The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Ex-Canucks | January 16 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, TVAS2, NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

First wooo

be interesting to see the Vancouver capitals face the Calgary Canucks. I’m hoping for a good clean game and hope that marky doesn’t go into game winning mode when facing us, and soft goal mode against everyone else 

Edited by UKNuck96
  • Vintage 2

6 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I honestly don't know how this game will go. Flames have a goalie now.

Petey usually does good vs the Flames.

Also Tkachuk and OJ will see each other for the first time since junior I reckon.

Expecting a big game from Petey. He doesn’t like losing, and he hates losing while watching another elite talent have a big night. I see him responding both on a team level, and an individual level, after watching McD put up 4 points, and getting held of the sheet himself, in a 5-2 loss.

I thought before that the new Canadian division would be to the Canucks advantage, and in a sense the travel is a lot easier for them, but the teams are tough. EDM showed that McDavid can take over a game in an instant. CGY has better goaltending, MTL and TOR will be tough challenges, Canucks can't win against WPG, and even OTT will be better this year. 

Pettersson is VAN's best player and he'll need to be. 

• Huggy Bear 1

30 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I thought before that the new Canadian division would be to the Canucks advantage, and in a sense the travel is a lot easier for them, but the teams are tough. EDM showed that McDavid can take over a game in an instant. CGY has better goaltending, MTL and TOR will be tough challenges, Canucks can't win against WPG, and even OTT will be better this year. 

Pettersson is VAN's best player and he'll need to be. 

Never thought the Canadian Division would be easy, in fact I had the exact opposite thought.

Canucks record last season vs. Canadian Teams: 5-10-0 (on pace for 55 points if we play all 82 games against Canadian teams)

Canucks record last season vs. American Teams: 31-17-6 (on pace for 103 points if we play all 82 games against American teams)

If you look at this, the Canucks would be a solid playoff team with 103 points if they only play against American team; On contrast the Canucks would be on their way to last in the league if they only play against Canadian teams.

Now, obviously that's last season and there are ebs and flows throughout the season and if the Canucks were to actually play a fuil season against Canadian teams only, things can balance out. However, looking at this and knowing we are in an all Canadian division does worry me. The fact that we won't have one of our best (if not our best) forward for atleast 10% of the season is a big blow. We will see if this team can adapt and take that next step, if not, we could end up missing the playoffs as there are so little to choose from between #1-#6 in the Canadian Division.

Edited by ruilin96
  • Cheers 1

Seeing Marky swim against the Jets last night tells me that Jim needs to do everything in his power to keep Ian Clark with the Canucks. Marky didn’t look like the Marky of the last 2 years. I like it...I like it a lot. Petey will snipe a few as he is due.

6E20FF85-0F12-4C37-91A7-AD1020BA47A7.gif

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Cheers 1