The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fans in the stands

Rate this topic

fanfor42

The NHL has reported that currently 11 US based teams have fans in the stands at between 10% and 30% capacity. It is expected that NYI and Buff will add fans shortly bringing the total to 13, over 50% of US based teams will have some fans in the stands at that point.

Unfortunately none in Canada and no plans at this point apparently. 

Teams allowing fans have mask requirements and negative test requirements but it doesn't look like proof of vaccine is a thing yet at this point.

I find it encouraging that this has already started.  I expect they are being careful but it's a good start.  Some teams will be glad to get a few fans even those that regularly don't draw very well in the sunbelt.

Edited by fanfor42
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

The NHL has reported that currently 11 US based teams have fans in the stands at between 10% and 30% capacity. It is expected that NYI and Buff will add fans shortly bringing the total to 13, over 50% of US based teams will have some fans in the stands at that point.

Teams allowing fans have mask requirements and negative test requirements but it doesn't look like proof of vaccine is a thing yet at this point.

I find it encouraging that this has already started.  I expect they are being careful but it's a good start.  Some teams will be glad to get a few fans even those that regularly don't draw very well in the sunbelt.

I've seen highlights from Dallas Stars game and a lot of people don't have a mask in sight

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

America has;

The Columbus variant

The California variant 

The New York variant

The Brazilian variant

The UK variant

The South African variant

This is not going to end well for them. 

10 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Considering the way the team is playing, it's actually a good idea the arena is empty.

Agree , why keep promoting horrible game play and adding money into aquamans pockets, he needs to make a change, dont know what would be best, but he needs to do something

• Cheers 1