The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 8, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | TVAS, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

8 minutes ago, bree2 said:

people need to get over this, fire Green, Fire Benning.  and whining about the players that have left. every team in the NHL changes players every year.   now that our team is back home and starting to get days off, i believe things will change and the team will start winning . you got to have faith.! as for Toffoli he only scored against us. he hasn't scored since!  anyways it gets tiring posting about  why those players left.  time to move on!!!

No they don't have to get over it. They can talk about it all they want. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bree2 said:

people need to get over this, fire Green, Fire Benning.  and whining about the players that have left. every team in the NHL changes players every year.   now that our team is back home and starting to get days off, i believe things will change and the team will start winning . you got to have faith.! as for Toffoli he only scored against us. he hasn't scored since!  anyways it gets tiring posting about  why those players left.  time to move on!!!

hey Bree

you are welcome to move on from this... I do not believe you feel it necessary any way.

But some of us are keeping score, and the minus' are far outnumbering the plus' where Jim and Travis et al are concerned.

Time to move on is right, but we might be talking different things here

• Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

No they don't have to get over it. They can talk about it all they want. 

She only likes obsessing about Boeser and talking crap about Virtanen and telling people what they should talk about, which is how awesome Boeser is.

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

10 minutes ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

She only likes obsessing about Boeser and talking crap about Virtanen and telling people what they should talk about, which is how awesome Boeser is.

don't you think you are being childish,  i never mentioned Boeser in my post,    i guess you can say i  i think Hoglander is awesome, and he is, i love Pettersson too,  as for Jake, i am not alone about how he plays!  we all have our favourites

Edited by bree2

You can talk, discuss until your blue in the face, keep throwing crap at the wall hoping something sticks. Theres a dozen posters on here screaming like spoiled brats about coaching, management, contracts, players, etc. I don't think these guys would be happy with anything. I believe most of us can see where the team is heading and have the patience to see it through. There's NO guarantee that any changes you want to see will change much, and I admit no guarantee to won't, but sometimes patience and stability will get you further than blowing everything up when your butthurt. Thats my take and its just as valid as the whiners take. Maybe theres a change maybe not, all part of the ride.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 180sret said:

You can talk, discuss until your blue in the face, keep throwing crap at the wall hoping something sticks. Theres a dozen posters on here screaming like spoiled brats about coaching, management, contracts, players, etc. I don't think these guys would be happy with anything. I believe most of us can see where the team is heading and have the patience to see it through. There's NO guarantee that any changes you want to see will change much, and I admit no guarantee to won't, but sometimes patience and stability will get you further than blowing everything up when your butthurt. Thats my take and its just as valid as the whiners take. Maybe theres a change maybe not, all part of the ride.

And sometime a team is just on the wrong path and needs changes, worked for St. Louis.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

53 minutes ago, bree2 said:

when has a team lost  a top d-man, top goalie, top 2 rw , assistant coach, and scout ?

that looks like the actions of a new GM, but Jim is in year 7

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Tom Sestito said:

alright mr gudbranson better than tanev

look who stepped up to defend HF boards.

is that the best you've got Tom? 

it reminds me of the exchange he had with Brad Richards.

that's some weak straw game - you are unable to quote something because, obviously I've never made that argument, but I imagine you probably know that.

Edited by oldnews

29 minutes ago, 180sret said:

Gotta look at the reasons, you guys would have screamed bloody murder if he signed those contracts. Those players were always showing up in trade threads and now we need them?

I am glad we did not sign Markstrom to that deal

but maybe Jim could have done better earlier, maybe not Marky was giving us an MVP season.

but Toffoli, Tanev and Stecher show Jim really does not have his finger on the pulse of this (that) team

And then bringing in Schmidt, who does not fit the Canuck MO at all.

I don't think the Canucks have had a funny guy in the dressing room since Bieksa left

Schmidt does not fit with the Horvat / Green quiet serious outlook.

I'd like to see Schmidt and Miller take the podium after a game, Just a hunch but I bet they don't get along