The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

This AVS STL game has a playoff feel to it.

Physical everyone playing hard goalies are on.. a great fight between Bertoozo and O'Brien

I haven’t been able to get excited about the US games this year but the Canadian games are a lot for fun to watch.

15 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Doesn't count unless it's confirmed.  

True. I did a quick Google search and it shows many ppl have gotten it twice. Confirmed. Some in short period of time some in a longer periods. 

I'm certain my friend had it there. He was messaging all of us here telling us everything he was going thru. Took cpl weeks to get fully normal extended his stay and came back 5 weeks later instead of 2 weeks as planned. 

But no it's not tested and confirmed. 

51 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

You give him far too much credit. 

But I can't say what I think he is here.  I'm just glad some of our media guys are going back at him.  Gently, but sending the message.   Not cool.

What happened?

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Physical everyone playing hard goalies are on.. a great fight between Bertoozo and O'Brien

Would be happy to see Avs win it this year. Exciting team to watch. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What happened?

He's suggested it's unfair that the Canucks will be "rested" and playing teams tired towards the playoffs (if they do resume afterward).

That it's somehow advantageous (to have COVID).  That some players "might not be that sick".  

Nothing like showing concern.

Toronto guy, already lining up excuses for why his team sucks/gets ousted?  "They were off 3 weeks with COVID....I cry foul".

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

13 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Appreciate that you’re bringing the conversation back to hockey, WHL. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

He's suggested it's unfair that the Canucks will be "rested" and playing teams tired towards the playoffs (if they do resume afterward).

That it's somehow advantageous (to have COVID).  That some players "might not be that sick".  

Toronto guy, already lining up excuses for why his team sucks/gets ousted?  "They were off 3 weeks with COVID....I cry foul".

Thanks, deb. Hope you and the family are okay. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Toronto guy, already lining up excuses for why his team sucks?

Yeah, like you really get to rest then come back in 100% game shape one it’s over.......moron.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 3

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I’m really going off topic here but I was just reading how viruses mutate to ensure their survival and it’s in their best interest not to kill their host, well, mosquitoes have been evolving for millions of years, you’d think by now the stuff they inject you with to prevent clotting and makes you itch should have evolved into something that makes you feel good.

there is a great little short story in there

6 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Yeah, like you really get to rest then come back in 100% game shape one it’s over.......moron.

Yeah I imagine some of the players will lose some pounds too. Rested but weak. Why would someone even make that kinda comment right now. Man I hate people 

Edited by Devron44

7 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I haven’t been able to get excited about the US games this year but the Canadian games are a lot for fun to watch.

I watched a bit of the Sens Habs game earlier but switched full time to Canes Stars game half way thru the 1st period.

I watch most Caps and AVS games lately. Also VGK and Canes.

Leafs vs Jets are must watch games too.. watch most Oilers games too.

Honestly at this stage of the season if the Canucks were playing vs Flames right now and this AVS STL game was also on I'd be going back and forth between commercial breaks but mostly watch this AVS STL game..  much more entertaining watching two top tier teams than 2 bottom feeding teams.

It would be Canucks for sure earlier in the season but now it's more fun watching legit cup contenders playing each other over teams not even headed to playoffs. 

This thread's been:  hockey, covid, literature, movies, food, old people, etc.  

It's a free for all, but we're all super stressed so it's become the let it all out thread.

image.png

And mosquitoes, don’t forget mosquitoes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

This thread's been:  hockey, covid, literature, movies, food, old people, etc.  

It's a free for all, but we're all super stressed so it's become the let it all out thread.

image.png

Also, it’s been quite civil which is quite refreshing.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 3

10 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Yeah I imagine some of the players will lose some pounds too. Rested but weak. Why would someone even make that kinda comment right now. Man I hate people 

It's not bring weak, it's damage to the lungs, heart, brain

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

It would be Canucks for sure earlier in the season but now it's more fun watching legit cup contenders playing each other over teams not even headed to playoffs. 

I detect a bit of hockey snobbery here.

Fun is in the eye of the beholder and "legit cup contenders" means nothing because we were in there last playoffs and actually went as far as the Av's despite a tougher route to get there.  

I watch all teams too because I love hockey.  But don't sell this one too short or tune out "at this stage" because they might surprise you.

We are all Canucks.  Hopefully. 

(Hint:  no one knows who's headed to the playoffs until they get there).

Cheers, not interested in backing any of this up.  Too tired of it all.