The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tom Wilson fined $5000... wait, what!?

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Karma is a biatch...to think, it took one of AV's players to make the NHL safe from this lunatic.  Here's to hoping Wilson blown out knee ends his career. 

Beauty of this is that it looks like one of those "accidents" doesn't look like the Philly player extended his legs to make sure he clipped him so won't even get a fine. True karma 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

So he can dish it out but can't take it?

Figures.

Personally having had a severe acl / medialateral knee injury,   Wilson’s knee didn’t hyperextend,  I think it’s a bruise, or a way to get out of the game to gain sympathy ..

id be surprised if he isn’t back when he is needed.. and this is a good way for Washington, and the NHL to protect themselves from the fallout of his previous offences.

I thought Wilson would stick to playing tough, but using his bigger box of skill set 2 years ago..  

I also thought the League was supposed to do better protecting its players..  perhaps the NHLPA needs to set the example of “line crossing” with proper discipline itself.

.. but that in itself is unjust at times, go back to Arron Romes “late hit”.

The irony is Parros, Shannahan , and all the other players who have been head of DOS, are probably still active members of the NHLPA..   you’d think an honest template would exist for discipline now.

I guess we have to wait for someone’s skull to be shattered by way of those “take down” moves or “slew footing” .
If there was ever a moment of hind sight for the NHL / Bettman / Daly  to learn from,. 
it was the game Moore targeted Naslunds head. 

The void of authority by the NHL on that “FIRST” single action completely shows the inadequacy, contempt, and blindness this league possesses.

Yet players tone the heat down still hoping for the proper discipline to be announced by the League.

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Personally having had a severe acl / medialateral knee injury,   Wilson’s knee didn’t hyperextend,  I think it’s a bruise, or a way to get out of the game to gain sympathy ..

id be surprised if he isn’t back when he is needed.. and this is a good way for Washington, and the NHL to protect themselves from the fallout of his previous offences.

I thought Wilson would stick to playing tough, but using his bigger box of skill set 2 years ago..  

I also thought the League was supposed to do better protecting its players..  perhaps the NHLPA needs to set the example of “line crossing” with proper discipline itself.

.. but that in itself is unjust at times, go back to Arron Romes “late hit”.

The irony is Parros, Shannahan , and all the other players who have been head of DOS, are probably still active members of the NHLPA..   you’d think an honest template would exist for discipline now.

I guess we have to wait for someone’s skull to be shattered by way of those “take down” moves or “slew footing” .
If there was ever a moment of hind sight for the NHL / Bettman / Daly  to learn from,. 
it was the game Moore targeted Naslunds head. 

The void of authority by the NHL on that “FIRST” single action completely shows the inadequacy, contempt, and blindness this league possesses.

Yet players tone the heat down still hoping for the proper discipline to be announced by the League.

Problem with the NHLPA is that there are more plugs and fringe players than superstars, so the demographics of the NHLPA is going to sway towards protecting those first and formost. The league is the biggest problem however the NHLPA retains a significant amount of culpability. 

yea protect the fridge players but surely the duty of care to player wellbeing comes first which they seem to have forgotten. They cannot bang the drum about concussions without them acknowledging that they are also part of the problem.

The fact is the Wilson is also the NHLPA rep for Washington so the problem is deep rooted 

• Cheers 1