The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Ex-Canucks | January 16 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, TVAS2, NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

My worry is how it does sting them and can build into something if they don't quickly come back with a response to set things right.  The mental development of it all because losing can really impact how young players second guess things and start to overthink them.  Want them to have fun out there and do what comes naturally versus being tentative and unsure.  Confidence is such a huge factor in sports.

A good game tomorrow will do wonders in that. 

counting the days until JT is back, imo and I imagine I could be hated for saying thing but imo JT is our best player, Petey skills who will level you given a chance.. 

Edited by iceman64

22 hours ago, AllWeatherFan said:

The only thing that sucks worse than this game is how good Marky/Tanev are both feeling right now. 

Pure Betrayal 

for those who count that more than anything other than a "sport"  I suppose so... I just think the weirdest thing about it was seeing Tan in a jersey other than a Canuck's blue and green but whatever lol  I wish him the best... 

54 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Nice to have our top 6 intact finally. Couldn't get Miller back at a better time.

He'll give the PP a jolt. Gotta be better on special teams or we'll fall behind fast. 

Hopefully. If things still continue to stagnate once Miller returns, hopefully people will look beyond the players. 

6 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I think 2 games is a little small of a sample size to be worrying about production. Every game I've watched all different divisions the skilled players have either lacked consistency or have been pretty much invisible. 

It was pretty obvious last night the Nucks had no legs, just like game seven against Vegas. Plus without the PP, guys like #97, #29, AM who have all had 1 good game because of the PP.

calm down chill out GIF by Bounce

2 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Sounds like TG wondering about the goals Motte scored in the playoffs was something Motte could replicate but I guess it can't hurt to try anything until JT is back..

He's a career 4th liner (at best) that had a lucky week. Asking him to replicate 1st line production is like asking me to be attractive to the opposite sex.

Edited by kanucks25
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kanucks25 said:

He's a career 4th liner (at best) that had a lucky week. Asking him to replicate 1st line production is like asking me to be attractive to the opposite sex.

I wouldn't go that far just yet... but if he can put up 18 beans a season on 4th line and tightens up his D game with some hard core coaching I'd be ok with it but not for a lot of money and if he can move up as he goes and get injury time on the other lines then he maybe ok with that as far as last shot of putting it altogether but he might not even be here if Seattle decides he's worth a shot, who knows but I doubt they'd go after someone else instead, maybe motte or Big Mac etc... but I think it's a bit early to say a career 4th liner just yet about JV but we all can agree the hourglass is ticking for him for sure and it's running out quickly

I remember now why I seldom venture into a PGT after the team loses. It's like walking through a leash-free doggy park that never gets cleaned. Everywhere you go you can't help stepping in crap. Enjoy it while you can, "realistic fans". Our top scorer is coming back and we won't be playing on the road forever.

On 1/17/2021 at 8:27 AM, Junkyard Dog said:

Are people really turning on Peter after 3 games?

Did you guys just forget how he was one of the best players in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs?

Took Mackinnon and Eichel some time to become top players in the league and it often wasn’t a fine a dandy journey along the way. 

If we lose tonight I suppose the pitchforks will be out in full-force, especially if EP doesn’t have a highlight reel play.   For those that forget - we contained McDavid and IMO, the best Possesion player in the league in Drasaitl just a few games ago.   For the most part anyways.   EP will be fine - even if he’s peaked, he’s a PGP player. 

As an aside PPG means power play goals, and often see that used by mistake to mean point per game.   It doesn’t.   PGP means point per game played.   EP, in his limited time so far, two 3/4 seasons - has  already proved he can do that, which is rare in this league, and more importantly so, a little better when it really matters.