The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets l May 10, 5 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

44 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The thing I like about Hoglander is he doesn't overthink it. If has a chance for a shot, he will simply shoot it.

That’s it!

He’s got the fire of desire, confidence & little or no hesitancy. 

Hogs is a highly-skilled, well-balanced instinctual player.

This hockey-smart kid also has immense respect for his body. He has reached a place in his psyche, where he has total faith in it to find ways to achieve all that he wants it to achieve. 

Those stretch steals, diving-tip passes, shot blocks, corner dekes & opportunistic goals are things of beauty.  

His quest for self-mastery is on-going, so as he continues to gel with new teammates & learn even more about the NHL - the sky’s his limit & his progression will not be stopped, ie: Zetterberg, Datsyuk. I know ^those guys are bigger in stature & play center, but their mentality, NHL-progression & quiet drive to become elite, reminds me so very much of young Höglander.

Edited by viking mama
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Sigh....why can't the Canucks just lose outright...forget this crapola about "playing for next year"...if you are playing for next year where were you when it mattered???

I just want a decent draft pick...

All good my friend.

Look you just have to be specific.  The Canucks cannot be expected to realistically play to a much worse winning percentage in their last 7 games than they played all year right?

So it's reasonable to epect that they will win either 3 or 4 of their last 7 games.

That puts them at 49 or 51 points.  Very likely the ultimate result.

That likeley means 7 - 10 pick.

I get that you want a higher pick but we aren't going to throw games away - these are real people playing for their jobs.

We are out of the race for the top 4 unless we win the lottery. Mathematically Buff and Ana have 1 and 2.  Seattle was gifted 3. NJ lost tonight and with 2 points we finish ahead of them.

So we are 5 to 11 and likely 7 to 10.

it's ok.  The one thing Benning is on a heater for is drafting.  He will get us a good player.

This year of all years, outside of the top 4 I don't know that anyone can realistically say that 5 is for sure better than 11.

So let's go with the positive take and assume that JB will pick a beauty at 7 to 10.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, viking mama said:

That’s it!

He’s got the fire of desire, confidence & little or no hesitancy. 

Hogs is a highly-skilled, well-balanced instinctual player.

This is a hockey-smart kid also has immense respect for his body. He has reached a place in his psyche, where he has total faith in it to find ways to achieve all that he wants it to achieve. 

Those stretch steals, diving-tip passes, shot blocks, corner dekes & opportunistic goals are all things of beauty.  

His quest for self-mastery is always on-going, so as he continues to gel with  other teammates & learn even more about the NHL - the sky’s his limit! 

Whoa, feel like I need a cigarette after reading that. And I don’t smoke. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Can we just fast forward to Vegas and Florida in the finals and get this farce of a season over with?

I wanna see the Panthers win the cup. That’s my team. Furtherest away from the Canucks lol

• Like 1

Just now, fanfor42 said:

All good my friend.

Look you just have to be specific.  The Canucks cannot be expected to realistically play to a much worse winning percentage in their last 7 games than they played all year right?

So it's reasonable to epect that they will win either 3 or 4 of their last 7 games.

That puts them at 49 or 51 points.  Very likely the ultimate result.

That likeley means 7 - 10 pick.

I get that you want a higher pick but we aren't going to throw games away - these are real people playing for their jobs.

We are out of the race for the top 4 unless we win the lottery. Mathematically Buff and Ana have 1 and 2.  Seattle was gifted 3. NJ lost tonight and with 2 points we finish ahead of them.

So we are 5 to 11 and likely 7 to 10.

it's ok.  The one thing Benning is on a heater for is drafting.  He will get us a good player.

This year of all years, outside of the top 4 I don't know that anyone can realistically say that 5 is for sure better than 11.

So let's go with the positive take and assume that JB will pick a beauty at 7 to 10.

Should be able to get Edvinsson or Johnson in that range.  I really like both those guys.

Well with the Habs clinching the final playoff spot, we are officially mathematically out of playoff contention. It was a fun ride. Injuries hampered us all year long but we persevered throughout the year. The future is incredibly bright and can’t wait for what next season will have in store. The remaining games will be exciting to watch as we get to see some kids play

• Like 1