The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Ex-Canucks | January 16 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, TVAS2, NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Petey40 said:

Man the people on here saying Tkachuk cut edlers leg on purpose :picard: like I know we don’t like him around here but come on.. that’s such a reach lol

Accidentally on purpose...hey, when opportunity presents (did you look at the pictures?).  

1 hour ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Are you saying other teams didn’t go through streaks or beat up on certain teams?  I cling to last season’s special teams stats because that is the only evidence based on a large enough sample size with our current group of players that we have.  I’m a scientist.  I base my opinion on evidence over a period of time.  I don’t form an opinion based on 3 games.  Maybe our special teams will suck this season?  Let’s wait and see.

Until when, next year?

What's the cutoff for when it's "fair" then?

And you are basing your opinion over a period of time, but are cherry picking results that suit the study in question. Not like a scientist would ever do that though, eh?

• Wat 2

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Accidentally on purpose...hey, when opportunity presents (did you look at the pictures?).  

I did yes, but everything can look intentional if you slow it down or look at it frame by frame. The real time video tells the actual story IMO. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

I did yes, but everything can look intentional if you slow it down or look at it frame by frame. The real time video tells the actual story IMO. 

Or hides it better.

His history helps tell me the story.  Not intentionally cutting him, but put his leg up to impede him and sell it to the refs with the roll around and Edler was the casualty in that.  So dramatic.

But you can buy in to his innocence...not all of us do.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Only thing is we shouldn't be relying on one player to be the focus of the team. The team needs to get it's act together. 

Yep...commented on that earlier.

Although, beyond just on the ice sometimes when you take a real leader out of the room it's glaring.  The energy depletes with that missing piece.  

That's where they have to find that from within...each and every one of them.

I get that, to a much lesser degree.

Have gone for 3 tests so far which means quarantine until you get the negative results back.  Only a few days, but times 3 and I'm so over this COVID deal.   For me, it meant being stuck here alone.  The first time, with no groceries in the house as I wasn't prepared at all.

I get it, JT.  Crappy year is right.