The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much longer?

Rate this topic

FijianVike

On 2/20/2021 at 1:14 PM, FijianVike said:

How much longer will Green keep Miller on the top line?

He turns the puck over more than anyone else and does not hustle.  He should be moved to third line, in my opinion.

I agree that is a turnover machine this year.  The "top line" needs some shaking up, no question. 

Miller  Horvat  Virtanen

Hogs  Petey  Boeser

Pearson  Sutter  Motte

Roussel  Beagle  Mac

Gaud

• Like 1

It's all fine and dandy to wait a few more years until the young guys mature and are ready etc. But there are other teams as well, like LA, who are also building something special. In fact, Benning even helped them out by giving them Madden. For what? 17 total games from Toffoli?

23 hours ago, linden17 said:

Him and Myers are pretty much the only two on this team that show emotion and anger when we lose 7-1. It’s also pretty disgusting the lack of reaction when some 6 foot 4 goon is allowed to beat down hoglander and Myers is pinned down by one of their players and nobody does anything but a few little

shoves. There needs to be a bit of a culture change in the room in my opinion 

How the hell is this going to happen though? The core- Bo, Petey, Boes, Huggy are all far too nice, and you aren't going to trade them. Juolevi and Hog both brought a bit of fire this year but that is just going to be doused by those 4 eventually 

Edited by 'NucK™
typo

4 hours ago, 'NucK™ said:

How the hell is this going to happen though? The core- Bo, Petey, Boes, Huggy are all far too nice, and you aren't going to trade them. Juolevi and Hog both brought a bit of fire this year but that is just going to be doused by those 4 eventually 

I know. It starts with Bo but when you see him on the ice being buddy, buddy with the opposing players I don’t think it’s in him. 

5 hours ago, stawns said:

I agree that is a turnover machine this year.  The "top line" needs some shaking up, no question. 

Miller  Horvat  Virtanen

Hogs  Petey  Boeser

Pearson  Sutter  Motte

Roussel  Beagle  Mac

Gaud

Virtanen straight up hasn’t earned that opportunity. I’d move Motte or even Mac to the top line before JV.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 5:50 PM, afan said:

This team is built for losers. If the top unit PP can't score, or even can't enetr the zone in the 1st minute, they will be rewarded 1 more minute to waste on endless passing of the puck. That usually ends with turnovers, odd men rushes and even SH goals against. It's sick to watch them standing still passing the puck until Hughes shot at the blueline hit a crowd.

The Canucks never have puck possession for long. Too many passes end as turnovers. The set play for the 3rd and 4th lines is to give away the puck at center ice by a dump in and go for the change. The way EP and Hughes love to hold on to the puck for too long makes them easy to play against. Just one push or hit will rip them off their pucks and it's another turnover.

Just how much longer will the Canucks keep these coaches?

The Canucks need heavy shots at the point. The problem we have is there is no reason for the PK to put pressure on the blue line. When you have a good shooter on the blue line you force the other team to expand their box to cover him and open up the middle. I don’t know what other option they have with the players provided. None of our D can fire the puck hard enough and on target to create that space. 

11 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

Virtanen straight up hasn’t earned that opportunity. I’d move Motte or even Mac to the top line before JV.

Agree, Anyone over Lazy Jake is a step-up.  He is completely useless and unmotivated.   It's like he's in a constant state of hangover .

5 hours ago, stawns said:

Miller  Horvat  Virtanen

Hogs  Petey  Boeser

Pearson  Sutter  Motte

Roussel  Beagle  Mac

Gaud

Agree that the lines need a shakeup but try telling that to Green.  He's stuck in his ways and hates anything NEW.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Agree, Anyone over Lazy Jake is a step-up.  He is completely useless and unmotivated.   It's like he's in a constant state of hangover .

It’s tragic, I remember watching him dominate in Jr. he was like a dad playing street hockey against kids. I honestly believe that he never regained his shot after his shoulder surgery. It seems like a lifetime ago, but in Jr he was a puckhog with a unbelievable shot while skating at top speed. A straight line player. Another problem is that he was so much more physically advanced then his peers. Now that he doesn’t have that advantage as a pro, he lost his swagger. Everyone can’t be a savvy playmaker. A JV type player can have success in the NHL. He just needs to find another gear. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Convincing John said:

It’s tragic, I remember watching him dominate in Jr. he was like a dad playing street hockey against kids. I honestly believe that he never regained his shot after his shoulder surgery. It seems like a lifetime ago, but in Jr he was a puckhog with a unbelievable shot while skating at top speed. A straight line player. Another problem is that he was so much more physically advanced then his peers. Now that he doesn’t have that advantage as a pro, he lost his swagger. Everyone can’t be a savvy playmaker. A JV type player can have success in the NHL. He just needs to find another gear. 

T.B. Honest, Jakes needs to get outta town and get some new scenery.  He's stuck in rut in this his hometown, hanging with 'his homeys" at the local watering hole and not taking life seriously.   Best think for him is ship him out - far away.  

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

T.B. Honest, Jakes needs to get outta town and get some new scenery.  He's stuck in rut in this his hometown, hanging with 'his homeys" at the local watering hole and not taking life seriously.   Best think for him is ship him out - far away.  

From my own personal experience, I probably would be dead or living behind Lordco if I didn’t leave my hometown. I can’t imagine being a millionaire in that same situation. There are some pretty heavy rumours about JV. Rumours that can’t even be mentioned on here. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, linden17 said:

I know. It starts with Bo but when you see him on the ice being buddy, buddy with the opposing players I don’t think it’s in him. 

Maybe Pod can bring a more intense attitude to the room, but there's only so much one guy can do..

• Upvote 1

Maybe a coaching change is needed. Last year Miller was great. Even Virtanen put up good numbers. While Green might be an OK coach for some teams, he is just a shade better than the previous coach. On the other hand the manager still has Eriksons dilema and an aging Edler to deal with. So last season the Team made Green look good. What happened ? The team knows. In last nights game with a minute left in the first period they let the Oilers score. They would have gone to the room with a 3 nothing lead but that goal was the beginning of the loss. It is time for a new coach and manager maybe a new owner. Seattle is coming soon and its been 50 or so years without a cup. Vancouver fans deserve better.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 2:25 PM, stawns said:

Miller  Horvat  Virtanen

Hogs  Petey  Boeser

Pearson  Sutter  Motte

Roussel  Beagle  Mac

Gaud

Gaud needs more ice time and Miller can play with Sutter and Pearson.

On 2/22/2021 at 11:33 AM, smokes said:

Who would you replace Miller with on the top line? Who is there? Jake? Louie? Gaudette? There is no other top six forward in the group.

Just going to throw this nugget out there and see what happens. Gaudette, although seriously snake bitten, leads the ENTIRE NHL in Scoring Chances Created/60 and is second in the league in High Danger Chances Created/60