The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets l May 11, 5 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

If the Seattle GM has half a brain, that should be his pick for the expansion draft. Huge fan of the guy a, he's developed at a great pace. He has clearly made himself known to the opposition and has never backed down from a challenge. True warrior and the embodiment of what I believe we all want our Canucks culture to be for the foreseeable future. 

Fortunately he has a whole brain and won't do something this stupid. 

Just now, SirCosmoDuffGordon said:

Fortunately he has a whole brain and won't do something this stupid. 

Right, I forgot how insane our pool of possible picks is. We're probably 31st in the league when it comes to exposable players for the expansion draft. Don't forget that we thought Vegas would take Brendan freaking Gaunce. They took Sbisa lol. Who are they gonna take? 4.5 mil Holtby who can't make a save and is out of position 99% of the time? MacEwen is the right choice for them. I'd be incredibly sorry to see him go. 

25 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

But but......70’s music is crap when compared with sanitized modern music complete with samples of 70s music mixed in.

The last concert I saw was 21 pilots. One guy drumming his ass off. One guy strumming on a guitar in accompaniment to music videos.

I’ll take a 1970s Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Stones, Doors, Deep Purple, Yes, Dire Straits, etc. Concert over that 21 Pilots shizz any day of the week.

I totally agree with you on the music and I don’t mean that in an old guy crapping on modern music kind of way. I was lucky to grow up in a time when some of the greatest bands were touring. Concerts were cheap because bands made decent money on their music and airplay. I’m sure lots of posters on here could tell stories of seeing some of the all-time great bands for next to nothing.  Pirating music (with any kind of quality) wasn’t possible so bands were more fairly compensated so it was generally easier for successful bands to concentrate on quality rather than clicks, likes or views.

Don’t get me wrong there are great bands now and it’s possible for anybody to get their own music out and heard and that’s fantastic. But bad music didn’t used to see the light of day nearly so easily as it does today.  Like always, quantity sacrifices quality.

28 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Right, I forgot how insane our pool of possible picks is. We're probably 31st in the league when it comes to exposable players for the expansion draft. Don't forget that we thought Vegas would take Brendan freaking Gaunce. They took Sbisa lol. Who are they gonna take? 4.5 mil Holtby who can't make a save and is out of position 99% of the time? MacEwen is the right choice for them. I'd be incredibly sorry to see him go. 

You say we as if I had same opinion as you. If MacEwan is as good as you say he is why would JB even expose him? Horvat,Boeser,Pearson,Miller,Motte and? Why wouldn't he just be protected then? 

Edited by SirCosmoDuffGordon

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

I miss manual transmissions being available in more than a sparse and dwindling amount of vehicles :(

We just recently put a 3-4 year old dryer at the curb for spring cleanup because the circuit board that needed fixing was 2/3 the cost of of a new dryer. It's criminal how these appliance  manufacturers are producing this disposable garbage that's doing nothing but causing massive manufacturing, mining, transportation etc waste. We desperately need legislature that holds them financially responsible for those costs.

Yup "right to repair" should be an election issue. 

Driving a stick is a lost art now. 

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

They will take a whole crapload of D to trade later, but I read somewhere that the rules were changed on this from how Vegas did it... though I don't care to re-find it atm.

35 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

oh no! not alexandre grenier darren archibald zack macewen!

Part of me is really confused on why the Canucks struggle so much in the defensive zone this season.

Is it the composition of players? Is it the structure/game plan set out by the coaching staff? Is it both?

I mean on paper looking at our Dcore, the guys I see aren't that bad, if anything it looks fairly decent. Albeit we have four 30+ aged dman (Schmidt to turn 30 in a few months). But all seem capable as dmen. It just puzzles me why in the defensive zone they look so out of sorts. I'm not referring to just the period we see here which is unfair to fully judge, but even prior to the covid issue, we looked very risky.

3 hours ago, yes we can nucks said:

I'm down with that. Give the vets a well deserved rest. Play the kids and the free agents and evaluate them. They'll be motivated to show well for next season. Who knows, their energy might help pull out a few wins.

I'd say only play the players you expect to protect, or who don't have to be protected.  If Gadj's speed is up to NHL caliber, I wouldn't give him a sniff until next season.  They have one spot, and I suspect it goes to Lind.  If they expose Motte, then they would have Gadj too.  The way Holtby has looked the last couple of games, he's no longer a lock for Seattle's pick.

21 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Yup "right to repair" should be an election issue. 

Driving a stick is a lost art now. 

Problem is, we'd need the US to follow suit and good luck with that...

Won't somebody think of the multi-billion dollar corporations! :frantic:

93.jpg

Both my wife and I row our own still in our two mid size cars...but man, especially any larger family sized vehicles it's damn near impossible these days.

27 minutes ago, tas said:

oh no! not alexandre grenier darren archibald zack macewen!

Right, very good comparisons. Grenier and his 9 career points and his fear of using that 6 4 frame is exactly what MacEwen brings to the team. And Archibald lol big boy that never brought any grit. MacEwen is our toughest player and our most capable fighter, who's earned multiple shots in this hectic season on Bo's wing. It isn't for no reason.