR, it is likely that we will be above $81.5m for most of the season and will rely on using LTIR relief. This will preclude us from paying for extra performance bonuses this year (there are exceptions to this but for simplicity I am ignoring these).

You are right about a high water mark at the start of the season. That is why JB put our opening roster as close to $81.5m as possible. But we are now past that opening night roster so JB can use the max LTIR relief as required.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

When we were still working at head office. My co-worker had a bag of Doritos. And was eating them with chopsticks. I said "That is bloody brilliant!" 

He said yes, fingers are clean. But the mouth still gets orange.

LOL.

Bud, I know Asia has been on choppies forever, but for about 4 years I've been on them for snacks.  

Doritos, chips, peanuts, those little soya sauce rice crackers with seaweed, it's 100% genius. 

I dare someone to give it a try and tell me it sucks.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

You know hockey season is back when the GDT gets hijacked by negativity and whining just like the Trump or Covid thread, never change CDC never change...

Go Canucks, can Hoggie do it in back to back games!?

Precisely! I came here for Oilers memes! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I like your thinking. We should booze together.

Well, I mean if I leave those beers in the fridge too long they might get TOO perfectly ice cold.. So I'm really just trying reduce waste. Like a hero. An environmental hero. 

Alright luckylager, I will save the planet with you tonight. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

You know hockey season is back when the GDT gets hijacked by negativity and whining just like the Trump or Covid thread, never change CDC never change...

Go Canucks, can Hoggie do it in back to back games!?

:towel:

7 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

"Banking cap space" is essentially being below the $81.5m cap limit by a certain amount.

For example, if we could stay $3m below it (on average) for the whole season then we could pay for $3m of performance bonuses without having to pay for them next season. However, with Ferland on LTIR, it is likely that we will be above $81.5m for most of the season and will rely on using LTIR relief. This will preclude us from paying for extra performance bonuses this year (there are exceptions to this but for simplicity I am ignoring these).

You are right about a high water mark at the start of the season. That is why JB put our opening roster as close to $81.5m as possible. But we are now past that opening night roster so JB can use the max LTIR relief as required.

aha

performance bonus'.

now I get it, I think

I remember some talk about "banking" and the league said it could not be done.

I think at the time some thought we could be below for X number of games then go above late in the season.

thanks for the explaination

5 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Well, I mean if I leave those beers in the fridge too long they might get TOO perfectly ice cold.. So I'm really just trying reduce waste. Like a hero. An environmental hero. 

Alright luckylager, I will save the planet with you tonight. 

I'm an environmentalist too!

Shotgun Fubar GIF by Bent Stick Brewing

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1