The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Reinhart open to a trade back to West Coast

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

Haha yeah I guess podz would qualify. Hogs is a roster player for us so I'd say hes prob valued at a bit more than a top tier prospect, but thats just my opinion

So realistically the fair deal would be: Podz + 9th OA for Reinhardt..

Rather take our chances in the draft and have a great player that can produce for us on an ELC in a couple years time. 

I totally agree. I’m probably just a homer but I wouldn’t give up Podz for Reinhardt straight across. After seeing him put up with terrible coaching and ice time in the KHL and still produce against men I believe he will take every opportunity and exceed expectations. Everything in Buffalo reeks of desperation and losing, I’d take Reinhardt but only at a good discount. 

1st and a top prospect for Reinhart but the 9OA should be enough/better than a late 1st pick and prospect. Other option is Lockwood + next year's 1st. We'd have to fiddle with the cap though.

Reinhart + Ristolainen for Schmidt + 1st + Lockwood + Chatfield?

That sort of megadeal just doesn't happen anymore sadly but would fix a lot of issues, probably create a lot of issues too.

19 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

1st and a top prospect for Reinhart but the 9OA should be enough/better than a late 1st pick and prospect. Other option is Lockwood + next year's 1st. We'd have to fiddle with the cap though.

That sort of megadeal just doesn't happen anymore sadly but would fix a lot of issues, probably create a lot of issues too.

Schmidt is not waiving for Buffalo.

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, babalu said:

So Nylander is worth...that and more because he's produced in the playoffs?  A one time 65 point centre, but more average 50 point centre is now worth THAT????

Miller must be worth 2 firsts and a prospect then

Edited by Warhippy
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So Nylander is worth...that and more because he's produced in the playoffs?  A one time 65 point centre, but more average 50 point centre is now worth THAT????

Miller must be worth 2 firsts and a prospect then

More than that seeing as he is signed at a bargain for 2 more years.

5 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

This .

We aren’t trading any random first, or the 32nd OA pick.

It’s the 9th. 

We aren’t adding a potential future core piece in Podz because they don’t think the 9th OA is enough. Take it or leave it. If you want a chance at one of the potential star defenceman at the upcoming draft. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Which is exactly why Benning is exploring other trade options.

If we had a late first maybe we make this deal. The prospect would be someone like Juolevi.

The ask on the Sabre guys is insane.  

Just now, DeNiro said:

Another case of a GM getting greedy.

My guess is they have to lower their asking price on all three players they’re going to trade.

Teams are going to use up their cap space on free agents, and the Sabres will be stuck.  It’s Going to be a very unhappy room when they hit camp.  Really nice environment for all those young players to learn and develop in.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Another case of a GM getting greedy.

My guess is they have to lower their asking price on all three players they’re going to trade.

Yeah getting more than our 9th without taking salary back for a guy that doesnt wanna be there cracks me up. Just keep the pick unless they take loui contract off our hands.