The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets l May 10, 5 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Is Boeser ok?

I swear to God I will lose it if they're kneeing our guys in the back of the head and it goes unnoticed.

The scale is set: a glancing blow is a game suspension. 

According to what Brock had done...that should be a 5 game sus. Lol 

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

All good my friend.

Look you just have to be specific.  The Canucks cannot be expected to realistically play to a much worse winning percentage in their last 7 games than they played all year right?

So it's reasonable to epect that they will win either 3 or 4 of their last 7 games.

That puts them at 49 or 51 points.  Very likely the ultimate result.

That likeley means 7 - 10 pick.

I get that you want a higher pick but we aren't going to throw games away - these are real people playing for their jobs.

We are out of the race for the top 4 unless we win the lottery. Mathematically Buff and Ana have 1 and 2.  Seattle was gifted 3. NJ lost tonight and with 2 points we finish ahead of them.

So we are 5 to 11 and likely 7 to 10.

it's ok.  The one thing Benning is on a heater for is drafting.  He will get us a good player.

This year of all years, outside of the top 4 I don't know that anyone can realistically say that 5 is for sure better than 11.

So let's go with the positive take and assume that JB will pick a beauty at 7 to 10.

Or, the maybe Green could play the young guns and give them a trial by fire in hopes to benefit next years roster. We would likely end up with a worse win percentage, but these are meaningless games and at lease we could get a real good idea of what we have. Lind, Dipietro, Juolevi, Gadjovich, etc.

Instead, because we haven't signed Green to an extension he will play to win for the rest of the season so at least he can showcase himself to his future employer. Benning will "run out of time" as usual and we will be left with a mid-round draft pick and Ol Jim will try out another AHL coach that can learn the ropes on Aqualini's dime.

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Edmonton 06 stumbled in 

And Montreal had no chance last year either. I think they were the furthest from the playoffs when covid struck. Canucks were actually tied for a spot but people will say they were gifted a playoff spot. Guess Montreal was gifted one this year too 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1