The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Expansion Draft Seattle takes Price

43 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

The Canadians talk Carey Price into being selected by Seattle in the expansion draft and Montreal pays a Price 

Seattle selects Carey Price and get 

Cole Caufield from Montreal Canadians for Price's contract and Seattle gives up their 2021 5th round pick. 

No more of these stupid side deals to give Seattle more picks/prospects.

Teams I think learned from being stupid with Vegas. 

• RoughGame 1

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

heh, probably the number one reason for the cap being implemented is that the GMs can't help themselves.  They need such a structure in place to help mitigate some of the stupid things they do.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

A lot would have, but teams in the east have less to lose by making those types of deals vs those in the pacific div who should not be making them 

Edited by UKNuck96
  • Cheers 1

On 3/11/2021 at 12:30 AM, qwijibo said:

Montreal isn’t moving Caufield.  Time will tell if his dude Orr Rhys him from bring a legit threat in the NHL. But he has the skills to be a superstar. 

They have to do something to get out from under that Price contract but they also need to find a replacement. To me, trading Price allows Montreal to re-sign Danault, Suzuki and Kotkaniemi and get a younger goalie in there to support their young core. Price would be a great guy to support Seattle as they follow a different path than Vegas did. Obviously, teams are going to be a lot more conservative this expansion draft but cap space is going to be a premium and Seattle has a a lot of it. I really don't think Seattle will be as successful out of the gate as the Golden Knights but they'll be ready to compete I think in about 3-4 years after the expansion draft. That will probably be when the economy has recovered from the pandemic, the cap starts to go up again and Seattle's young players that they get over the next few drafts start to become superstars. Seattle will have a good shot at getting Shane Wright or Owen Power and I think that'll make them a good young team along with the favorable considerations they'll get via the expansion draft. Just my $0.02 

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

They have to do something to get out from under that Price contract but they also need to find a replacement. To me, trading Price allows Montreal to re-sign Danault, Suzuki and Kotkaniemi and get a younger goalie in there to support their young core. Price would be a great guy to support Seattle as they follow a different path than Vegas did. Obviously, teams are going to be a lot more conservative this expansion draft but cap space is going to be a premium and Seattle has a a lot of it. I really don't think Seattle will be as successful out of the gate as the Golden Knights but they'll be ready to compete I think in about 3-4 years after the expansion draft. That will probably be when the economy has recovered from the pandemic, the cap starts to go up again and Seattle's young players that they get over the next few drafts start to become superstars. Seattle will have a good shot at getting Shane Wright or Owen Power and I think that'll make them a good young team along with the favorable considerations they'll get via the expansion draft. Just my $0.02 

Why do they need to get out of Price’s contract? He’s still capable of being a top tier goalie. Last years playoffs showed thst.  He’s struggled early this year but has been fantastic since they fired Waite.  He’d had the same goalie coach for 7 years.  Clearly it was time for a new voice.  

Caufield could be a prolific goal scorer.  That’s a huge price to pay to fix a problem that isn’t really a problem 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

MTL won't be moving Price. Not for atleast 3 more seasons.

His last 2 seasons he'll be  easily tradeable. After signing bonus paid Price will make 2 mill and 7.5 mill for a total of 9.5 mill for 2 seasons with 10.5 cap hit per season. A smaller market team might look to add him his last 2 seasons... 4.5 mill per season will be better than what we're paying Hotby.

He's still top tier NHL goalie and a leader on that team. They're tryimg to win a Cup with Price. Not move him.. 

• Upvote 1