The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Reinhart open to a trade back to West Coast

38 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

This outlines a few important points. The Canucks have core players in 2 distinct age groups. Drafting more pieces to add to the core as constructed is rapidly dwindling as an option. I think this season should not be the one they go for it as there is still too much dead cap on the books and wasteful spending this year that doesnt work out as planned could effectively trigger the need for a reset to the rebuild, where guys like Miller and Horvat may need to be traded to get younger guys who can fit with the EP, Hughes, Podkolzin core age guys. Not saying that will happen, but this offseason and next will have a lot of influence over whether or not this core as built can have a contention window as is. In summary, if you can get a 25 or so year old established improvement at forward or RHD with the 9th OA pick, thats an acceptable move for the team at this juncture imo.

I cant see the team getting good enough to compete for the cup while miller and horvat are still on the team, were at least 5-6 years away if we play our cards right. It would be best probably to use them (horvat, miller) as assets like sakic used matt duchene and try n get as many picks as we can. If we draft a mctavish this year he can hopefully take over 2nd line center once we trade horvat. 

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I don’t think it’s only Reinhart that’s going to help this team right? 

Like if they don’t get Reinhart, there’s no other ways to improve the team? 

Why can’t management retain the 9th OA and improve the team through other avenues of trades, UFA signings, etc? 

Might be able to but it will be thru high picks. I just dont see with our cap situation and literally having only 1 tradeable asset (9OA) to improve it. Miller and horvat are too old or will be once we actually become a good team. we could fetch a hell of a haul for both players. We suck at free agency also

8 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Might be able to but it will be thru high picks. I just dont see with our cap situation and literally having only 1 tradeable asset (9OA) to improve it. Miller and horvat are too old or will be once we actually become a good team. we could fetch a hell of a haul for both players. We suck at free agency also

I don’t think Benning will be around by the time Miller and Horvat becomes “too old”. We’ll need some veteran leadership, so I can see the team extending Horvat, but maybe trade Miller for picks and prospects. 

16 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

I cant see the team getting good enough to compete for the cup while miller and horvat are still on the team, were at least 5-6 years away if we play our cards right. It would be best probably to use them (horvat, miller) as assets like sakic used matt duchene and try n get as many picks as we can. If we draft a mctavish this year he can hopefully take over 2nd line center once we trade horvat. 

McTavish might be NHL ready to play this season, no? 

Just now, N4ZZY said:

I don’t think Benning will be around by the time Miller and Horvat becomes “too old”. We’ll need some veteran leadership, so I can see the team extending Horvat, but maybe trade Miller for picks and prospects. 

Yeah whoever takes over will have good pieces around but probably be best to cash in on horvat as much as we can to surround petey with younger guys than he is.

3 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Yeah whoever takes over will have good pieces around but probably be best to cash in on horvat as much as we can to surround petey with younger guys than he is.

You wouldn’t think the next GM might not want to extend Bo? I think he gets better with experience and age. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, N4ZZY said:

You wouldn’t think the next GM might not want to extend Bo? I think he gets better with experience and age. 

I think the new GM needs to realize that this is peteys team not Horvats. We need to build around petey, weve already wasted horvats time here. Whats he had 2 playoffs in 7 years? Doesnt seem fair to him. 

• RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

I think the new GM needs to realize that this is peteys team not Horvats. We need to build around petey, weve already wasted horvats time here. Whats he had 2 playoffs in 7 years? Doesnt seem fair to him. 

Yeah, but you want to hold onto pieces that’ll help you win right? Horvat’s clutch in the postseason. 

I wouldn’t trade Bo unless there was good reason to. Bo’s a great second line centreman, and we still need a third line centreman as well. You go with Petey, Bo, McTavish (if he’s a Canuck). Trade Miller for prospects and picks. 

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, but you want to hold onto pieces that’ll help you win right? Horvat’s clutch in the postseason. 

I wouldn’t trade Bo unless there was good reason to. Bo’s a great second line centreman, and we still need a third line centreman as well. You go with Petey, Bo, McTavish (if he’s a Canuck). Trade Miller for prospects and picks. 

I dont wanna trade him either lol maybe he will sign here but if we dont make playoffs next season i dunno why he would wanna re-sign here. Best if we trade him were ruining his career. 

On 6/19/2021 at 7:01 AM, DeNiro said:

People have been proposing Ristolainen for awhile on here. I don’t get it either.

For 5.4 million if way rather get a 30 point guy that is rock solid in his own end and plays physical.

The following is a quote from an user on the Buffalo Sabres forum:

Ristolainen is not a good hockey player and he isn't going to get better.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

If this team is 5-6 years away we have the wrong GM and Coach right now. I think Miller may be off the team as he will want to get paid on his next deal, so if I was GM I would entertain moving him this off season or next to get assets back. He is just a bit too old and likely will want a big raise, something we can't afford to give him when you have Brck due next summer, Bo the year after, Petey and Hughes depending on the length of both their bridge deals I assume they are gonna sign, to max out on the next deal when flat cap is gone.

Yes, following Colorado in regards to Duchene, Miller is our Duchene to me. hard to see us trading Bo, but honestly I probably would IF we had some legit NHL C's pushing for top 6 minutes...we have none in sight as of now tho. But, does JB make that sort of bold move with Bo or Miller I doubt it

• Cheers 1

On 6/20/2021 at 1:12 AM, Bertuzzipunch said:

It’s not only about who the best offensive player is.  

Bo is the leader of the team. Elias is showing a troubling trend of missing 5%, then 15%, and now 50% of the season due to injuries. 

On 6/20/2021 at 1:12 AM, Bertuzzipunch said:

I could see Miller being our 'Duchene' (unless he's willing to sign a pretty sweetheart deal to stay). But 'Cappy' is going to be our 'Landeskog', he's not going anywhere for a while yet.

Edited by aGENT
  • Vintage 1